Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,616 comments
@Gomario JSP have a good safe vacation. You know I wonder when they are going to start the soccer tournaments in the UK and other countries?

@Dan_Tes you might be able to get a high 1'19.000, I mean you're not really that far away from it. You have so much skill power I really think you could pull it off after a few hours. It's up to you whether you want to improve or not.
Thanks Chris, looking forward to some beach, drinks and some nice people.

For the soccer, I have no clue, if there is one thing I'm not interested in its soccer, I would not even watch the world cup if the Dutch would play 😂😂

As for the timetrial.....man, I see some real times flying in here, now I wonder....do I need to go again? 😂😂

First (proper) go with sf at fuji, don't like the track, don't understand the car yet. Brakes faster with soft touch of brake pedal than with full force in. I know the abs may be the thing here, but the difference is just anything I experienced to date. Gold for me will be as hard to achieve as with rb at RA. And I can't go flat into coca cola.. its either a bollard hit on entry or track limits on the exit... ffs. 1s needed for safe gold at least. Even Schumi's livery is not helpful
1000017619.jpg
1000017618.jpg

I wish you luck at Big Willow :) The German granny is touchy and it's really not easy to nail the 3 sectors to join the "Sub 1:34" club. I guess you'll join this very select club before me.

Ohh and to boost your "fighting spirit" mood, I'm so happy to share this lovely map showing who each country will be supporting in the Euro 2024 final... :sly:

View attachment 1372192
I'm not sure I'll get the chance to go again before this one ends, I was trying to stay committed today to get that 1:33 but it was either the first corner of sector 2 or the final corner that I would mess up.

Everyone on that lovely map of yours is going to be so disappointed after sitting around for 90 minutes just to see England win 🤣

if there is one thing I'm not interested in its soccer
But where do you stand on Football 😉
Happy Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

Well I've just spent the most time on GT7 for months... I've just been doing half an hour a fortnight to get 2 x golds on whatever time trial is up. I've just spent probably 2 hours at Willow. 1:33.390... Best optimum I saw was a 33.1 and I reckon a 33.0 is within reach... but I probably won't get on for a decent stint again now before Thursday. Nice to be back in the top 100 anyway.

Well, Dan saved the day for me. I went to his profile and went to the gallery and discovered his Fuji replay. I watched it 6 times in a row. After about 8 laps, I clocked in a 1'24.370.

I passed 10,000 drivers after this result. I saved the replay. So I have a safe bronze for now.

@MUC76 @Lomic: is there a way to live stream our races?
Absolutely. We can even include party chat audio. (and if we do so, we need everybody to be aware of that, because their voice will be audible by any viewer of the livestream)

Never tried it though.

Last edited:
Live is cool but I'll still be in the car (the real one). I guess a video like on YouTube is another matter? I guess it's just years until i can partake. My driving time is sadly about 5-6 in the morning. That's why no PS+ at the moment. :crazy:

Live is cool but I'll still be in the car (the real one). I guess a video like on YouTube is another matter? I guess it's just years until i can partake. My driving time is sadly about 5-6 in the morning. That's why no PS+ at the moment. :crazy:
All the replays are shared, and you can access them all from the showcase (search "titans"). And I do extracts from time to time that I put in this playlist :

Hola amigos, and happy Bastille day (I've updated my avatar accordingly, just for today) :)

Here are a quick reminder of the 2 most important events of the day:

The first one at 6PM:
The second one at 11PM:

View attachment 1372413
If I wasn't going the cinema tonight I would have been able to join this.... Not the watching the FOOTBALL (@Gomario JSP 😆) as England will win anyway.... But the Titans race.... I will join one at some point 🙂

😂 I could not even see my own name on my leaderboard anymore... what's wrong with everybody??.... easy up dudes 😂

That ment I had to try again at Fuji....yeeejj 🤔
I watched @Dan_Tes his lap and did see a little something I didn't do..... 4th gear exit on T7 🤔😁😁, that did net me a few tenths along the way, but still a combo to fast for me..... getting older 😂

1000022591.jpg

I'm not sure I'll get the chance to go again before this one ends, I was trying to stay committed today to get that 1:33 but it was either the first corner of sector 2 or the final corner that I would mess up.

Everyone on that lovely map of yours is going to be so disappointed after sitting around for 90 minutes just to see England win 🤣

But where do you stand on Football 😉
Happy Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network
😂😂 Same.... I'm just not a sport watching guy, only watch formule 1 😂😂
Well I've just spent the most time on GT7 for months... I've just been doing half an hour a fortnight to get 2 x golds on whatever time trial is up. I've just spent probably 2 hours at Willow. 1:33.390... Best optimum I saw was a 33.1 and I reckon a 33.0 is within reach... but I probably won't get on for a decent stint again now before Thursday. Nice to be back in the top 100 anyway.
Good to see you back mate!
You have been absent for a while indeed!,

😂 I could not even see my own name on my leaderboard anymore... what's wrong with everybody??.... easy up dudes 😂

That ment I had to try again at Fuji....yeeejj 🤔
I watched @Dan_Tes his lap and did see a little something I didn't do..... 4th gear exit on T7 🤔😁😁, that did net me a few tenths along the way, but still a combo to fast for me..... getting older 😂

View attachment 1372429

😂😂 Same.... I'm just not a sport watching guy, only watch formule 1 😂😂

Good to see you back mate!
You have been absent for a while indeed!,
That's more like it.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post this here:
As you are the guys i know best and are crazy fast, you could maybe help me out with my question about learning to tune:
If not, i whish you a great week, as I'm now heading out. This morning i couldn't try again but i think gold at Willows and silver at Fuji should hold. I don't know when im back but surely not before next Thursday's new TT.

Upcomming straight was realy on edge there mate!, delight to watch like always, master at work.

Skip Willow...., it's ok.... nothing to see there, we forgive you 😂

Epic mate,
🤣🤣🤣 despite your polite request, I did have a go at Willow last night after a few Old Fashioneds… with sexy results!!

IMG_7721.jpeg

Meme Reaction GIF

Big game for England tonight! Seems the whole world wants Spain to win, god those salty salty tears will taste sweet if they don’t 😜

Win win for me as if we lose I’ll have that beautiful beautiful feeling of choking at the death, it’s old, familiar and soul destroying and I love it…. 🤡

And for those who don’t know, I’m Dutch by birth and spend a lot of time living and working abroad.. I am barely English but as an adopted country it has been very good to me; so tonight I will wear my shirt with pride 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

May the best team win 😎

🤣🤣🤣 despite your polite request, I did have a go at Willow last night after a few Old Fashioneds… with sexy results!!

View attachment 1372438

Meme Reaction GIF

Big game for England tonight! Seems the whole world wants Spain to win, god those salty salty tears will taste sweet if they don’t 😜

Win win for me as if we lose I’ll have that beautiful beautiful feeling of choking at the death, it’s old, familiar and soul destroying and I love it…. 🤡

And for those who don’t know, I’m Dutch by birth and spend a lot of time living and working abroad.. I am barely English but as an adopted country it has been very good to me; so tonight I will wear my shirt with pride 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

May the best team win 😎
Wow, that was a wicked photo, how'd you get the car like that while you took the shot? I wonder if someone will record the sporting events on Youtube because we do not have cable, just $60 internet a month, we have the highest speed there is.

Wow, that was a wicked photo, how'd you get the car like that while you took the shot? I wonder if someone will record the sporting events on Youtube because we do not have cable, just $60 internet a month, we have the highest speed there is.
Hi Chris

I got a trifle out of shape just before Monroe Ridge and kept my foot in….

With sexy results!! 🚀 🤭

Lol, well I've got limited time at Big Willow, my week is going to be busy as I have a doctor appointment Thursday, so I will have to curb my time on the Playstation.
Sunday advice for free: spend less time to take pictures, less time to drift, and more time to practice, Chris :)
1720954373778.png

Good luck with the doctor appointment (health is far more important than anything else).
@Pesselles cool new avatar, what is the symbol/picture?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain
@ScottPuss20 I may be done with Big Willow soon, it depends on what lap times I get during these last few runs.
You're right but don't push too hard, you could be tired :sly:

Allright, I better get to work at B.W.
No more goofing off, I do feel that music helps the mind and soul. It's a good tool for time trialing. Now I don't mean heavy metal/rock. I mean other types like jazz, country and techno.

B.W. stands for Big Willow.

Last edited:
Well I didn't pay attention that well in History/Social Studies. I goofed off a lot during school and played video games for 7-8 hours a day and put off my homework. xD

But gt7 and the TT's have taken over me. I have an addiction problem.

Well I didn't pay attention that well in History/Social Studies. I goofed off a lot during school and played video games for 7-8 hours a day and put off my homework. xD

But gt7 and the TT's have taken over me. I have an addiction problem.
It was certainly interesting learning about Spain in History class. Such a shame the country doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:
Back