Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,995 comments
Here's the guide for those interested! Really fun combo this, so I'm definitely jumping back on at some point to get that 1:19!

**Light @Tidgney 's pants on fire

Easy my butt šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

1000074529.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. So, last evening I finally hit credit cap, promptly went and bought all 4 cars in the LCD I didn't already have, and the SF23 for that TT, which included that POS Old Lady Mercedes, which, by the way, can't decide to slide the fronts or rears at any given time and, won't left me clutch and h-gate shift it in the TT:irked:. I tossed those ugly rims in the dumpster, slapped some AR mags on it, then slobbered my colors over that BU factory job. Beauty is in the eye and all that and I don't find this car at all attractive.

For some reason I thought the gold threshold was in the .34s and when I got done after 22 laps I discovered I'd tip toed into gold with my 35.130. WTP? Didn't expect that at all. Probably slide into silver before it's all done. Don't think I'll come back if it does.

I used to live about 75miles, that's about 120Km for those folks that get that system better, from Willow and even mighta' drove by it once or twice but never did visit. Don't like the desert much and swore once I left I would not return. Stupid game, making me chase virtual seconds in a virtual desert without dessert.

@JamCar0ne Dude! It happened again! That's 2 back to back.

Congratulations! I have to return to the desert myself. And Iā€™m really not a fan of the place.
Just my observations...it all comes down to that last right hander...on one lap i was 1.2 seconds ahead of my ghost going into the last corner,finished about .600 behind,once i seen that i figured i could do it....brake,turn,slide,gas...lol...piece a cake,gl.

Begun almost a 24 hour travel back home from Italy to Sweden (Foggia - Roma - Copenhagen - Linkƶping), will at least get the possibility to watch tonight's Euro in the airport in Copenhagen (Allez les Bleus!! šŸ‡«šŸ‡·šŸ‡«šŸ‡·) during an 8 hour wait there. šŸ˜“

Should be back home tomorrow morning sometime and will get one day to take care of the X2019 at Road Atlanta and M3 at Red Bull Ring. Not exactly optimal, let's see how it goes. :lol:
To follow up on this, that travel back home ended up even being slightly longer than 24 hours due to a train delay. Very little sleep during all those hours as well, one ish on the flight, one ish on another train and then 3-4 as I came home Wednesday morning. Then thought Iā€™d get going a bit with the time trials and get myself back up to speed (17 days without playing the game) as it was the final day but the timing of things were borderline ridiculous as heavy bad weather with thunderstorms came for several hours and not wanting to potentially fry my PS5 I turned it off and pulled the plug.
As things passed I eventually got going around midnight with these two time trials drained of energy and sleep (again, crazy timing of random addition of one extra TT, it also being practically a repeat in the X2019 Road Atlanta bar a tyre and physics change). The M3 at RBR got sorted relatively quickly and I felt I had to switch to the X2019 as I knew that was going to take much longer to do.

All that said, result? Alright but kinda disappointing, as expected. Normally I shouldā€™ve done a 59 at RA and 58 at RBR but well, things werenā€™t normal. Accurate photos below of how the X2019 felt in that moment:
20970585022265922.jpg
20970542152791351.jpg

X2019 Road Atlanta: 1ā€™00.004 (PAIN)
M3 Sport Evo RBR Short: 0ā€™59.122
Well, I wasn't really expecting improvement in the final day at RBR. I was teetering on the edge of the top 100, so I gave it a go. Somehow I avoided track limit penalties at turn 1 and the second the last corner to get into the 59.0's and possibly a top 75! :dopey: I know I'll drop at least 1 spot when @NAXEHT puts in his inevitable top 50 lap before the end. :lol:
View attachment 1371532

[...]

Normally I probably wouldā€™ve/couldā€™ve but timing wasnā€™t in my favour this time. Well done though, man! And everyone else here, saw some really nice times on this one. ;) Got a photo Iā€™m very happy with!

20969956314516999.jpg

Hopefully Jeddah won't find anymore tenths at Big Willow, because if he does it will drop the target times down.

@Evilmuffin lol, welcome back. I wonder what rank you are in American. Mine is probably at the bottom. What is your youtube channel so I can access your replays quicker, it freezes up sometimes on the Playstation when I'm loading it.

Last edited:
I forgot how to drive the Merc at Willow for the first 100 or so miles today before finally getting settled in again. Teeny bit of a pickup when I finally put in three decent sectors as opposed to always messing up one. I have no idea where sector 1 came from. I was running mostly .6's, with a handful of .5's, and I think two .4's all session until I nailed it down on this lap. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much more I can gain. Grabbing another top 100 is going to be a tough assignment if I chase it.
IMG_3373.jpg

I can thank the weather for finishing ahead of @NAXEHT at RBR. :lol: The fact that you nearly put it a sub 59 there AND a sub minute at RA is insane with so little time and rest. Well done! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hi,

@TheNormsk... Our times are pretty much identical here. I am now convinced that getting the final corner "Nailed" is the equivalent of getting a gallon of cow **** through a rolling doughnut!

This corner is driving me crazy.
The last corner is a do or die move with a lot of Hail Maryā€™s thrown in hoping you make it. I ended many a good lap at that corner.

Yeah, one lap I was going super fast and missed the final turn on a good lap in which I could have gotten a sub 1'35.400, I was so upset. But I took some deep breaths to regroup, and kept on trucking. I've been keeping track of my laps by writing them down on a piece of paper, 42 out of my 97 laps have been void.

53853012811_aa4aaf955a_o.jpg

Told you there was more in it.
I am curious what the time difference between us is and when we set our respective times. You're a little over 0.03 quicker than I yet over 300 places higher up in the standings. Either you set this time extremely early on or there is a large amount of players who are cracking a 21.4ish and just calling it a day! Excellent lap anyways.
I'm much further down the order now, despite having improved on my lap time.
Everything is fine @krazislaw @MUC76 @bluealpine and S. "Ronald" MacDonald (don't want to mention the wrong guy), enjoy your nap...

Disney Jungle GIF by unpeuflou
You got the wrong guy againšŸ˜¹
I think a big factor of a driver's lap is how fast they can get through each sector of the track, at least it's that way for me.
Screenshot (108).png

Last edited:
I forgot how to drive the Merc at Willow for the first 100 or so miles today before finally getting settled in again. Teeny bit of a pickup when I finally put in three decent sectors as opposed to always messing up one. I have no idea where sector 1 came from. I was running mostly .6's, with a handful of .5's, and I think two .4's all session until I nailed it down on this lap. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much more I can gain. Grabbing another top 100 is going to be a tough assignment if I chase it.
View attachment 1372047

I can thank the weather for finishing ahead of @NAXEHT at RBR. :lol: The fact that you nearly put it a sub 59 there AND a sub minute at RA is insane with so little time and rest. Well done! :cheers:

That's a nice S1 indeed Dolph!, faster then mine šŸ˜, I was at .400 ...very very smooth T2 mate!
you lost a tenth in S2 but it's hard to point out where...but I think it was the left hander starting S2, very annoying corner and uphill wheelspin mountain thing....šŸ˜‚
Then you definitely lost a tenth on the last corner by missing the apex.... at least 2 tenth to gain mate!, you can do this.

Don't stop just out of the top 100 mate, you got this! And you can focus on the Merc due to the stupid Fuji one šŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Tiny improvement on Fuji. Didn't reach my target but don't want to drive this combo anymore. Got pretty sick of those high downforce cars in the last couple of days šŸ˜…

Also I have the urge to fly to Japan, go to Fuji Speedway, down to turn 3 and beat the living hell out of that damn bollard šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

190aaf9024c62-screenshotUrl.jpg

Tiny improvement on Fuji. Didn't reach my target but don't want to drive this combo anymore. Got pretty sick of those high downforce cars in the last couple of days šŸ˜…

Also I have the urge to fly to Japan, go to Fuji Speedway, down to turn 3 and beat the living hell out of that damn bollard šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

View attachment 1372092
I feel you too close to me....
1000001577.gif

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

**Light @Tidgney 's pants on fire

Easy my butt šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

View attachment 1372029
Haha, hey you are well in the 3%! A part of the difficulty decider is if I can do it on Pad, how quick I do it generally if it takes me 1 lap on a pad I do consider it an easier one (Doesn't necessarily define easy). There's other things to but I realise it's all an opinion though. This isn't aimed at you either, just saying in general as I know some people struggle with faster cars, some with road cars some with GR cars.

I walk a dangerous road with the difficulty opinion šŸ˜‚ .

Haha, hey you are well in the 3%! A part of the difficulty decider is if I can do it on Pad, how quick I do it generally if it takes me 1 lap on a pad I do consider it an easier one (Doesn't necessarily define easy). There's other things to but I realise it's all an opinion though. This isn't aimed at you either, just saying in general as I know some people struggle with faster cars, some with road cars some with GR cars.

I walk a dangerous road with the difficulty opinion šŸ˜‚ .
As a controller user who find himself sometimes in the top 100 now a days....

You lied to me , this aint easy mate šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Been a crazy work week.
Will finally get a chance to tackle these two time trials later today.
Going to start with Big Willow. No chance of catching @330_D but I have you @Pesselles in my radar ;):lol:

Suzuka I will try, but will settle for a silver here. Looking forward to trying this one with the yoke style wheel.

Happy Hunting Everyone!!! :cheers:

Edit: Fuji, Not Suzuka

Last edited:
Been a crazy work week.
Will finally get a chance to tackle these two time trials later today.
Going to start with Big Willow. No chance of catching @330_D but I have you @Pesselles in my radar ;):lol:

Suzuka I will try, but will settle for a silver here. Looking forward to trying this one with the yoke style wheel.

Happy Hunting Everyone!!! :cheers:

Edit: Fuji, Not Suzuka
Suzuka? Fuji.

I just have to poke, prod and interfere with you :lol:
I am not sure on the standings as it is, all I know is that you were on fire at Big Willow in the German Granny!
I do understand but still, I have some weird practices with the grannies (preferably German, not Greeks) and I'm sure you won't like it.

After your very busy week, I would suggest some better options than this unfriendly desert:
  • Fuji with the SF19
  • Barcelona with the 2&4 Honda
  • Alsace test with the R8 Gordini

Have a nice week-end :yuck:

GIF by Rosanna Pansino

1.34.224 Big Willow (TCS1)

Sad as it is I was following @Tidgney 1.33.1xx ghost and was right behind him at the last checkpoint 1.03.1xx as always I totally messed up the last corner.
Anyway I found another 3 tenths and that means Top 1000 again āœŒļø

And @Pesselles
You better watch your back ā¤ļø
I shouldn't say that but 1:03.1xx is really impressive - You're minimum 0.5 sec faster than me here :nervous: I MUST improve that damned 2nd sector, before it's too late...

The last corner isn't that hard to me (I'm usually in 30.6xx on the 3rd sector). Take a look at my replay, if you need help (which I doubt). If you nail this one, you're barely in 1:33.7xx.

I wish you the very best :) (but not the very fast^^)

Last edited:
Back