Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,698 comments
another day, another noshow on gt7 😢
since the Barcellona TT went on I had litteraly time for two 6 lap stints there plus a 5 lap qualy on this week RaceC, which I haven't jump in yet.

hopefully saturday and sunday will deserve me some little more time, so please don't get too crazy with your times 😜

The track selection has been great for the recent Time Trials! Sticking to my trusty McLaren for Spa and while not the quickest, I can probably get a respectable time in it way faster than jumping into another Gr.3. Though without setup (not even Brake Bias) it is a test of patience on throttle application which was...fun.

Currently at 2:18.061. Sector 1 & 3 were great and maybe 0.15s to gain in Sector 2 so 2:17 is definitely possible. May try out other lesser used Gr.3 for this TT seeing how blend this week's Daily Race is.

(Yes I hate the bollards!)

IMG_1151.JPG
IMG_1152.JPG

Welcome back on Gran Turismo Time Trial at Spa !! 🥰

To perform on the one of the most beautiful circuits, I've selected a beautiful and fast livery (more important than the car) but as usual, I didn't picked a random one!!

An agressive look:

1718988726599.png

A reliable sponsor:

1718988781056.png

And finaly, I have an iconic livery, perfectly adapted to this iconic car :

1718988840626.png

I had few laps with various cars (Toyota GR, Porsche RSR) but none were satisfying and fast enough to me. I was over 2:22, without any guide or ghost.

Then I came back with my new armor and no doubt, the Stark Industy livery is more than helpful:

1718989009524.png

For now, I'm very happy with this score and I don't know yet if I'll chase the enter of the gold mine (Mrs Pots is waiting for me, lascivious as usual^^).

Take care guys, and have fun no matter what!!

Iron Man Run GIF by Tony Babel

Welcome back on Gran Turismo Time Trial at Spa !! 🥰

To perform on the one of the most beautiful circuits, I've selected a beautiful and fast livery (more important than the car) but as usual, I didn't picked a random one!!

An agressive look:

View attachment 1366688

A reliable sponsor:

View attachment 1366690

And finaly, I have an iconic livery, perfectly adapted to this iconic car :

View attachment 1366691

I had few laps with various cars (Toyota GR, Porsche RSR) but none were satisfying and fast enough to me. I was over 2:22, without any guide or ghost.

Then I came back with my new armor and no doubt, the Stark Industy livery is more than helpful:

View attachment 1366692

For now, I'm very happy with this score and I don't know yet if I'll chase the enter of the gold mine (Mrs Pots is waiting for me, lascivious as usual^^).

Take care guys, and have fun no matter what!!

Iron Man Run GIF by Tony Babel
Welcome back my friend !!!!💪💪💪💪🇨🇵🇨🇵🇨🇵
It' a pleasure to see you here again !!!! Go go go !!!!!

Hey old friends! I hope you all are smoking these TT's (I know you are because I rarely am higher than 15 out of 24 friends on these lol). I miss being on here - but it is bad for me because work is too demanding (and ******) and already dont have enough time in the day to close business. I miss being able to play as much as I used to (once in last 1.5-weeks)

Tried with the Huracan, after first lap I thought nope... but the following laps proved otherwise, was close to my previous record on lap 2, beaten it with a good margin on lap 3 and beaten it again on lap 4.

Big bottle on lap 5...
1903c33d2aa32-screenshotUrl.jpg

As I am also "learning" this TT, I won't conclude that the Huracan is much better in my hands than the NSX '00. But at least I can't reject that car as less performing.

Last edited:
It's been a couple days since I've been in here. Last weekend I was out of town, then when I got back home I somehow pulled a muscle from the R side of my neck down between my shoulder blades (splenius colli maybe?) that made it damn near impossible to move my head... so no GT7 for me for a few days.

Yesterday I felt good enough to get back in with only one thing in mind, the bronze drift challenge that @PCourty @Gorefast @Gogga @MUC76 were talking about. All I have to say is, thanks for making me into a psychopath. I didn't even attempt the Lemans TT because I was so crazy about this challenge! Everyone else has probably moved on from this one already...

I spent more time doing this than any other thing I've done in GT7 by a long shot. Several hours yesterday, and another two this morning... hundreds of attempts, sweating, cussing, leaving my muscles sore and me dissatisfied. License S-10 and early physics Nurburgring CE have nothing on this! Don't get me wrong, it was still a worthwhile time, but it pushed me to my limits several times where I just had to stop for a bit and leave it be. I didn't do anything but this in GT7 over the last two days.

Trying to drift a car with SM tires, no e-brake, and no clutch is maddening. The line between grip and slip is razor thin, and sudden snaps that chuck the car off track happen ALL THE TIME. The amount of laps I threw away on one missed entry are probably in the hundreds! If you miss one braking point, one misstep on the brake, one poorly timed flick, too slow/fast and the tires grip up... the lap is done. Hundreds of great laps were chucked because of one little misstep. If you get out of rhythm, slow down a little, or anything else happens the run is ruined. Cue LOTS of restarts and LOTS of cussing!

The technique I used to get the car to behave the way I wanted worked, but was super hard to keep on top of. It involved a Scandinavian flick, but required a stab of the brake when turning out, and another when turning in. It goes: turn out *stab brake, lift, turn in *stab brake, then ALL the throttle until angle is achieved and balance it with steering on the way out. It was the only way I found to get the front tires to bite while also upsetting the chassis enough to force rotation. Doing this on every entry takes a lot concentration over a lap.

In the end I threw away tens if not hundreds of laps that were complete and under the bronze time, but just weren't good enough. I wasn't going to settle for runs with a bunch of ugly mistakes in them... that said, my lap here still isn't perfect by a long shot, but I'm happy enough with it to finally post it up.

This vid has the lap and a reply with telemetry so you guys can see what's going on with my feet and the wheel. I have another lap saved which is almost as good, but this one eeked it out as my favorite.

It will be strange to go back to playing "normal" GT7 now... haha. I've still got some time to gain here with the AMG, and a gold to get at SpA, though I'm thinking that all this foolish drifting has probably sharpened up my car control skills a LOT!

P-courty... I'll be sending you the bill for my therapy visit after this one!

Last edited:
Come on!

1719003806767.jpg

17190051903010.jpg

Optimals were around 2:17.7xx but that would really have to be a perfect lap, I still cannot comprehend how the top alien ghosts go through the middle sector, I really really try to follow the lines, the inputs, everything, but they just walk away while I'm understeering into oblivion, it's like they are on RS and I'm on RH tires... But still, I'm happy, this was the first TT in a long time that I entered for a second session, and achieved the goal :)

1719003806777.jpg

@AdxRE It's your turn! :lol:
And of course our resident alien @djolliea jesus christ man, what a time :D

Last edited:
It's been a couple days since I've been in here. Last weekend I was out of town, then when I got back home I somehow pulled a muscle from the R side of my neck down between my shoulder blades (splenius colli maybe?) that made it damn near impossible to move my head... so no GT7 for me for a few days.

Yesterday I felt good enough to get back in with only one thing in mind, the bronze drift challenge that @PCourty @Gorefast @Gogga @MUC76 were talking about. All I have to say is, thanks for making me into a psychopath. I didn't even attempt the Lemans TT because I was so crazy about this challenge! Everyone else has probably moved on from this one already...

I spent more time doing this than any other thing I've done in GT7 by a long shot. Several hours yesterday, and another two this morning... hundreds of attempts, sweating, cussing, leaving my muscles sore and me dissatisfied. License S-10 and early physics Nurburgring CE have nothing on this! Don't get me wrong, it was still a worthwhile time, but it pushed me to my limits several times where I just had to stop for a bit and leave it be. I didn't do anything but this in GT7 over the last two days.

Trying to drift a car with SM tires, no e-brake, and no clutch is maddening. The line between grip and slip is razor thin, and sudden snaps that chuck the car off track happen ALL THE TIME. The amount of laps I threw away on one missed entry are probably in the hundreds! If you miss one braking point, one misstep on the brake, one poorly timed flick, too slow/fast and the tires grip up... the lap is done. Hundreds of great laps were chucked because of one little misstep. If you get out of rhythm, slow down a little, or anything else happens the run is ruined. Cue LOTS of restarts and LOTS of cussing!

The technique I used to get the car to behave the way I wanted worked, but was super hard to keep on top of. It involved a Scandinavian flick, but required a stab of the brake when turning out, and another when turning in. It goes: turn out *stab brake, lift, turn in *stab brake, then ALL the throttle until angle is achieved and balance it with steering on the way out. It was the only way I found to get the front tires to bite while also upsetting the chassis enough to force rotation. Doing this on every entry takes a lot concentration over a lap.

In the end I threw away tens if not hundreds of laps that were complete and under the bronze time, but just weren't good enough. I wasn't going to settle for runs with a bunch of ugly mistakes in them... that said, my lap here still isn't perfect by a long shot, but I'm happy enough with it to finally post it up.

This vid has the lap and a reply with telemetry so you guys can see what's going on with my feet and the wheel. I have another lap saved which is almost as good, but this one eeked it out as my favorite.

It will be strange to go back to playing "normal" GT7 now... haha. I've still got some time to gain here with the AMG, and a gold to get at SpA, though I'm thinking that all this foolish drifting has probably sharpened up my car control skills a LOT!

:bowdown: fantastic replay. This type of car control is incredible and more than one reason to be proud of!

Regards
Martin

P. S. Sorry for having the idea of the drift challenge 😉

Last edited:

Wow! Congrats to this result. Your car control is unbelievable. Completely sick!

You guys are a league of your own while I am just a fan of drifting without this skills (and dedication). Thank you very much!!!

Good Lord. Absolutely stellar. 💪💪🔥🔥🔥🍻🍻🍻

It's coming a bit tougher that expected, Chris.
Day 1 and I'm outside gold quite a bit...
TT-CatalAMG-almost.jpg

It's there in the optimals, but just barely, so getting there will not be easy.
I can see the upper hand the wheel users have here, it's that sweet spot between steering angle and throttle input to keep that grip sticking and drive rolling through the corners.
I find it quite demanding.

Oh my, the R8 is fast! It takes more care than the NSX, but it's got a much higher ceiling (for me anyways). My lap was far from perfect. I took a lot of right side curb in Eau Rouge which I'm sure cost me some time down Kemmel Straight. I felt I tried to carry too much speed through Bruxelles and had to wait to get on the gas at exit. Took some inside curb through Pouhon and accelerated too late. And had a major Code Brown moment when the outside curb nearly flung me off at Blanchimont. Also, I have no idea how I avoided the bollard at Stavelot/Paul Frere. That was about as perfect as I've ever made it through that corner.
IMG_3274.jpg

1903dd8dad262-screenshotUrl.png

A quick 45 min late night session. Good enough for top 100, I should think! I enjoyed this one way more than I thought I would. Shame I can't really put more time into it and push that time down a tad. Going on holiday to Hungary and Italy come Sunday morning which leaves only tomorrow for Spa Gr.3 (as well as packing, final preparations and all that ish :lol:).

Back