Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,763 comments
Thank you @luv2drive

I just entered silver territory, 1'54.847
That's excellent for starting out! Good job 👍

I'm still stuck in bronze with about a second to find to reach silver.
Unfortunately I will only have time for a couple more laps today, then away from home tomorrow, returning Friday, so not much I can do about that.

I do think I'm going to have to get to grips with MT. Not so much for holding gear but for braking. When I do decide to try and follow a ghost, if I brake more or less where they do, it's too late usually and I'm off the track. They slow down quicker.
The only reason I can think this is, is because they're using engine braking too. Any ideas anyone???

That's excellent for starting out! Good job 👍

I'm still stuck in bronze with about a second to find to reach silver.
Unfortunately I will only have time for a couple more laps today, then away from home tomorrow, returning Friday, so not much I can do about that.

I do think I'm going to have to get to grips with MT. Not so much for holding gear but for braking. When I do decide to try and follow a ghost, if I brake more or less where they do, it's too late usually and I'm off the track. They slow down quicker.
The only reason I can think this is, is because they're using engine braking too. Any ideas anyone???
Are you on controller? I'm sure braking on a controller is less effective than with wheel/pedals. I always get the same impression with my braking when following a ghost (part of the reason I don't use a ghost anymore) and same with the AI who seem to brake much harder than I can.

One of the biggest time savers in this lap is Eau Rouge. Get your line right and you can be flat the whole way up the hill and along the straight.

Are you on controller? I'm sure braking on a controller is less effective than with wheel/pedals. I always get the same impression with my braking when following a ghost (part of the reason I don't use a ghost anymore) and same with the AI who seem to brake much harder than I can.

One of the biggest time savers in this lap is Eau Rouge. Get your line right and you can be flat the whole way up the hill and along the straight.
Thanks for the tip! I use a wheel and pedals... and press as hard as I can sometimes! 😂

Last edited:
Ran some miles in the R8 this morning blasting to Eau Rouge, man that car is loose
sometimes and on DS5 it's also a workout, that R8 is realy on edge... slight error or twitch of the steering stick and it's all over...
Tiny bit of low RPM throttle and the tail goes, but once you hear that mid corner steady RPM straightpipe earbleeding sound you are warned to be VERY sensible on exit 😂

Lots of trial and error But finally managed to get a descent lap in, still missed some key points, getting it to the apex seems hard on some corners, and you can't lift that much due to reduction of speed but the audi realy has that lift of rotation, love that in a car!
but this was the best I could do this morning, and believe me I tried ....lots of restarts 😂

But..... hello 17's 😁, glad im in!
But a top 100 here?......definitely not!

1000021679.jpg

1000021680.jpg

I jumped online this morning to gold the GT3 Spa and I got close in the first few laps with the 911 but couldn't seem to push further.

Hopped in the NSX and felt more stable and was instantly 0.5xx quicker and more consistent but still no gold.

Went back to the 911 (I tend to use this most for GT3) and managed gold in 3 laps but was just only just clear and the next lap was an invalid 2:19.xxx so went for a blast to get into the 19s.

A few kurb clips causing spins and early throttle also causing spins and only one bollard hit in the whole time... Although I did get really close at some points (pictures below 😱) and a few exits and resets due to ghost glitch setting back to 0 and being annoyingly in the way.

But I made it and quite a difference from the lap before too, although I was a lot slower on sector 1 I kept going to crawl back into the blue delta.

I probably could be quicker if I don't miss some apexs but this will do for me.

1000009489.jpg
1000009490.jpg
1000009496.jpg
1000009492.jpg

Keeping the Porsches together on the leader board @AE-Drifting just 0.005 in it.
1000009495.jpg

And to top it off.... FINALLY
1000009494.jpg

Last edited:
That's what makes this a fun competitive place, we all have a sense of humor on how we do our hot laps, xD. Well I'm switching to MT, however I still may have to post some videos to let you guys take a took, cause I tend to choose the wrong gears in certain places of the track. See I would need 2 TV's in order to compare my lap with each of you all. I'll figure it out, the MT shouldn't be that much of a chore to learn.

Got up this morning, had a cup of coffee, watched @Tidgney 's lap guide to see where I could improve, and then headed out to Spa for an hour-long stint to try and improve and get into the 18s.

I can't tell you how many laps in the 2:19.0s and 2:19.s I had before finally breaking through with this one which I knew I had in me.

Wow, the precision timing needed to really get to the next level is insane. And what I noticed, at least with the R8, is that "pushing harder" can sometimes be counter productive.

In any case, I may be close to my limit already, but I've set a goal for this TT to try and join @Gomario JSP in the 17s. Maybe too lofty, but I think I'll enjoy the attempt.

TT_Spa_R8_B.jpeg

Got up this morning, had a cup of coffee, watched @Tidgney 's lap guide to see where I could improve, and then headed out to Spa for an hour-long stint to try and improve and get into the 18s.

I can't tell you how many laps in the 2:19.0s and 2:19.s I had before finally breaking through with this one which I knew I had in me.

Wow, the precision timing needed to really get to the next level is insane. And what I noticed, at least with the R8, is that "pushing harder" can sometimes be counter productive.

In any case, I may be close to my limit already, but I've set a goal for this TT to try and join @Gomario JSP in the 17s. Maybe too lofty, but I think I'll enjoy the attempt.

View attachment 1367190
Well done!, 1.55% is no joke!
The R8 can be very frustrating indeed...once you crossed that line....it will murder you 😂

Absolutely try to get into that 17'
I'll save my replay later on, maby it can be of some help

Go get it champ 😁💪

Tried the Audi this morning … tricky little beast isn’t it! I think the gearing is slightly more optimal for sector 1 than the Renault, but I’m just more consistent with the RS01. No improvement in 100+ miles, but got to just under a tenth away from my PB. Will try again later after family activities and daily construction chores! :cheers:

Tried the Audi this morning … tricky little beast isn’t it! I think the gearing is slightly more optimal for sector 1 than the Renault, but I’m just more consistent with the RS01. No improvement in 100+ miles, but got to just under a tenth away from my PB. Will try again later after family activities and daily construction chores! :cheers:
I noticed you were using a different car and set a pretty good time with it. May have to try the Renault. I'm not even sure if I've ever driven it before. :lol:

Went for a trip to spa today. Not the one my wife would like. Decided to stick with my fav manufacturers for the moment. Started with astons. Vantage did the silver time, but was a bit oversteery. Tried the gt1 and it wasn't ASTONishing. Understeer all the way, couldn't even make it flatout through eau rouge
1000017234.jpg

Then comes the ford GT, the newest one. Pretty straightforward into gold zone. And I think I can extract a bit more of the time here.
1000017232.jpg
1000017233.jpg

Back into GT after a short 8 year hiatus :lol:

Down to a 2'18.3 after first attempt.

Some incredibly fast times at the top.
8 years! Wow, well welcome back mate. Remember me, I'm Chris30. I signed up three years ago so I could make plenty of friends and get help/assistance with Gran Turismo. It's great to see you back man! I'm hoping to gold the Spa TT soon, or sometime this week, but I'm working on the Barcelona TT atm.

Good luck y'all, and have fun hot lapping!

Back