Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,865 comments
OK ninjas, I made a video that teach technique how to compare two lap replays in video editing app on mobile phone, in order to compare two laps and learn where and how to get faster.

First of all, I am not a “youtuber” but I did my best to make video as professional and educational as I could do with my current knowledge 😊 Video is targeting bronze and silver audience in order to help you guys get silver and gold medals.

Video comparison is made on current Time Trial on RB with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.

So, this is what I have done. I have android phone and I have downloaded first PS app in order to be able to download lap replay videos to my phone.

Next thing I have installed an app named CapCut which is also free to download, you can use any you like if you want, I am just showing how to edit video on this app.

Basically you add two lap replays to video editing app, you align both cars to very same position on the track, just before every turn so you can scroll through the videos and study when fastest car is braking, how much, when he is releasing brake, which gear, when he is accelerating and compare it to how we are doing it in videos, and learn from him and try to replicate his moves in our next attempts. You scroll fast forward to next turn, faster car will now be ahead of us, we cut videos in order to align both cars again on same position on track so we can study in detail, brake, gears, accelerator and so on, so we repeat it for full lap and that is it. I export video and sometimes watch in in slow motion, example in video apps you can choose speed of playback, so I can have enough time to watch both at same time, or just pause video and watch it frame by frame, or call it meter by meter on the track 😊

I do not have ambitions to become someone on youtube, so I am not asking for likes or subscribers. I am just doing it for fun and to help you ninjas get faster. If I see that for some reason you guys press likes and subscribes maybe I can make more videos and show other things I might find interesting to share the knowledge for others.

I have created a separate thread for this video so we keep TT discussion here. If you want to ask something about video, ask there or comment on youtube whatever you find easier for you.

Good speed now and I hope you enjoy video and learn how to get gold medals.

Done, finally :D

Brilliant video. Thank you for taking the time to make it. It is really clear and explains the process well.

Brilliant video. Thank you for taking the time to make it. It is really clear and explains the process well.
I thank you a lot for what you have done here, and doing daily, and the tape over the screen deltas :D , I do remember it you telling me like a 18 month ago to cover deltas, so thank YOU on your advices and of course leaderboards!

Hey, I was paying attention to details too, previous time @Dan_Tes was on the ring, we didn't got any photos, so I am afraid we won't get any next time either, or, shall we? 😁

Hopefully we will, just like we got of the sexy ///M

🤣
Yes, I've hidden my deltas with cardboard and tape. Makes a huge difference with it hidden.
If only PD can implement this simple feature because now I'm going to have to explain to people why I have two pieces of cardboard taped to my screen. It's going to be a pain to remove it constantly so il let it be.

I always take a trip round the Evo Triangle in North Wales and down towards the Mach Loop, great little road trips 👍🏻

Please don't tell me that you are part of cliosport.net too, everyone on there has gone from Clio's to either a BMW, Alfa or a Porsche Cayman now 😂

Enjoy the new car 😎
Don’t worry fellas will always slip in a quick Ring pic! Caring is sharing 🤣 before last year I had only been once through lockdown and I took a B7 RS4 Avant, complete with dog cage (and no dogs 😉). Was silly but fun, Audi make a great fast road car but they don’t come alive like BMWs do on track!

FEBF6EC9-ACA4-4F3A-8FA1-E419565806A8.jpeg

@P-Courty in tempted to draw up a Welsh NC500, better roads for driving and much more accessible than Scotland. The Wales border is less than 3 hours from Dover/Folkestone 😎 one day..

Anyways, back to (virtual) reality. I did get home earlier than expected and did a few laps! I don’t like the way this roadster thing handles, it’s a challenge to get more time out of it even though it’s not overly quick. Maybe one session tonight to improve if I’m lucky 😇
IMG_5805.jpeg

IMG_5806.jpeg

I have to say RBR is quite irritating :crazy: I've done some pretty spectacular sector time in all 1, 2 and 3. But just like trying to win the lottory, they are never in the same lap/line.

Minor improvment....I will see if I can work some enthusiasm this evening and try one more session.

View attachment 1334506
don't you dare putting in a 45.449 mate, i'll hunt you too then.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go for it, i'm sure you will nail this one too! ...crazy muffin.... :lol:

I have to say RBR is quite irritating :crazy: I've done some pretty spectacular sector time in all 1, 2 and 3. But just like trying to win the lottory, they are never in the same lap/line.

Minor improvment....I will see if I can work some enthusiasm this evening and try one more session.

View attachment 1334506
You can stay right there! 🔥🔥 I also have some wicked fast sectors individually but cannot for the life of me get them all together for a lap. Infuriating and so fun all at once.

Dude, awesome attention to detail! And yes, I am SO tempted to take it to the ring! It would be rude not to, most of my performance cars of the last 9 years have been! :D

I'm lucky enough to live 500km from the ring, I go there once or twice a year.
A magical place even if you don't ride, i recommend it to any car enthusiast !

Attachments

• racetracker_23374198_371702.jpg
    racetracker_23374198_371702.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 9
After many poor laps, many invalidated too, I've finally manage another tiny improvement - like 0.07... - with the Mitsub'...

1709739991242.png

Sector 1 is now regularly in 26.8xx / 26.9xx which is better
Sector 2 is the most complicated with many 47.5xx (way too much)
Sector 3 is the grey zone where I'm not yet regularly below 33.5xx

Good news 1: I'm getting closer from a safe "Under 10.000th" final ranking :dopey:
Good news 2: I'm getting closer from my Austrian friend "Niki King Rat"
Good news 3: I've overtake my friend @Gorefast who will react soon :sly:

It's not yet satisfying, not yet fun, not yet optimal but the replay is shared in game.

Final thought for a Greek friend:

See Ya Goodbye GIF by VH1

I know it's a bit offtopic but I would really like to know how does the endurance button module work on PS in general and in GT7, do you have the option to map the buttons, does the funky switch work properly etc :) Thanks!
They function and some can be mapped. There’s also a toggle on each side that allows the MDF (I think that’s the name for fuel brake TCS weather and the rest) settings to be adjusted.

@P-Courty in tempted to draw up a Welsh NC500, better roads for driving and much more accessible than Scotland. The Wales border is less than 3 hours from Dover/Folkestone 😎 one day..
I did have a map of roads I used to take through Denbigh, Bala, Snowdonia, Dolgellau, Barmouth and stop off at the Mach Loop to see the RAF low flyby training not sure what device I saved it on though 😒

If you come up with a Welsh NC500 I'd be up for a drive out as the boarder is only 20mins away 👍🏻

(also get some scapes replicas with your Alfa 😉)

Last edited:
I did have a map of roads I used to take through Denbigh, Bala, Snowdonia, Dolgellau, Barmouth and stop off at the Mach Loop to see the RAF low flyby training not sure what device I saved it on though 😒

If you come up with a Welsh NC500 I'd be up for a drive out as the boarder is only 20mins away 👍🏻

(also get some scapes replicas with your Alfa 😉)
I feel a GTP road trip coming up. Sounds like a sweet way to spend some summer days!

1:47.404 = score not found !!! :lol::lol:

I swear, you've challenged the wrong guy, mate...

War Shockwave GIF

You owe me half of the reward because without the motivation I gave you, you would be still in silver or worst...
(ok not bad)

Last edited:
The Top 100 will elude me once again. It's certainly not for a lack of effort.

However I did manage to improve my time in this final day. I'm pleased I was able to finally set a valid .5 time but I'm just a couple hundredths away from my goal.

The stint was somewhat short as I sacrificed extra time today for the GTWS race (worth it as I came away with a win!). So while I'm disappointed I couldn't achieve my goal, I think I'm overall satisfied with my performance today and with this TT in particular.

18e15b306eb47-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e15b31f4d32-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here's the replay.

Sorry @crome :lol: ... I'll just cozy up right behind @330_D

18e15a7f08c33-screenshotUrl.jpg

And speaking of GTWS, I can't really complain about my result at GV because look who I'm currently ahead of at the Sardegna Free Practice ...

18e15af782e56-screenshotUrl.jpg

Though, I don't think I'll last very long ahead of @djolliea ! Good luck with your race!

Back