Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,158 comments
We definitely would like to take Volvos and Koeningsegg for a spin in Gran Turismo, right guys ? ;) Who is with me ?
I would love this one

OIP.jpg

I'd even pay for it

That almost sounds like something I did.
someones girlfriend: "dont you ever buy things just because they make you happy?"
me: "usually I dont buy things I dont need."
she: "you should try ..."
me: showing up with a new car the next time we saw each other. - The old one broke down in the time between these incidents.
Sure but it's could be a very costly habit ;)
So, you used to drive a VW, and your avatar pic is a BMW ... if I didn't know you any better I'd say you have a soft spot for German engineering ;)
and what if I told you I also owned this one (my 50 years birthday present) ;)

1709640501321.jpeg

now you made us VERY curious...... tell us....tell us....tell us...... :lol: :lol:

If he already drives a BMW M3 it must certainly be a Porsche...a 964 😍 no that's mine dream car 😅

While these days it's not exactly my 'dream' car, last fall I bought the first car I really wanted in the world that was attainable. A MK8 GTI. I wanna know what you got!

Edit;
Obviously I didn't want a 23 GTI... I wanted a 92 16 Valve but this will do.

Its an Italian masterpiece... Alfa

In 1991, I was driving this:

View attachment 1334244

Ok fellas I'll stop derailing this thread now; @Gogga somehow mysteriously hit the nail on the head. Jeremy Clarkson once said you're not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa Romeo, so I guess I'm finally going to become a true petrolhead! On Thursday I pick up an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and I CANNOT WAIT!! It has been stuck in my head ever since it was announced what 10 years ago? I test drove one in 2020, fell in love (despite it being in Dubai, the worst place I can think of owning one :lol: but lost my job due to the pandemic just a few weeks later, was unemployed for almost two years after that so I thought my chance was over. But..... Never. Give. Up! I drove one in the UK a few weeks ago and that was it, I had to do it :D

I have that excited feeling in my stomach that I haven't felt since I was a kid (I'm 37 now), I'm so lucky I've owned and driven some amazing cars over the years but the Alfa just feels different, it has so much soul and that can only come with an Italian car (Sorry Germany, I love you loads still and I will never get rid of my E46 M3!).

The sad thing is I thought GT7 with a wheel and pedals would feel so good I wouldn't feel the need to waste money on fast cars in the real world but if anything it's just made the desire worse; getting to experience a little slice of what these cars actually feel, sound and drive like just gives me the bug even more!! But what a terrible affliction to have! Hardly any of my friends and colleagues understand so I'm so glad I have places like GTplanet where I can share my love of driving and cars with other like minded people :gtpflag:

Thread diversion over, I love you mods! I will post an update on my time trialling exploits again tomorrow :)

Ok fellas I'll stop derailing this thread now; @Gogga somehow mysteriously hit the nail on the head. Jeremy Clarkson once said you're not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa Romeo, so I guess I'm finally going to become a true petrolhead! On Thursday I pick up an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and I CANNOT WAIT!! It has been stuck in my head ever since it was announced what 10 years ago? I test drove one in 2020, fell in love (despite it being in Dubai, the worst place I can think of owning one :lol: but lost my job due to the pandemic just a few weeks later, was unemployed for almost two years after that so I thought my chance was over. But..... Never. Give. Up! I drove one in the UK a few weeks ago and that was it, I had to do it :D

I have that excited feeling in my stomach that I haven't felt since I was a kid (I'm 37 now), I'm so lucky I've owned and driven some amazing cars over the years but the Alfa just feels different, it has so much soul and that can only come with an Italian car (Sorry Germany, I love you loads still and I will never get rid of my E46 M3!).

The sad thing is I thought GT7 with a wheel and pedals would feel so good I wouldn't feel the need to waste money on fast cars in the real world but if anything it's just made the desire worse; getting to experience a little slice of what these cars actually feel, sound and drive like just gives me the bug even more!! But what a terrible affliction to have! Hardly any of my friends and colleagues understand so I'm so glad I have places like GTplanet where I can share my love of driving and cars with other like minded people :gtpflag:

Thread diversion over, I love you mods! I will post an update on my time trialling exploits again tomorrow :)
Points for me :D

Congrats on your purchase!! :cheers:

I knew my guess was right. I pay attention to each and every post here. It wasn't a mystery guess. You have mentioned it previously that your dream car is an Alfa Romeo.

Im not sure exactly when though. It might have been when we were at Red Bull Ring with the Alfa.

Enjoy your car!!!!!
Pics at the Ring incoming :D

Beautiful car i'm Italian but never had an Alfa but I literally fell in love with the super gt that I was able to admire at the Geneva show last week 🤤

Attachments

• IMG_6990.jpg
    IMG_6990.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6984.jpg
    IMG_6984.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6981.jpg
    IMG_6981.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 9

Congrats on that mega purchase Dan!, that must be awesom!, beautiful car, beautiful sound!...

Just remember one thing......if you even visit your birth-country in that thing without texting me, i'll hunt you for ever....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Points for me :D

Congrats on your purchase!! :cheers:

I knew my guess was right. I pay attention to each and every post here. It wasn't a mystery guess. You have mentioned it previously that your dream car is an Alfa Romeo.

Im not sure exactly when though. It might have been when we were at Red Bull Ring with the Alfa.

Enjoy your car!!!!!
Pics at the Ring incoming :D
Dude, awesome attention to detail! And yes, I am SO tempted to take it to the ring! It would be rude not to, most of my performance cars of the last 9 years have been! :D
Beautiful car i'm Italian but never had an Alfa but I literally fell in love with the super gt that I was able to admire at the Geneva show last week 🤤
Wowzers that is beautiful, my Uncle had a GTV and a 147 but that's the only Alfa history in my family, he loves them so he will be absolutely CHUFFED when I tell him I've bought one
991.2 Carerra T (since I can’t afford a GT3 Touring or an ST). Pic before the drive to work this morning. My 50th Birthday present to myself!

View attachment 1334276
Oh my goodness @Carlos Fandango that is an absolute beauty! Is that your driveway?? That's the nicest driveway I've ever seen :lol: is it Guard's Red?
Congrats on that mega purchase Dan!, that must be awesom!, beautiful car, beautiful sound!...

Just remember one thing......if you even visit your birth-country in that thing without texting me, i'll hunt you for ever....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't worry buddy I will be visiting don't you worry, by then I'll have probably made some 'improvements' to the sound so you and your neighbours will rue the day I decided to make a visit :P

Dude, awesome attention to detail! And yes, I am SO tempted to take it to the ring! It would be rude not to, most of my performance cars of the last 9 years have been! :D
Looking forward to your photo shoot at the ring.

This thread is much more than just a time trial discussion. I enjoy reading through it each day. It's nice knowing the finer details of all these virtual friends.

Just outside of top 200 ? Are you kidding ? Go back !
Not stopping. Pushing for my best placement thus far.
Yes. Don't ruin this for me. 😂😂🔥🔥🔥🔥
I think your .553 is safe. My optimals are .580 so currently I am chasing @crome
But you never know because @half_sourly gave me another trick that I have up my sleeve and it seems to be working just fine 👌

Not stopping. Pushing for my best placement thus far.

I think your .553 is safe. My optimals are .580 so currently I am chasing @crome
But you never know because @half_sourly gave me another trick that I have up my sleeve and it seems to be working just fine 👌
I'm not here to hold anyone back. Go get it!! These last few TTs the both of us have been on fire.

@half_sourly is holding out?!?!

Back