Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,658 comments
sooo.. Formula 1 race on Red Bull Ring for the weekend... do we see TT on RBR on Thursday again? Really fast car or really slow car this time?
Please, please, please.

1719303592920.png

Of course I am going to give Spa another go with everyone improved massively since the beginning of this TT. Yes looking at you guys @Vule @Gomario JSP ;)

I don't think I have competitively driven another Gr.3 other than the McLaren for a least a few months, but curiosity got the better of me to give other Gr.3s a go and now I understand why the Audi R8 is one of the Metas here. While a tiny bit off at top end and overall stability, the turn-in and the cornering speed in the Audi is much better than the McLaren that I was 0.6s faster in Sector 2 ALONE (1:02.6 vs 1:03.2). Though I then managed to lose most of that by ordinary/poor Sector 1 & 3 :lol:, though still managed to get into 17's for the first time, at 2:17.857.

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

3A986D74-4B31-42B3-B4CC-3DE2829C45A7.JPEG

Also tried out the NSX GT500 though I probably need another session to be fully onboard with it - can't even get into 2:19 atm! :confused:

Also noticed I got kicked out of Top 100 in the AMG GT R TT so may need to spend some time on that, not sure how much (if at all) I am able to improve...:indiff:

sooo.. Formula 1 race on Red Bull Ring for the weekend... do we see TT on RBR on Thursday again? Really fast car or really slow car this time?
No, I don't think so. This weekend is all about Spa. I guess we will see an american track with a vintage road car, probably also american.

That would not be my favourite but I can stay one week longer at Spa. So no problem for me...

Of course I am going to give Spa another go with everyone improved massively since the beginning of this TT. Yes looking at you guys @Vule @Gomario JSP ;)

I don't think I have competitively driven another Gr.3 other than the McLaren for a least a few months, but curiosity got the better of me to give other Gr.3s a go and now I understand why the Audi R8 is one of the Metas here. While a tiny bit off at top end and overall stability, the turn-in and the cornering speed in the Audi is much better than the McLaren that I was 0.6s faster in Sector 2 ALONE (1:02.6 vs 1:03.2). Though I then managed to lose most of that by ordinary/poor Sector 1 & 3 :lol:, though still managed to get into 17's for the first time, at 2:17.857.

Also tried out the NSX GT500 though I probably need another session to be fully onboard with it - can't even get into 2:19 atm! :confused:

Also noticed I got kicked out of Top 100 in the AMG GT R TT so may need to spend some time on that, not sure how much (if at all) I am able to improve...:indiff:

So my 39.3 wasn't that bad on S1 with the Audi :lol: :lol:

Smooth lap mate, deleight to watch and listen with those exterior parts in between!
and .... very nice livery!

If i'm looking at your lap..... i def stuffed up that .8 missing the apex of T15 :banghead::banghead::lol::lol:
But was wondering what took you so long to put us in our place again :lol:

Great lap mate!

Repainted the R34 blue and went back to Spa for 1/10 improvement. There's around 5/10 more according to opt but I doubt I can break into the 18's with this lovely car. So fun to throw around. Really easy to rotate, sometimes drifting into and out of neutral steer with throttle control. Tried the 911 and the NSX too and both feel very planted but lack top speed compared to the GT-R. Don't know if I want to try something more meta, just to rank higher on the board or stick with something I find more aesthetic.
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__2.jpeg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_.jpeg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__1.jpeg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240625104255_1.png
After the session @ Spa I came across some familiar faces in a chill "car show winner chooses cat" lobby. Which one of you aliens smokes? (image censored for ToS compliance)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240625021444.png

It's very interesting how we manage to "feel" different cars and find their optimal rythm, I cannot drive the Audi or the RS01 even if my life depended on it, but the NSX, it just clicked right away :)

Great time man, I must give this another go now :D

So my 39.3 wasn't that bad on S1 with the Audi :lol: :lol:

Smooth lap mate, deleight to watch and listen with those exterior parts in between!
and .... very nice livery!

If i'm looking at your lap..... i def stuffed up that .8 missing the apex of T15 :banghead::banghead::lol::lol:
But was wondering what took you so long to put us in our place again :lol:

Great lap mate!
Thanks and full credit to the creator of this livery :) A very nice representation of the SuperGT GT300 Audi from a few years back!

T15 is hard for me as well, trail braking is a bit of hit or miss for me there even on my best lap in the video! I think you was ahead of me in the past 3 TT's anyways so I fully expected to be bumped down the order sooner or later :D

It's very interesting how we manage to "feel" different cars and find their optimal rythm, I cannot drive the Audi or the RS01 even if my life depended on it, but the NSX, it just clicked right away :)

Great time man, I must give this another go now :D
And amazingly they are supposed to be pretty close lap time wise despite the huge difference in "feel". The NSX to me feels similar to the BRZ GT300 with lots of grip and very light/flat in corners, which is something I aren't really used to.

Looking forward to your lap!

For lunch break I decided to try the Nissan GTR praised by @ikon_313 but I did not paid attention and took the GT-R Nismo '13 not the GT500 '99...
1904f4df9d824-screenshotUrl.jpg

Anyway the test was not conclusive in my hands, with bad lap times.

So I switched to another car I wanted to try (or retry) the Porsche, and first lap was not so bad for a first lap, and second lap I managed to shave .407s so really happy with that. I'll take that this car has a good potential for me.

1904f4dc54010-screenshotUrl.jpg

I need to try the good Nissan GT-R next 😅

Last edited:
a quick attempt at spa during my wife's shower.

I already had a time with the audi, I restarted from that car but then, for no particular reason, after not even two laps, I decided to try the Porsche and I took off half a second out of the blue.
Considering that I knew I was ahead of my time and that I was very conservative at Blanchimont and at the last variant I would say a good result.
The strange thing is that with the Audi I was not feeling badly. Maybe it is just confidence with the Porsche, which I use more often.

Anyway now I'm at 2:21.003 and in the section between Rivage and Puhon I really suck, especially in the unnamed corner I can't find references that I can use, including the orange piece of net, where it's more distracting to go looking for it than an advantage to use it

For lunch break I decided to try the Nissan GTR praised by @ikon_313 but I did not paid attention and took the GT-R Nismo '13 not the GT500 '99...
View attachment 1367584

Anyway the test was not conclusive in my hands, with bad lap times.

So I switched to another car I wanted to try (or retry) the Porsche, and first lap was not so bad for a first lap, and second lap I managed to shave .407s so really happy with that. I'll take that this car has a good potential for me.

View attachment 1367585

I need to try the good Nissan GT-R next 😅
I wouldn't say it's necessarily quick around the track, but rather in a straight line lol. The loose rear end and turbo lag makes it quite a handful to drive. FR layouts tend to be more slidy on exit, especially on a hilly track like Spa or the Nordschleife. Although I'm pretty comfortable with it, as it's my go to public Gr.3 Nordschleife lobby track toy, there's defintely quicker cars around. Maybe I should give the GT-R Nismo '13 a shot.

Last edited:
Gave the Audi another chance after I couldn't improve with the Lambo anymore.

Could not, for the life of me, get one good lap together. Improved by .1s but there is still some time to gain for me. Whenever I had a good first sector I screwed up the 2nd or 3rd and vice versa. Really frustrating 😅

Thankfully there is enough time left on this TT. Maybe also try the Porsche.

1904fbb98db94-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I'm back from a festival weekend where I caught myself a severe cold (which may or may not have something to do with the fact it was raining non-stop 🙄). I tried Spa on Sunday for a bit, but quickly realised that driving with fever and a headache is neither a lot of fun nor particularly productive - "No s***, Sherlock", as my kids would say.

I'm feeling a bit better today, so I tried again. First of all, I thought I would be having a hard time selecting the right car ... but then I spotted this livery on the Audi, and I knew I did not need to look any further.

1719329788820.png

(for the people outside Europe and / or uninterested in football, it's basically the German team's jersey)

I did maybe 6 or 7 valid laps over the span of 30 minutes, and arrived at a solid gold.

1719330089454.png

A high 2:18 is definitely in the cards, I am losing a ton of time in sector two. And I enjoy the combo a great deal. I hope I can spend some more time on it, maybe even later tonight?

Cheers everyone.

I'm back from a festival weekend where I caught myself a severe cold (which may or may not have something to do with the fact it was raining non-stop 🙄). I tried Spa on Sunday for a bit, but quickly realised that driving with fever and a headache is neither a lot of fun nor particularly productive - "No s***, Sherlock", as my kids would say.
Oh! I understand now why you were behind me on the friends leaderboard.

And I see that this unusual situation is no more 🤣

Gave the Audi another chance after I couldn't improve with the Lambo anymore.

Could not, for the life of me, get one good lap together. Improved by .1s but there is still some time to gain for me. Whenever I had a good first sector I screwed up the 2nd or 3rd and vice versa. Really frustrating 😅

Thankfully there is enough time left on this TT. Maybe also try the Porsche.

View attachment 1367597
Hi folks,

I'm feeling a bit better today, so I tried again. First of all, I thought I would be having a hard time selecting the right car ... but then I spotted this livery on the Audi, and I knew I did not need to look any further.

View attachment 1367612

(for the people outside Europe and / or uninterested in football, it's basically the German team's jersey)

I did maybe 6 or 7 valid laps over the span of 30 minutes, and arrived at a solid gold.

View attachment 1367613

A high 2:18 is definitely in the cards, I am losing a ton of time in sector two. And I enjoy the combo a great deal. I hope I can spend some more time on it, maybe even later tonight?

Cheers everyone.
Bravo mes amis !!!!👏👏👏👏
but you're starting to get a little too close....🤣🤣🤣

Times have changed at Barcelona.

Gold: 1:52.596
Silver: 1:54.782
Bronze: 2:00.248

Glad I went again otherwise I would be biting my nails and fingers off with anticipation of losing gold before it ends.

Would have been 0.007 left before losing it 😱 (James Bond without the Gold Finger 🤣)

Hopefully my time is definitely clear now 😅

Last edited:
Tonight went testing a bunch of cars (2-3 laps max, just to get the feel of the car)

• Nissan GT-R GT 500 '99, not the smoothest delivery of power to the wheels, lap time : 2:23.442.
  • Honda NSX 'OO, another try (was the first car I used on this TT) which I don't find that easy to drive, lap time 2:22.965.
  • Alpha 4C, nice drive and not so bad lap time : 2:22.763
  • Citroën GT, surprised me with a lap time of 2:21.861 which became my new record, on the second lap !
  • Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Stealth has potential, not the easiest to tame, but goes flat thru Eau-Rouge with one hand surprisingly, and lap time of 2:22.700, not so bad for an uneasy car to drive (for me)
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 '20 has potential too but not easy to drive, lap time : 2:22.023
  • Genesis X Gr.3, I found it awful to drive, worst car so far, understeer entering corners, oversteers on exit, wheelspin... not a car for my skills. Lap time : 2:22.615.

Tonight went testing a bunch of cars (2-3 laps max, just to get the feel of the car)

• Nissan GT-R GT 500 '99, not the smoothest delivery of power to the wheels, lap time : 2:23.442.
  • Honda NSX 'OO, another try (was the first car I used on this TT) which I don't find that easy to drive, lap time 2:22.965.
  • Citroën GT, surprised me with a lap time of 2:21.861 which became my new record, on the second lap !
  • Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Stealth has potential, not the easiest to tame, but goes flat thru Eau-Rouge with one hand surprisingly, and lap time of 2:22.700, not so bad for an uneasy car to drive (for me)
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 '20 has potential too but not easy to drive, lap time : 2:22.023
  • Genesis X Gr.3, I found it awful to drive, worst car so far, understeer entering corners, oversteers on exit, wheelspin... not a car for my skills. Lap time : 2:22.615.
Thanks for the inspiration!

What about (my preferred) porsche? Asking for a friend 😉

Some news from Belgium!

"Jarvis" had a serious crash at Combes and the costs to repair it is higher than a new car... #RIP

So, I've jumped in "Jules" (very French name for a French car) and applied a nice graphic livery:

View attachment 1367392

And guess what? Jules is really nice to drive, no understeer, no oversteer, no Greek-steer (the worst), just a very pleasant and fast machine with 7 gears !! If you haven't tried the R.S 01, you really should.

And thanks to Jules, I've gained more than 4 tenths on my previous PB with Jarvis:

View attachment 1367393

Sector 1: 39.786 - La Source is probably not perfectly optimal but I'm ok with Eau Rouge.

Sector 2: 1:04.281 - I've improved a lot here but it's far from enough. Still my weak spot.

Sector 3: 36.825 - Not sure if this score is ok or not but shaving some tenths should be doable.

As usual, the replay... bla bla bla.... for everyone:

View attachment 1367406

I need to find 5 more tenths to enter the yellow territory. And if possibly around 10.000th...

ATTACK!!!
Hi Daniel,
I have a confession to make because we are old friends. 😳
I asked Jules today if she fancied a date 🙄
She said "oui". 😃
I took her to a spa. She put on the little black dress for so as not to attract too much attention. She was a bit shy at first. She said she'd only ever been out with AT before. Always being shifted at exactly the same revs must have bored her for a long time.
Then she really thawed out 🫣

After a few drinks, she was only one hundredth slower than the girl I know from Ingolstadt.
1000014062.jpg

She said, two or three more drinks and she would put her in the shade. Unfortunately, I had to take her home before her husband finished watching football.

It was a really nice evening 😉

1000014060.jpg

Hope that we are still friends 😉

Last edited:
Yesterday was fruitless. Today I had some time to go to spa. Tried rest of ford's Gr3. The Eau Rouge/Radillion was the ultimate test, but always decided to put some laps.
Old ford gt lm spec 2.. felt like brick and was snapping left and right in fast corners, ditched, couldn't get within 1s.to pb.
Mustang gr3.. too heavy and too slow in straights.
Then came time for a safe bet - the Porsche 911. Enjoyable to drive, predictable, but still couldn't better my pb, although posted gold time with it.
Finally comes the meta, Audi. In my hands.. too bricky and snappy under braking, but oh my those corner exits... improved my time.
But frankly, I still prefer to drive Ford GT race car it just suits me better at the moment. I am sure that I can beat my audi pb with it.
Tomorrow I'll do two stints, one with audi and one with ford, and I'll see what comes from it.
1000017355.jpg
1000017357.jpg
1000017356.jpg

Day 3 at Circuit de Barcelona
After 2 hours and over 60 laps, FINALLY a 51...
TT-CatalAMG-almost3.jpg

My hands after look like a rake, cramped and stiff, but...
That's more like it, good position overall, not shameful in the LB (should be).
There's still something left there, not too much as I'm lacking consistency in basically all sectors (especially in 1st and last). Last two corners seem harder for me to nail perfectly.
TT-CatalAMG-almost3-lapchart.jpg

I might come back tomorrow to try again, but let's see how I'll feel then.
Health first.

Hi folks,

I'm feeling a bit better today, so I tried again
Bravo mes amis !!!!👏👏👏👏
but you're starting to get a little too close....🤣🤣🤣
I was wondering too what was going on. Now I know 🙈

...and he's already off into the sunset 😂

190522835af26-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back