Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,666 comments
I took @MUC76's advice and changed from my 'ugly' Martini livery and I got P300 ๐Ÿ˜
This is a very nice drive. I will spend some more time here.

190bc748af730-screenshotUrl.jpg

zjn
Hey @Gomario JSP , may I ask you a question? I may give you a gread advice in exchange ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I think that you are aiming to the white line or the last yellow-thing just before the white line for your apex at the last turn
View attachment 1372994

How do you prepare for it? It's kind of blind given the street slope. I'm searching for the white line, but most of the times it suddenly summons so that I'm reacting for it, more than preparing to it.

Also, I see here you are already 70% open, which I'm not, given the sentece before. So, what is the accelleration marker here?

Now to my advice for you: did you realize that you may be loosing a 0.6s just because you still stick the Red Bull? But maybe you are okay with it because rightly it is the driver who makes the difference.

I was given a Layton House. I still wonder why.... ๐Ÿ˜
Hi there mate,

Ofcourse! Anything to help!

What I intent to try for this corner, and believe me when I say I do stuff this one up a lot....

I try to be somewhere around the middle of the track before brake hard for a short time and drop to second gear around the little piece of tarmac on the right,

1000022776.jpg

That means that after I drop to second gear I can coast and rotate a bit until I am near the apex ( it feels when I narrow the entry more towards the apex I have more oversteer of the exit somehow?.....) so im kind of missing the apex on purpose here.

Then key for me was hitting 3th on/near the apex and indeed hold like 50% throttle for a short while until you know you can throttle all the way up, I personally use the white arched Bridgestone sign, but if your line is slightly of that doesn't work anymore ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I also don't use the yellow sign, didn't even know it was there, I think I am more focused on the right on getting the car rotated

But it's still a very odd corner ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ

If I only new the Red Bull was showing me down so much.... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@Dan_Tes ........ I don't approve your post ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜‚, well played mate....inevitable ๐Ÿ˜‚
I hope it has cost you lots of Faustino and sweat ๐Ÿ˜‚

Just saw this now.. Got kicked out of the Top 200 at Willow. Bye Bye beautiful gold trophy in our TT List ๐Ÿคง Thank god silver looks better on me anyway ๐Ÿ˜‚

Tried a couple of times in the past days to improve but i overachieved so hard here that it is just impossible ๐Ÿ˜‚

darn.png

Last edited:
Hi,

@Metalgear9493...

I am not about to record myself playing GT7. Nor will I ever! Why? Because - and I quote my dear wife verbatim here. She has seen the video...

"When you do that, it looks like you are on the deck of a fishing vessel in a storm. You are also pulling a face like a Bulldog licking **** of a thistle"

I do get quite animated when I am on a "quick one". Ohhh... Wait... Maybe that is where I am going wrong? :)

Awesome lap. A pleasure to watch. Thank you.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Man, I've got to keep pushing as long as I can, less than five hundredths of a second away from passing the gold zone. Anybody got a replay that clocked anywhere between 1'35.000-1'35.250? If not, that's okay. I watched @Dan_Tes 's replay and his car went in the sand some but did not get a penalty, that's how he got up to 133-135mph when taking that turn.

@Ian JB hello, what was your Big Willow time? I know you use a wheel, right?

I've got to keep pushing as long as I can,
No, you don't. As a lot of people here stated before. Take breaks, get some air, don't overpush, overdrive and don't set bar too high. I started from being content with bronze. Then pushed a little bit and practiced and actualy listened to all the advices that are put in this thread daily and tried to apply them. Don't try to forcefully change your drivestyle to adapt to someone elses one unless you are comfortable with it (we have some fast AT pad users here). Apply all advices to your style, find your flow, when you hit brick wall then maybe eventualy try SMALL changes. Everything comes with practice. BE CONSISTENT then try to find errors and correct them. Trying to change everything at one moment will drive you nowhere. That's first and last time I'm telling you this. The farther in frustration by fail you go the worse your times and your mood will be . Find your flow and try to improve by little increments. WHEN FRUSTRATED TAKE A BRAKE DON'T THROW THINGS (LIKE CONTROLLER) AROUND. Come back with fresh mind and approach.

That said..

Back to my adventures at fuji. Yesterday's session ended prematurely because I felt slight frustration from a little sneaky bollard, that I plan to drive over more times on purpose after this... Today was not better, but did manage to put bunch of laps without restarts (23?) . Still didn't manage to get gold time, invalidated more laps then I would like to. Tomorrow will propably be my last stint here (unless weekend will bless me with a lot more time and easy new tt). Gonna try a rental, heard they are faster ;)
Tried couple of laps with tcs1 ๐Ÿ’ฉ
1000017675.jpg

Last edited:
Some hot competition going on as always:bowdown::gtpflag:Epic lapsโ€ฆgood times.

Third try for myself for the willow and finally put together a decent lap. Happy with it as I donโ€™t see myself improve it dramatically from here. Yeah I know my skill limitiations well:D Hope it holds on to top 100. If it does, it will be my 3rd top 100 which will be an epic achievement for me. Keep on rolling boys (and girls)

IMG_6248.jpeg

Some hot competition going on as always:bowdown::gtpflag:Epic lapsโ€ฆgood times.

Third try for myself for the willow and finally put together a decent lap. Happy with it as I donโ€™t see myself improve it dramatically from here. Yeah I know my skill limitiations well:D Hope it holds on to top 100. If it does, it will be my 3rd top 100 which will be an epic achievement for me. Keep on rolling boys (and girls)

View attachment 1373036

Man I thought I was solid in the top 100 before I left. A few of you are charging hard for me... Nice work man.

View attachment 1373036
Wow man, you blew Big Willow to shreds with your time, I may be overdoing it too, honestly I really want to stop, my time is 1'35.926. I know my limits everyday and I have to conserve my energy.

@krazislaw well, I think I've reached my limit at Big Willow, I'll try one more time, if I can't improve my PB and sector times, then I quit.

Last edited:
Ahhh man, Metal Gear is gonna be so dissappointed. I saw it coming though, he didn't have a large enough gap ahead of Jeddah. So....
Idk how he races like that, that would be uncomfortable for me.

Last edited:
Hi there mate,

Ofcourse! Anything to help!

What I intent to try for this corner, and believe me when I say I do stuff this one up a lot....

I try to be somewhere around the middle of the track before brake hard for a short time and drop to second gear around the little piece of tarmac on the right,

View attachment 1372996

That means that after I drop to second gear I can coast and rotate a bit until I am near the apex ( it feels when I narrow the entry more towards the apex I have more oversteer of the exit somehow?.....) so im kind of missing the apex on purpose here.

Then key for me was hitting 3th on/near the apex and indeed hold like 50% throttle for a short while until you know you can throttle all the way up, I personally use the white arched Bridgestone sign, but if your line is slightly of that doesn't work anymore ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I also don't use the yellow sign, didn't even know it was there, I think I am more focused on the right on getting the car rotated

But it's still a very odd corner ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ

If I only new the Red Bull was showing me down so much.... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@Dan_Tes ........ I don't approve your post ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜‚, well played mate....inevitable ๐Ÿ˜‚
I hope it has cost you lots of Faustino and sweat ๐Ÿ˜‚
Thanks for sharing,
Those are great details.
There are lot of things to manage in very short time, but that turn really bothers no matter the car, so even if I may not be able to perfect it with sf23, for sure they will help me in the long run

10 more laps at Big Willow, this time following @Metalgear9493's ghost (sorry @Pesselles you are too slow ๐Ÿ˜ )

And as suspected yesterday, I got gold pretty "easily" (lap 1 was already a 1:35.354, close)
190bd267f5765-screenshotUrl.jpg

I surely can do better but not sure I'll insist much, I have long days at the moment so I need something relaxing more than a sometimes really frustrating TT.

42 laps total (and a few failed 1st laps where I restarted)

But the result I am most happy about is that I am (for now) 4210th in the world, my best placement ever and first time in top 5000.

Hip Hop Happy Dance GIF

Last edited:
Don't worry MetalGear! I doubt that Jeddah will bother to beat your time.

Ahhh man, Metal Gear is gonna be so dissappointed. I saw it coming though, he didn't have a large enough gap ahead of Jeddah.

Never change, Chris.

Back into gold for me but I'm not telling you cyborg aliens by how much. Actually, I am flattering myself to think anyone out there cares to push me out. Pretty sure I am safe at this point, but I ain't going back regardless. For a slidey antique of a car, the Merc actually drives pretty good. The track, however... I think our military should turn the whole area into glass. Fight me, @sturk0167 :lol:

Back