Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,737 comments
@Lomic Yeah. it happened to me three separate times during my 22 lap run. I only saved the replay for my best record. Is that supposed to be a glitch? Why is the next lap dead too after botching up the initial lap?

Why is the next lap dead too after botching up the initial lap?
It only happens if you do it late enough in the lap that you could gain a starting speed advantage by going off track before the finish line - such as cutting the Bus Stop at Spa to start 80mph faster than on a legit lap - whether the track allows for it or not.

It only happens if you do it late enough in the lap that you could gain a starting speed advantage by going off track before the finish line - such as cutting the Bus Stop at Spa to start 80mph faster than on a legit lap - whether the track allows for it or not.
Does it happen if you invalidate anywhere in last sector, or only the end of it ? What determines the impact of an invalidation late on the track to count towards next lap ?

View attachment 1370897

Well, that happened. That final corner is amazing. Might be the most fun drift in this game that I've found. Just floating.

View attachment 1370898

I find myself in good company.

Amazing time there. Congrats mate!
And this is all with minimal effort!

You may now take the next two weeks off. Have a good break and come back faster!
Safe travels and don't forget to pack your space suit :lol:

Got some seat time this morning. Maybe a tenth or 2 left for me.
IMG_2887.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I finally had my first 1:02.888 but kind of stuffed up the last corner ofcours 😭😂😂...
Because I started at 7AM I was early at home and the wife was out getting the hair done 😂
So time for a little session 😁

Had a lot of 1:02.9xx splits compared to yesterday, fastest was a .909 but went of on the exit 🙈, then finally a better S2, but it's insane how you guys run .6xx out of the second sector.... my .888 felt realy smooth and fast.....😂😂

No 5th place but I stole some places back in my Senna signed 300SL 😂

1000022287.jpg

1000022286.jpg

1000022288.jpg

Last edited:
Well I finally had my first 1:02.888 but kind of stuffed up the last corner ofcours 😭😂😂...
Because I started at 7AM I was early at home and the wife was out getting the hair done 😂
So time for a little session 😁

Had a lot of 1:02.9xx splits compared to yesterday, fastest was a .909 but went of on the exit 🙈, then finally a better S2, but it's insane how you guys run .6xx out of the second sector.... my .888 felt realy smooth and fast.....😂😂

No 5th place but I stole some places back in my Senna signed 300SL 😂

View attachment 1370920
View attachment 1370921

Great lap, congrats!

Btw there is a bug in GT7 replay's they will in most cases show sector split times only first time we play replays ( we can restart game and play again and then they will show again, only first time we play them) and if we want to show sector times then we need to record it first time we play.
So asking a favour, whoever shares videos, please record first time playing lap replays so we can see sector times. (How is your first sector time not shown, but second is, I have no explanation except another bug in GT7)

Great lap, congrats!

Btw there is a bug in GT7 replay's they will in most cases show sector split times only first time we play replays ( we can restart game and play again and then they will show again, only first time we play them) and if we want to show sector times then we need to record it first time we play.
So asking a favour, whoever shares videos, please record first time playing lap replays so we can see sector times. (How is your first sector time not shown, but second is, I have no explanation except another bug in GT7)
Thanks mate!

The worst part is..... I knew this, but noticed the .888 was showing for S2 so was under the impression that it was all good 🙈, but thanks for pointing that out mate, I added my sectors image 😉, first was a 29.400
But indeed a weird bug if one shows and the other not 🤔😵‍💫

Who knew? It's sorta become my thing. It started with the roadster at the Valley I think and has continued... I used to rip in GR1 and big downforce but these days I seem to do best with just enough power to be fun and that have good balance. That's the key. Cars that don't snap. You can just keep adding speed and it's much easier to find the limits I feel. I'm pretty fair at carrying a power on slide as well. That helps.

It's all thanks to this place. I work hard to be better but the amount of aliens that offer help and support here is just amazing. My time is attached to my name but it's a collective here. When one does well we all seem to do well. Cheers, mate!
Very nice to see everybody evolve here due to this community, and hard works pays off, practice makes perfect, al those tips, video's, braking points and overall lapguides and people trying to make others faster.
Sure helped me get a whole lot faster 😁 and apparently it works for you too 😂😁😁

Great progression there mate!

I'm still annoyed by the fact that PD's system of the invalidated laps affect the next lap after the driver messes up the initial lap. See, RBR is a shortcut penalty fest because the first turn, you can botch it up by not taking the right line to clip the apex.

@Gomario JSP Yes, I would have never gotten this far to my level if it wasn't for all of you, and I'm so thankful I found this site three years ago. I still have a whole lot to learn.

#1- Trail braking
#2- MT (full benefits)
#3- studying and paying attention to the replays and my surroundings
#4- changing my configuration for the controls/buttons

I may be missing key points from the list above.

Avalanche of red laps for me too at RBR...

What's your settings there ? I might have ABS weak and TCS 1 but that's it. Maybe some CSA but not sure.

I lose an enormous amount of time around Würth and lose there anything I could have stacked from T1 (when I do a good T1), and cannot get it back in last corners.

0.1s improvement over my previous best lap but most laps above 1:01 :mad:

Following the ghost of @Dolph Drago tonight ;)

19093c56aa864-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:

What's your settings there ? I might have ABS weak and TCS 1 but that's it. Maybe some CSA but not sure.

I lose an enormous amount of time around Würth and lose there anything I could have stacked from T1 (when I do a good T1), and cannot get it back in last corners.

View attachment 1370955
No matter how you do it - this must stop! I did about 30 laps at RBR and even used my round wheel and the separate shifter instead the paddles to get a better/more authentic feeling for the bimmer. But no improvement for me today and you (and a well-known greek member some call a traitor) make me come back tomorrow...
1909425283c63-screenshotUrl.jpg

No matter how you do it - this must stop! I did about 30 laps at RBR and even used my round wheel and the separate shifter instead the paddles to get a better/more authentic feeling for the bimmer. But no improvement for me today and you (and a well-known greek member some call a traitor) make me come back tomorrow... View attachment 1370968
ooooh you were so close... too bad I improved a tiny bit tonight 🤣

come on get the greek !

@Pesselles is so high on your friendlist, we can not even see him :mad:

View attachment 1370955
All assists off, steery cheat mode engaged. 😂 Fastest I could find for settings.

Well I guess I'll give the Willow TT a go tonight after dinner. I ordered a 14-inch pizza from Pizza Hut with pepperoni, sausage, cheese and onions. I hope this will motivate me to drive faster and aim for the gold times. I may not be back before midnight, if not. I will cya all tomorrow. I have a lot of stuff to do the next 3-4 days, I have to help my mom get to the ER. She will driver herself, I just have to help her pack her things and fix her something to eat.

I will be the man of the house this weekend.

I will have to rent that special car as it's 20M in the legend dealership, and I only have about 5 million credits, so I do not have enough! Well I hope you all take care and stay safe.

Day 2 at Spielberg.
First I tried to get that sub 1 minute lap with AT and did 59.9, then I switched to MT and CSA strong - and some 60 laps later this happened:
TT-RBRM3-almos2.jpg

Never before in that region, my optimals were .8 all the time, but this one I nailed on the head
TT-RBRM3-almost2-lapchart.jpg

Quick marathon before sleep yesterday, and about 0.2s improvement. 1:34 dead is doable as I easily gained 0.3s in S1, only to lose everything and even more on the downhill turns before end of S2. Definitely gonna try If I have the time until thursday. The car is just brilliant in this tt, shame I'm 11mil short to buying one. Love that gentle oversteer into corners. Still not a fan of Big Willow and its road edges catapulting you into sand 😅
190941671c270-screenshotUrl.jpg
190941671c250-screenshotUrl.jpg

Hi!

I'm getting back to my original PSN-Account that i used in the first weeks after the GT7 release for good. KAlex122. That's why im handing out some friends-requests. If you didn't get one, please feel free to add me yourself.

Now PSN- and GTP-forum-account have the same name again.

Edit: Some of you where already there but some from the forum pages i couldn't locate with a PSN name.

Edit2: Maybe i have a little time tomorrow to set times for Road Atlanta and RBR on that account.

Last edited:
I returned to Big Willow because I felt that a 33 should be visible with reasonable effort.

Crazy, how much time there is left on the track. The optimum is a 33.74. But it's getting harder to squeeze out and also a bit boring after session 4. I'm not a very patient person 😄
1000014611.jpg

Back