Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,627 comments
Well I'm doing good so far, 1'04.952. But honestly can I really make it gold since all the other crazy aliens are nuking the times which is making the gold and silver times drop even more rapidly. Can I keep up with the crowd? Maybe so, maybe not. I guess I'll play it by ear, but I know the RBR Short track should be an easy challenge for me to pick up an extra 2M credits.

@Gomario JSP

@Steer what is your time there, and what is your goal for RA? I'm no having any hopes that I'll reach gold due to the high volume of drivers bashing the records left and right.

@crome lol, I saw that picture you posted, woth the green X2019 Competiton, how did you rotate it like that?

@Pesselles I'm not attacking the RA time trial, I may have to wave the white flag soon and just call it quits, worst case scenario I'll get 500,000k for bronze.

@KAlex122 what are your button setups for MT, I may have switch some things this weekend.

I'm going nuts :banghead:

1905e63464c39-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Steer what is your time there, and what is your goal for RA? I'm no having any hopes that I'll reach gold due to the high volume of drivers bashing the records left and right.
I have not set a representative time yet.
If Tidgney can only just squeeze into Gold using a controller, then it will be very difficult for me to Gold this one. Silver might be as good as it gets. But having said that I have only done about 5 or 6 laps so far, and I have at least done a few other events at this track recently - albeit in slower cars, so with practice who knows? It certainly looks to be a bigger challenge than many other recent TTs.

Last edited:
My gold time at Spa is holding on by a thread but then again I've only managed to put in maybe 10-12 laps last Saturday with the RCZ. With the long weekend coming up in Canada, I can't wait to get back into it. I love Spa. It is by far my favorite track and my goal for this TT is to at least get into the 2.19s and if it within reach, maybe a high 2.18s but that might be beyond my skills for now so we'll see.

Damn, I need 500 times the practice to even get in the silver range in all three of the TT's. My stats below:

1719580740539.png

See almost 50 bronze and I'm sure after one of these TT's close, I'll be at 50 bronze. See, I lost about 5 years of experince. I sold my ps3 back in Summer 2014, cause we were running low on money and we had to purchase some groceries, so I took my console to the pawn shop.

Gt5 was my training for the MT, trail braking and other tricks of the driving simulator. That's gone now. Now I need to piece together what I remember the best ways I learned being a fast driver in the gt5 era. My grandparents are greedy and narcissistic. Anyway I'm not gonna get engaged in that drama. I'm doing better but it took me three years, since my return with GT sport in May 2021.

So, where did you guys begin with training for your first GT game? And what TT's did you enjoy from gt7?

Ok - 1st proper attempt at RA. The car is simply too fast for the small and tight track for this TT to be enjoyable at all. It's like trying to cage a wild animal. It would be much more at home around a fast sweeping circuit -Le Mans or maybe Daytona. Silver seems like a challenge.
I did a bunch of laps last night and felt mostly like a ping pong ball bouncing around the track...and I'm still nearly 2 seconds off silver. Ugh.

Last edited:
I really don't know how to get my groove back. I used to gold all the licenses back when I played gt3 through gt5. I even golded all the GT sport CE's, missions and license tests. Now, gt7 is a different story. So are the online time trials. What to do?

What To Do Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Greetings! Had to do these two very quickly in a day before leaving for holiday. With that in mind, decently satisfied but bit of a shame with the timing as I enjoyed the pair of TT's and could've pushed the time down more! Especially with the latter, being open choice. Oh well, it happens.

1903dd8dad262-screenshotUrl.png
20970798716737487.jpg
1905e7fcce134-screenshotUrl.png
20970172237472887.jpg

Anyway, had five enjoyable days in Budapest, now in southern Italy for a while, not back until the 10th of July, which is a little gnarly with an additional extra TT added (one being a lame copy, the X2019 at Road Atlanta) and those two ending on the 11th. Got the GT7 disc with me though and the possibility to borrow a friend's PS5, just in case. :D

Take care, remember to relax and enjoy the sun. ;):cheers:

Last edited:
Greetings! Had to do these two very quickly in a day before leaving for holiday. With that in mind, decently satisfied but bit of a shame with the timing as I enjoyed the pair of TT's and could've pushed the time down more! Especially with the latter, being open choice. Oh well, it happens.

View attachment 1368376View attachment 1368377

Anyway, had five enjoyable days in Budapest, now in southern Italy for a while, not back until the 10th of July, which is a little gnarly with an additional extra TT added (one being a lame copy, the X2019 at Road Atlanta) and those two ending on the 11th. Got the GT7 disc with me though and the possibility to borrow a friend's PS5, just in case. :D

Take care, remember to relax and enjoy the sun. ;):cheers:

Congratulations on your time, and I posted the first like! I wish I could get my groove and rhythm back like I used to in gt5 way back then. The AMG trial was a difficult one for me, I didn't even reach silver.

MY TIME: 1'54.847

Last edited:
Ok guys, the situation is serious: this night, I've lost my gold on RBR :irked: (Jeddah, go and clean your room, naughty boy!!!)

So, I've jumped in my old M3 to get my reward back. And after tens of laps, I've improved my previous PB (1:00.391):

1719583288528.png

Trust me, it's very hard to score just over the gold limit!! Like @crome said: Pure (lack of) skill, man! :)
Despite 30 mns of hard work, I'm still not able to score 2 excellent sectors in the same lap.
For now.

Finally, I've scored in yellow for the second time of the TT:

1719583609993.png

Sector 1: 26.316 - As I've already scored under 26.1xx, I can improve my PB here by 0.3 or more.

Sector 2: 33.993 - Possibly one of my best S2 so far. But I should be faster to join the "Sub Minute" Club.

I know by experience that 1:00.309 is still not a safe score, and my objective is still to go sub 1.00.

ATTACKE!!!

Last edited:
Still a week's left! With the heatwave easing up (at least in the UK) and depending on what the next TT is, I think there is more to come from all of us :)

Great lap you have there! Now let's see if I have the chance to jump into the Renault too.

That aside, flew back to Catalunya for one last time last evening in attempt to get back into Top 100 on the Global Leaderboard. After another 150 miles I think I managed just that. Fingercrossed it will hold for another couple of hours - can this really be my first Top 100?

View attachment 1367995
View attachment 1367996
View attachment 1367997
View attachment 1367998
Hah. Been reading some of the posts I missed while I was away and just saw this one and that we apparently chose the exact same livery. Been appreciating your sense of nice visuals in your photos/videos and clearly we're on the same page as far as that goes. ;)

Back