Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 28,356 comments
Shoooooo! Nice work Daniel.
Thank you, my friend :)
As I told you earlier, nothing would have been possible without this thread, this community, and this forum.
The help, the advices, and the motivation provided here are just incredibly valuable.

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

Thank you, my friend :)
As I told you earlier, nothing would have been possible without this thread, this community, and this forum.
The help, the advices, and the motivation provided here are just incredibly valuable.

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor
Congrats, I would have never improved with my driving skills if I hadn't found this awesome site. I'm glad I did some thorough research in 2021. Lol, I wish I had found it when I was playing gt5 back during 2011-2015. I only played it for 4 years. I just realized, August will be my three year anniversary since I joined here!

I came back to the desert, to find peace, serenity, and some tenths... :D For the record, my current PB is: 1:34.923 but with the certainty there are still several tenths to gain.

After few laps, I have a first improvment with the German granny:

View attachment 1370391

My 1st sector is very consistent (29.665), while I'm still struggle in the 2nd sector to find the way to keep a maximum of speed along the turns (32.282). The 3rd one is now correct 9 times on ten (30.815).

On the second session, my first sector was a bit slower as usual but correct (29.723), but my 2nd was much faster (33.877). I was very happy to have a fast 3rd sector (30.850): 1:34.450 🥇

View attachment 1370394

My new optimal is just incredible:

View attachment 1370393

In fact, my record on the 1st sector is 29.615. So theorically, I could enter the 1:34.2xx with lots of luck and dedication. And very honestly, 1:34.224 would be just perfect... :sly: 👌

View attachment 1370395

Sorry, I've forgot to save the replay of my fastest lap but there are some others available:

View attachment 1370396

Yes 11 days to go, but I will enjoy every second of this TT until the end.

ATTACK!!!
@MUC76 I think @Pesselles has started playing in the dark 😄

Awesome time buddy!!
Well done 👏

I came back to the desert, to find peace, serenity, and some tenths... :D For the record, my current PB is: 1:34.923 but with the certainty there are still several tenths to gain.

After few laps, I have a first improvment with the German granny:

View attachment 1370391

My 1st sector is very consistent (29.665), while I'm still struggle in the 2nd sector to find the way to keep a maximum of speed along the turns (32.282). The 3rd one is now correct 9 times on ten (30.815).

On the second session, my first sector was a bit slower as usual but correct (29.723), but my 2nd was much faster (33.877). I was very happy to have a fast 3rd sector (30.850): 1:34.450 🥇

View attachment 1370394

My new optimal is just incredible:

View attachment 1370393

In fact, my record on the 1st sector is 29.615. So theorically, I could enter the 1:34.2xx with lots of luck and dedication. And very honestly, 1:34.224 would be just perfect... :sly: 👌

View attachment 1370395

Sorry, I've forgot to save the replay of my fastest lap but there are some others available:

View attachment 1370396

Yes 11 days to go, but I will enjoy every second of this TT until the end.

ATTACK!!!
Bravo Daniel !!!!!!💪💪👏👏👏👏

Pretty long gt7 session this morning ( funny thing writing this at 3PM). First of all, went for the merc. What a fun car it is, shame I can't afford it yet ;). Pretty quickly went deep into gold zone
1000017517.jpg
1000017518.jpg

So I thought I can tackle with red bull circuit waffen machine at RA.. and it took me a while, an arrow to the knee and setting CSA to strong to achieve gold time. I sweat during this trial like I would be doing some kind of workout... firstly I dropped time below 1:01, then 1:00.89 which was so close to gold that I decided to go on without losing my flow. Tried different approach to T1 which pretty much did the trick to get advantage of my ghost into .7xx's then all it required was not to eFF up rest of the lap, which proved to be a pretty hard task. But here I am. And that propably is going to by my best ranking placement.
1000017516.jpg
1000017515.jpg

@Pesselles , very impressive score and a top 1000!!!
It's top gun here!!!
View attachment 1370430
Thank a lot my friend ;)
Yes, but it's a very temporary Top 1000, as 11 days to go (I'm sure @Lomic and you, will be faster).

(Landivisiau is 15mns from my home, I'm inspired)

Bravo Daniel !!!!!!💪💪👏👏👏👏
Merci Jérome, I really appreciate from you :)

@MUC76 I think @Pesselles has started playing in the dark 😄

Awesome time buddy!!
Well done 👏
No chance to play in the dark, I'm claustrophobic :lol: and I'm really too slow for an abduction ^^
Dankie my vriend ;)

IMG_7674.jpeg

I’m in the really want to go sub 59 seconds but can’t club! God it’s frustrating, I set five times today sub 59 that were invalidated by the tiniest margin with track limits.

Ultra frustrating

From my friends leaderboard it looks like everybody else is having the same trouble 🤣 BUT I BELIEVE IN YOU @330_D YOU CAN DO IT!

Sports Hard tyres ruining my life again 🤣

As soon as I hit target it’s back off to RA for a TT i actually enjoy

Never thought I’d say high downforce would be my strength but here we are!

View attachment 1370438

I’m in the really want to go sub 59 seconds but can’t club! God it’s frustrating, I set five times today sub 59 that were invalidated by the tiniest margin with track limits.

Ultra frustrating

From my friends leaderboard it looks like everybody else is having the same trouble 🤣 BUT I BELIEVE IN YOU @330_D YOU CAN DO IT!

Sports Hard tyres ruining my life again 🤣

As soon as I hit target it’s back off to RA for a TT i actually enjoy

Never thought I’d say high downforce would be my strength but here we are!
I totally could. I do not know that I'll have the time to try. I am skipping RA for that reason... And I'd like to get a time at Willow before I leave and can't. So busy...

Nice improvement for you! Small but mighty.

View attachment 1370394
Oh wow, careful, those Aliens definitely have an eye on you now :)
Congrats on top 1000 score!

I can only dream of that.
Had a go at this after a long football night - FRA POR went into penalties, congrats to France
After that I spent almost 3 hours till 3 am at Willow
And oh boy, that last turn is just killing me...

ttws.png

I don't think this gold will last.
Anytime I was on track for 1:34.x lap, I just knew I was going to mess up the last turn - and that's exactly what I did.
The last turn at Willow is kind of like the last sector at Fuji for me, no matter what or how many times I try, I just can't seem to get it right :boggled:

@Dan_Tes Wow, impressive. You blew that TT to smithereens! Lol! And great improvements everyone, I'm gonna be coming home tonight, we are leaving at around 4-5pm. It will be a long drive, my friend is so nice. It is not too bad where we are in Myrtle Beach, 89 degrees. Sometimes the heat feels sticky.

Oh wow, careful, those Aliens definitely have an eye on you now :)
Congrats on top 1000 score!

I can only dream of that.
Had a go at this after a long football night - FRA POR went into penalties, congrats to France
After that I spent almost 3 hours till 3 am at Willow
And oh boy, that last turn is just killing me...

View attachment 1370440

I don't think this gold will last.
Anytime I was on track for 1:34.x lap, I just knew I was going to mess up the last turn - and that's exactly what I did.
The last turn at Willow is kind of like the last sector at Fuji for me, no matter what or how many times I try, I just can't seem to get it right :boggled:
I had the same issue with the last turn.

I've worked a lot on this one, for the exact same reason you've mention: not butcher 2 previous good sectors stupidly.
There's not many advices to give, except to find when and where to brake before the turn, and where and when to gas in the turn to stay on the most optimal line for the final straight.

For the braking point, I have a mark on the track that help me to brake on time and on the best line possible to keep the car stable to put the throttle on the ideal time for the long straight.
It's not yet perfect but I'm comfortable on this turn.

Good luck for the 1:34, you can do it!!

For the braking point, I have a mark on the track that help me to brake on time and on the best line possible to keep the car stable to put the throttle on the ideal time for the long straight.
Would you share your mark ?

I brake at the 200 board, being semi on the left of the track and trying not to plunge too soon to the right. But it does not work 100% of time (and I am really slow)

Would you share your mark ?

I brake at the 200 board, being semi on the left of the track and trying not to plunge too soon to the right. But it does not work 100% of time (and I am really slow)
I always have trouble with Sector 1, trying to get that braking point right to make the turn correctly without going off-course is really difficult. I still have not earned gold on the lap attack at Big Willow. No matter how hard I try, I always mess something up and lose speed. The best I got was silver. I don't remember my time there.

I normally break at the 100m mark and then I take a left.

Back