Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,667 comments
I'd sell a kid for a pristine E30M3.
:lol:

19064e782e08-screenshotUrl.jpg

Woosh. No kids were sold in the shaving of these two tenths!

I really shouldn't have touch this 🤧

View attachment 1368666
I won't. I am too old for these velocities (and was never young enough 😉)
De Bruin (alone) at Le Mans was already a kind of landmark. But as here the whole champions clique seems to battle each other(de Bruin vs Gallo and Miyazono already sneaking by), it would be a torture. 🤔

it IS torture 😂

With pad it's totally nuts. Since I don't have a wheel I can't say for sure but I think it's "easier" with a wheel 🤔
In a way it is not. Turn 3 is absolute nightmare. The time it takes to yank the wheel from left to right is long enough for you to overshot the turn-in. Try earlier and you hit the bump and launch the car.

I've felt particularly slow lately. I haven't had time to put in and every time I do play it's just to get a time, not because I have time to enjoy it. This M3 is absolutely my jam. The harder you push, the more you can find, but it's such a gentle push. Beautiful cars, these things were. Just raw connection.

I really hope my time keeps me in the top 100. That would be super fulfilling for me.

So, what I'm saying is, lay off, gents! You people are seriously ridiculously quick and impressive. The lot of you. 🍻🍻🍻🍻

@Barareklam what are your button configuration settings for using a manual? Mine are not working out,

L2/R2: shift gears up and down

X button: accelerate
Square button: Brake

I have been using this combo ever since I started back playing GT games in Summer 2021. I have to make a drastic change though if I want to improve my times.

@MUC76 I only wear sandals in the summertime!
I use the same configuration as well since first PSX GT.

I tried to use L2 and R2 as brake/gas but I can't get used to it.I normally get gold if I put some effort but it's much harder than if the controls were analog.

The control with our setup was perfect on the PS2 but Sony or PD are a bunch of morons that removed the analog buttons.

Last edited:
I use the same configuration as well since first PSX GT.

I tried to use L2 and R2 as brake/gas but I can't get used to it.I normally get gold if I put some effort but it's much harder than if the controls were analog.

The control with our setup was perfect on the PS2 but Sony or PD are a bunch of morons that removed the analog buttons.
Respect earning golds with the buttons. I used them for 20 years but when i first tried a modern racing game (Forza6 on PC) with analogue shoulder buttons i hated it. It took me about 3 days to see how much better it was.

But: Analog buttons like the old ones would still be not even close to analog triggers in it's sensitivity.

Unbelievable that finessed physics like GT7 are even controllable with buttons.

@Barareklam what steering settings did you use for this one, I had 10-9-10 but it feels strange mid turn in the last 2 corners.

🖖 👽 👮‍♀️Alert fellow humans!!!

There has been a recent influx in reported UFO sightings lately. If you spot anything unusual about your fellow leaderboard "friends", i.e. sudden top 100 placements or other unexplained time bending capabilities, please don't hesitate to contact the local authorities.
And who is the authority.... GT Planet 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Wa-wa-wee-wa... this RB19 TT is kicking my butt in a good way.

The margins are just sooo small here. Early on I wasn't flowing at all and didn't know where I was going to find time. This is true for me in a lot of TTs, but this one tightens everything up to where the right line and a good pace still isn't enough to serve up gold, everything needs to be damn near perfect to even be in the ballpark.

I put in about another 50 laps this morning and finally got into the gold range. I was consistently in the high 1:00-1:01 range but finding those tenths is TOUGH. I finally found a flow state where entering turn one wasn't a guess and the next chicane didn't send me into the Barrys. A lot of my time has been found in slowing down and adjusting braking points back to maximize exit speed and momentum. I still don't think I have it in me to eat as many curbs as the aliens do though. They're full right two tires in the grass entering into turn 5... I'm not brave enough to dip tires in this thing!

IMG_3207.jpg

I know 59's are in me by my optimals, but it's not going to be easy.

As surprising as how stiff the competition is here is how many GTP peeps are so fast in this one! I don't think anyone has it easy regardless of aids or setup. I don't envy the guys on controller having to be so precise on their inputs, but I'm also sweating my buns off in VR with the wheel... it should be good for toning the upper body but it's a lot of work! Haha.

Still excited for this TT, so I'll be back in here trimming the time again soon. As always, happy lapping, and for Christ's sake, lets not bring down the top time at RA any more. Everyone just focus on the E30 M3, haha.

I'm already regretting attempting RA. As expected, it's a struggle. I was actually on pace for a sub 1:01 on my fast lap, but my final chicane was horrendous. And of course, the following lap I was 2 tenths faster through the final sector, but I was just as far off in sectors 1 and 2, so it was a wash.
IMG_3303.jpg

I am also confused on something. Last time in this combo we were on racing mediums as opposed to softs in this TT. And yet if you look at the results of TT13 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ity-leader-boards.424113/page-2#post-14146710 - the times were lower on mediums. Granted it's early days, but will the top time REALLY drop over 6 tenths by the end? Over half a second slower in a sub 1 minute lap is very odd. What gives? :confused:

snc

Thank you for taking the time and effort making these guides. The slow motion helps especially in this quick-paced combo - T2-4 makes so much more sense to me now :) Still struggling a bit to reach gold, but lost a good tenth while trying to apply what I've learned from the vid.

20240630_010140.jpg

Almost had it in the bag and went too wide after The Esses exiting T5 :banghead:
20240630_010036.jpg

I'd sell a my kidney for a pristine E30M3.
Fixed that for you ;)

Last edited:
View attachment 1368684

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on the forums. I still attack the Time Trials. :) This TT on controller is wild with the last 2 corners for me. I’m Still pushing for a faster time. I see very fast times in here. :cheers:
Welcome back to the TT club. Have you seen the brutal RA time trial, the aliens and pros are nuking the gold times, it keeps dropping. Not many people have reached gold here. So, how have you been doing irl? I'm saving up to buy a new car irl. Well my mom drives it mostly. Every once in a while my Grandpa will take control of the wheel.

I took a 5 hour nap and I just woke up. I've been sticking with my original button configuration for the MT. I'm afraid if I change it, I'll lose momentum and get confused, I have a tendency to forget certain things.

@Fury cool, you owned a PSX?

Last edited:
You know what, I might as well try my best to get a silver time for RA, I'm almost in the 1'03.000's. I'll tell you my exact time later tonight. I wonder how I would even manage the MT with the Competition 2019. It has a high amount of downforce which if you go too fast, you may risk going in the grass or hitting the wall.
I've got to take some trash outside, so I'll be back in a little while.

Does anyone have a good MT replay for Spa, I know I can reach the mid 2'22.000's. My mind is telling me that I can.

Last edited:
Back