Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,853 comments
Welp, I'm back from vacation and feel like I lost all my muscle memory for this game... athough there was much seat time on some pretty amazing roads in a wonderful little 6-MT GTI!

View attachment 1374696
As an ex-MK7 GTI (6 speed) owner, I approved this message.

And I would've join you as a Golf variant brother if the dealer would take my money for the Golf R. All dealers arround me (100 miles radius) wants 5k over MSRP, and the one I visited 2 weeks ago wanted 2k over. They wouldn't take my money when I told them I would buy the car off their lot right there right then at MSRP 😭

Ahh well....ended up ordering a MX-5 Miata 2 days ago ❤️

Last edited:
Well it's official...I actually hate the LFA. I thought I was starting to get a grip on it the other night when I set my current PB but nope, it's dogcrap. lol. I hate the way it handles. It's like there's a spring right in the middle of the car and everything is about managing how the weight transfers around that one middle spring. Like trying to drive a weeble. It'll be silver for me at Sardegna, and hopefully silver at Fuji too although that's not nearly as locked down...

Last edited:
Finally had some time to put into the TT. The optimal would be nice but ain’t happening!
IMG_2915.jpeg
IMG_2916.jpeg

As an ex GTi 16S Oettinger owner, (several decades ago), I also approved those messages ♥ (image from the web)

1721740598547.png

And I would've join you as a Golf variant brother if the dealer would take my money for the Golf R. All dealers arround me (100 miles radius) wants 5k over MSRP, and the one I visited 2 weeks ago wanted 2k over. They wouldn't take my money when I told them I would buy the car off their lot right there right then at MSRP 😭

I'm not surprized for this excellent choice after your brilliant victory at Deep Forest last sunday...

Bienvenue et bonnes vacances (happy holidays) :)
Merci Peselles, maintement a Langres pour le nuit, demain on depart a le grau du roi 😁

So this is my first day off the time trial, Sardegna is still in my mind muscle memory.... but had to take a step back, not realy the place to find tenths on the highway 🤣🤣🤣

Very curious what car they are going to choose for your next TT, I know im probably very jaleouse 🤣🤣

Time to say "sayonara" to Fuji. My goal was a sub-22 lap time and despite many, many red laps it felt good and possible. Finally I even reached gold territory with a margin of 0,003 seconds!!! I don't think that this will stay golden and again I couldn't catch up with @KAlex122 (or however this nice guy is called at the moment). But I did finish with a personal best lap time that is my optimum at the same time. 😲
190e072826472-screenshotUrl.jpg

Now please bring the Eiger Nordwand!

I wonder how the time trials will reset come Thursday? I already heard about how it's likely that both expire on Thursday due to the new physics update, but what I'm curious about is whether we'll get two new time trials, or just one that last two weeks, with a second one re-joining it on the Thursday after? The latter would make sense for if PD wanted us to keep the format of having one time trial being staggered one week.

Last edited:

The R is on my short list of potential next vehicles, but dealer markups are the devil. The RS3, Civic R, Integra Type-S, Corolla GR and a bunch of other great cars are being undermined by the greed of dealerships that do nothing to help you. Like you, I simply won't give in to their nonsense.

You pivoted pretty well though! Did you get a new ND3 MX-5? I've been hearing nothing but good things about them.

OK, first of all, it's a good lap. However it can be better. First thing I notice is you are coasting way too much, that will say, you are not pressing brake nor gas, car just coast. In your video, I am now talking seconds in video, not actual lap time second, YouTube second, watch the video from second 39 to seconds 44, please watch it on YouTube with 0.25x speed so it's easy to see, within those five seconds, almost three seconds are coasting, and losing time, which can be improved in following way so you are not losing so much time cornering. So, right now, you brake full power, hold brakes and then release, you coast three seconds and then start accelerating. Change it to, full brake power for about a second, releasing brakes to 50% power and holding it like that for about a second, gradually releasing brakes until you reach apex, target, zero braking at apex, but keep in mind that you need to hold that brake until apex, why, braking helps car to rotate into corner, the more car rotated is, the earlier you can press acceleration pedal. So after apex, try to go on power as early as you can hold the car, that's earlier than you do in the video, but not full power, gently first 50% for short moment, half a second, then full gas. (Turn on counter steer to strong if needed).

You are repeating your way of driving through every corner, try my advice and I am sure you will get gold.
(If you remember, few days ago I posted video lap comparison Jeddah vs Holl01 Willow Springs, if you read my comments how Jeddah won sector 2 and how Holl01 won sector 3 it's the same technique, they rotated car at very corner in order to be able to go on gas as soon as possible, that's THE View attachment 1374737summary of video analysis)
So try to rotate car into corner the way how I described above and accelerate out of corner early and you will be having 🥇
Best of luck 🤞 you got this 👽

Thank you for this tips!
I'll try to do something with that corner.

I wonder how the time trials will reset come Thursday? I already heard about how it's likely that both expire on Thursday due to the new physics update, but what I'm curious about is whether we'll get two new time trials, or just one that last two weeks, with a second one re-joining it on the Thursday after? The latter would make sense for if PD wanted us to keep the format of having one time trial being staggered one week.
I think we will get 2 TT's. Maybe one of them just for 1 week. 🤔
Or we get a 3rd one next week and when the 2 TT's end we get one new, than it would be back to normal aswell. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not asking for anymore help here, I feel insulted because of my autism. I'm trusting Tidgney's guides and walkthroughs. He uses automatic gears too.
And people have tried to help you, and whenever you said you'd figure things out on your own, you asked for help regardless.

Asking for help is not a weakness, though, but will be if it's constant.

Still, I think it's quite disrespectful to say you're insulted. They literally tried to help, but the fact is you need a lot of practice.

Last edited:
Well I was expressing my opinion, that's all.
But you basically said the same earlier...

You're more than welcome to trust Tidgney's guides, they are in video form and usually in meticulous detail...but you should also take your own advice and do a bit of self-examination.
Yeah I need 20 times more practice.
As long as you break the playtime down over multiple days...remember to take breaks and do something else as well.

Last edited:
In order not to lose interest in the TTs (that's why the post is not off topic 😉), I did daylies B and C this week.

The crazy game has upgraded my bumbling driving to DR B. What a misjudgement! 🫣
1000015133.jpg

This must be a bug. It will probably be fixed with the update on Thursday. 😅

Hi,

I have only been away for a few days to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Durham and Whitby - Delightful! This thread moves along like quicksilver.

Strapped myself in for a slide around Sardegna. Managed to scrape a gold by the skin of my teeth. (1:47:5xx)
0:04 inside gold is not going to hold. Another session tomorrow night should see some slight improvement, as I am starting to understand the car and the tyre combo.
I would love to gold this one as I am only around 5/10ths behind a certain Mr E. 😳

Pulled the trigger on a profile monitor holder too, as a treat to myself. Won't make me any quicker but it will make it all look cooler.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

The R is on my short list of potential next vehicles, but dealer markups are the devil. The RS3, Civic R, Integra Type-S, Corolla GR and a bunch of other great cars are being undermined by the greed of dealerships that do nothing to help you. Like you, I simply won't give in to their nonsense.

You pivoted pretty well though! Did you get a new ND3 MX-5? I've been hearing nothing but good things about them.
Yeah....with the Civic Type R, dealers want 10 to 15k over MSRP. I was like, if I'm spending 60k on car, it will not be a Civic....I don't care if it is type-God.

ND3 it is, club, 6 speeds and with the BBS/Brembo package. My GTI was tuned (320hp) so I was just getting the R for the AWD....but while the ND3 will lack some power, I will be rewarded with pure handling joy. Plus...no dealer markup....actually one dealer wanted to charge me 5k over unless I buy one off their lot (automatic...ewwww...and they had 2 of them). I told them to get lost and went to another one who took my deposit and ordered one for me at MSRP.

Hi,

I have only been away for a few days to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Durham and Whitby - Delightful! This thread moves along like quicksilver.

Strapped myself in for a slide around Sardegna. Managed to scrape a gold by the skin of my teeth. (1:47:5xx)
0:04 inside gold is not going to hold. Another session tomorrow night should see some slight improvement, as I am starting to understand the car and the tyre combo.
I would love to gold this one as I am only around 5/10ths behind a certain Mr E. 😳

Pulled the trigger on a profile monitor holder too, as a treat to myself. Won't make me any quicker but it will make it all look cooler.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.
Welcome back, hope you had a good safe anniversary. Well just do the best you can out there, gold is not a requirement everytime, nor is a silver. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. I'm gonna get me a bicycle and start doing my own riding and laps around the park. It would get my mind of focusing on getting silver/gold in every time trial.

Spent a couple hours this morning in Sardegna, found the flow of the track, and kind of got what the car wanted. The LFA does reward some initial turn-in looseness, which is nice, but the first "chicane" (turns 5 and 6?) are my Achilles heel here. Very hard to maximize the track width and nail a 3rd gear exit.

thumbnail_IMG_3361.jpg

cf629cbdf4bd758eafbdc16e1463b01a_photo.jpg

Eventually started to get frustrated and stop improving, so I think I'm going to leave it at that. If I hold a position under 500 that should be my PB for TTs. Maybe I didn't lose as much skill as I thought!

Well I was expressing my opinion, that's all. I mean anyone on here can say how they feel. Yeah I need 20 times more practice.
You are fully allowed to express your opinion, but when you say you feel "insulted" the people trying to help you may see that as a dig at them. If you really do play as much as you say you do, which is a LOT, maybe it's best to do like TumeK5 suggests and take a break from it for a little while, or limit your play time for each day. I can only ever really play 2-3 hrs before fatigue gets the best of me and I start performing worse, so I go and do other things.

This may also be a chance to look into the aspects of the way your specific spectrum expression effects the way you learn and apply yourself. There may be a way to approach GT7 that is a little different than you're doing now, or different from the way we're trying to assist you. I'm not saying this to be rude in any way, but with the amount of assistance that you've received here along with the amount of time you play the game, there should be some tangible results that just aren't coming yet.

The last thing you need is to feel discouraged, upset, or down about playing this game. If it isn't fun then there really is no point in playing in that moment. You also shouldn't fall into the trap of comparing yourself to some other drivers here, because some of the fastest players in the world are in here! This famous quote from Theodore Roosevelt is a helpful one: "Comparison is the thief of joy".

In the end, we're all still here for you, and we hope that you enjoy yourself as much as possible.

Last edited:
Spent a couple hours this morning in Sardegna, found the flow of the track, and kind of got what the car wanted. The LFA does reward some initial turn-in looseness, which is nice, but the first "chicane" (turns 5 and 6?) are my Achilles heel here. Very hard to maximize the track width and nail a 3rd gear exit.

View attachment 1374807

View attachment 1374818

Eventually started to get frustrated and stop improving, so I think I'm going to leave it at that.

You are fully allowed to express your opinion, but when you say you feel "insulted" the people trying to help you may see that as a dig at them. If you really do play as much as you say you do, which is a LOT, maybe it's best to do like TumeK5 suggests and take a break from it for a little while, or limit your play time for each day. I can only ever really play 2-3 hrs before fatigue gets the best of me and I start performing worse, so I go and do other things.

This may also be a chance to look into the aspects of the way your specific spectrum expression effects the way you learn and apply yourself. There may be a way to approach GT7 that is a little different than you're doing now, or different from the way we're trying to assist you. I'm not saying this to be rude in any way, but with the amount of assistance that you've received here along with the amount of time you play the game, there should be some tangible results that just aren't coming yet.

The last thing you need is to feel discouraged, upset, or down about playing this game. If it isn't fun then there really is no point in playing in that moment. You also shouldn't fall into the trap of comparing yourself to some other drivers here, because some of the fastest players in the world are in here! This famous quote from Theodore Roosevelt is a helpful one: "Comparison is the thief of joy".

In the end, we're all still here for you, and we hope that you enjoy yourself as much as possible.
Thank you for saying all that, now I feel better. Everyone disregard what I said. I don't feel insulted. I was just venting. But anyways let's get back on topic with the hot lapping. I see you had a fantastic run there, and you're 400th! I am thinking of new hobbies to enjoy myself even more and escape the stress of time trialing. And yes I have curbed my time some and I feel 90% better.

I do respect and admire all the strong/fast drivers who post on this forum daily and I try to learn and study their laps and ghosts/replays.

Last edited:
Back