Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 28,161 comments
IMG_1372.jpeg

In the 59s after some good mileage today. Fun combo I find it! :D Now on to Willow Springs lol
IMG_1373.jpeg

Not my livery design btw 🇺🇸

Last edited:
@Ed_Night do you own a wheel? I was wondering how you break those hot records. I'd like to get to your level in the future. But that would probably be 4 to 5 years from now.

It takes a ton of work earning a gold time with a controller. Hey I'll be 33 in September, so I'm not far from your age.
As @Gomario JSP already answered, yeah I'm on controller. 😉
I'll crush the dream Chris, Ed is on controller...
You can practice for 5 years Chris but you'll not going to catch him mate, sometimes people are just faster, I won't catch the dude either ...
You're still getting faster mate, so we will see what the future brings. Keep pushing you're doing very well. 🍻

Every night this week I pray that the Old Ones remain dormant so the RA top time wouldn't move any lower.
With my current 1:00.737 I'm just 0.19% tipped into gold territory.
I had several more sessions there at the beginning of the week but couldn't get a single non-red lap below 1:01 anymore. Driving x2019 just feels like ice skating with two rockets tied to your feet - you can get around very fast if you're lucky, you'll lose your legs if you are not.
T3 and T5 are still mystery to me. Getting a good exit after T7 in 3rd gear (with TC1) is non-reliable, 4th makes you lose time.
Very frustrating.

RBRS feels so much controllable and tangible after RA. Can't say I had too much fun, but at least I can see the improvement lap after lap.

Didn't expect much from the Willow TT - don't really like the taste of desert sand in my mouth after vainly tryng to ace the last curve.
But I was in for a big surprise! Old German lady turned up to be a hottie who can keep her ass tight to the ground. TC0 and zero assists are absolutely fitting here (even though I drive TC1 95% of the time).
No jerking around with gears, no power spinouts - just keep the line and slide a bit. One of my favourite combinations so far!
The last curve is still killing me though.

Last edited:
I was struggling to keep the merc on track and found asm so helpful, but then I realized it also kills my time. It's a countinous wheel squeaking and power cut.
Get some courage, removed it, tried be as smooth as possible and no squeaking at all, boom, 1s less

190872ae95797-screenshotUrl.jpg

I think I can do little better, but happy for the huge lesson learned

Hello everyone, I went to bed early last night so I didn't post anymore, I will be coming home late this evening around 7-8pm, and then we have to unpack everything which is an hour process. It has been nice and enjoyable for me the past 2-3 days, not having to fight in the TT's. I'm hoping to earn a gold medal at RBR but it's gonna take time. I would love to visit all places of the U.K. in the future when I get my health stable enough. I don't feel comfortable right now. Sometimes my blood pressure will be low and I'll get light-headed.

Anyways my friend made me and my mom some pancakes, bacon, toast and hash browns for breakfast this morning so we didn't have to cook, see we have a long drive. And I love drinking orange juice, it's loaded with potassium which my level was low in that mineral. I guess @Evilmuffin left for his trip yesterday evening. I feel so bad for complaining and getting upset, this is a great, warming community and it needs love, positivity and strength to keep going.

So, I'll check in with you all later.

Hi Daniel,
I'm glad you're taking care of every single Titan so that we don't get lost.
But you don't have to worry. @Gogga has shown us how it's done.
You just have to play in the dark. Then they won't see us 😄
Halo Martin,

Yes please, stay among the humans, on the right side of the Force! Your (fantastic) gold score is safe now, no need to push anymore :ill:
It's always painful to see good friends (this not includes our FOTC*) leaving us for others galaxies. Earth is a fabulous place, if we except Spain and Portugal :D

Please, SLOW DOWN!! :lol:

* FOTC: Frankenstein of the circuits, is the real name of @smoothbore12 :(

I came back to the desert, to find peace, serenity, and some tenths... :D For the record, my current PB is: 1:34.923 but with the certainty there are still several tenths to gain.

After few laps, I have a first improvment with the German granny:

1720267304748.png

My 1st sector is very consistent (29.665), while I'm still struggle in the 2nd sector to find the way to keep a maximum of speed along the turns (32.282). The 3rd one is now correct 9 times on ten (30.815).

On the second session, my first sector was a bit slower as usual but correct (29.723), but my 2nd was much faster (33.877). I was very happy to have a fast 3rd sector (30.850): 1:34.450 🥇

1720267997397.png

My new optimal is just incredible:

1720267968346.png

In fact, my record on the 1st sector is 29.615. So theorically, I could enter the 1:34.2xx with lots of luck and dedication. And very honestly, 1:34.224 would be just perfect... :sly: 👌

1720268170807.png

Sorry, I've forgot to save the replay of my fastest lap but there are some others available:

1720268490107.png

Yes 11 days to go, but I will enjoy every second of this TT until the end.

ATTACK!!!

Last edited:
I came back to the desert, to find peace, serenity, and some tenths... :D For the record, my current PB is: 1:34.923 but with the certainty there are still several tenths to gain.

After few laps, I have a first improvment with the German granny:

View attachment 1370391

My 1st sector is very consistent (29.665), while I'm still struggle in the 2nd sector to find the way to keep a maximum of speed along the turns (32.282). The 3rd one is now correct 9 times on ten (30.815).

On the second session, my first sector was a bit slower as usual but correct (29.723), but my 2nd was much faster (33.877). I was very happy to have a fast 3rd sector (30.850): 1:34.450 🥇

View attachment 1370394

My new optimal is just incredible:

View attachment 1370393

In fact, my record on the 1st sector is 29.615. So theorically, I could enter the 1:34.2xx with lots of luck and dedication. And very honestly, 1:34.224 would be just perfect... :sly: 👌

View attachment 1370395

Sorry, I've forgot to save the replay of my fastest lap but there are some others available:

View attachment 1370396

Yes 11 days to go, but I will enjoy every second of this TT until the end.

ATTACK!!!
Shoooooo! Nice work Daniel.

Back