Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,878 comments
@Moglet how many silvers and golds do you have?

Wow, I haven't even reached bronze at Fuji, I'm somewhere in the 1'28.000's. This isn't as bad as the Autopolis one, I don't even think I earned a medal there at all which is fine to me. I guess a driver's lap time is based on how well they know Fuji and all the turns/corners that is included in the track.

@Jeje6410 smoking lap mate!! :)

Hi guys (and Greek),

Text Street GIF

No panic guys, I haven't improved my PB on Big Willow :dopey::lol:
I prefer to warn first because I know some of you are sweating, shaking, and freaking, in case this could happen...

1720794238108.png

I've only improved my optimal...

1720794348225.png

... for now... :mischievous:

Everything is fine @krazislaw @MUC76 @bluealpine and S. "Ronald" MacDonald (don't want to mention the wrong guy), enjoy your nap...

Disney Jungle GIF by unpeuflou

Hi guys (and Greek),

Text Street GIF

I prefer to warn first because I know some of you are sweating, shaking, and freaking, in case this could happen...

View attachment 1371922

View attachment 1371923

Everything is fine @krazislaw @MUC76 @bluealpine and S. "Ronald" MacDonald (don't want to mention the wrong guy), enjoy your nap...

It still tickles me that an old guy in my age from France in a German classic car outperform me .
I call it sacrilege and it is difficult to bear 🙈🤷‍♂️ at least @Interemptor is holding the torch on my board 😎

Hi guys (and Greek),

Text Street GIF

View attachment 1371922

View attachment 1371923

Dear Colleagues,
The situation is much more serious than I thought. I have therefore written the following e-mail to KAZ.

Dear Mr. KAZ,
I apologize for having to address you personally once again in the matter of "@Pesselles". As you know, he is an aging, rather extroverted guy (we call him "Sim-Racer" - please be gracious with the use of that term, but it seems to help him) from the TT community who is caught in a Willow Springs time warp. Probably because it's a very slow car there on a very very clear track (which suits his old eyes and bones). The other players have therefore already achieved very good results in a very short time and are already thinking about the next TT.
But not poor Pesselles. This is perhaps his last chance to really perform. Unfortunately, this takes much longer than we expected (you know, it's the age). After you informed me that our times, which are faster than @Pesselles', cannot be deleted from the database, we are asking to extend the duration of the Willow Springs TT until Christmas so that poor @Pesselles still has some time left to improve to alien-standards.
We also promise not to run this TT again so that further extensions to next year should not be necessary.

Sincerely yours
@krazislaw, @MUC76, @bluealpine and @ScottPuss20

Last edited:
I guess I'll switch to MT for the Mercedes TT, but it distracts me from watching the road by keeping an eye on the map where the gear numbers are. I assume it's still possible to earn gold using an automatic.
I know, many say differently and you will know best by yourself but if i where you, i would stay with automatic. If you are concentrating on the gear numbers, focus gets away from driving the right line, which is definitely more important. Also, only watching the gear numbers doesn't get you faster as they are more or less only what automatic transmission would suggest. People that drive MT mostly don't watch that numbers but find their own rythm and often go a gear higher out of a turn or use hard motor braking and down- and upshifting to get a better rotation. These are the positives of AT. Following the suggested numbers alon doesn't make you faster. It only distracts you.

Last edited:
Maybe your strategic considerations (I try to follow since a couple of weeks) are too much for my little kitten brain 😉

Cats What GIF by doodles
Lol, I have never owned a cat. Only dogs. See I don't want any cats to bug me while I'm time trialing in gt7. They are distracting too.
But I still may have to use a ghost every now and then to guide me as well. If it wasn't for the braking meters too it wouldn't have helped me in certain TT's of the game.

Last edited:
1720822590989.jpg

Went to visit the desert for the second time, this time with a rusty barn find Merc, apparently it goes even faster than the restored one. Had a horrible sector 1, but somehow slided my way majestically through sector 2 and made up all the time lost, so this is the best I can do for now. If I nail together the optimal lap, it will be around 1:33.4xx, but that won't happen :D

Last edited:
Back