Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 30,626 comments
Well I did not plan to get back in the SF23 but the wife got a call from someone that I know takes ages to clear, god these woman can talk hours on literaly nothing..... so beep......
Headphones on and bollard scraping..

Man T2 is just nuts, it is a little slower but I found way more consistency on lifting for a moment than full send so went with that.
But they have to buy a new bollard, I have hit that thing somany times it's not even funny anymore 😂😂

This lap i did spare it though 😂

1000022609.jpg

Nice little and descent run , 20's are absolutely possible but I serious doubt if I'm going to try that... so for now fairly happy on something I'm not the quickest with!,

1000022608.jpg

Well I did not plan to get back in the SF23 but the wife got a call from someone that I know takes ages to clear, god these woman can talk hours on literaly nothing..... so beep......

Man T2 is just nuts, it is a little slower but I found way more consistency on lifting for a moment than full send so went with that.
But they have to buy a new bollard, I have hit that thing somany times it's not even funny anymore 😂😂

View attachment 1372500

Nice little and descent run , 20's are absolutely possible but I serious doubt if I'm going to try that... so for now fairly happy on something I'm not the quickest with!,

View attachment 1372504

Bravo mon ami :bowdown::bowdown:👏👏👏👏
it's going to be hard to reach you...

View attachment 1372500

View attachment 1372504

Forget the bollard... imagine the horror of that marshal that has to put it back in place. At least hope the guy got cheers from fans around track (thats what we did when a marshal had to put a bollard back on porsche curves during this years le mans :D )

I finally managed a stint in the Merc. Due to limited time I watched Tidgney's lap guide and the fastest available replay. Loaded up their ghost and hit the track.

190b1e4c7d751-screenshotUrl.jpg
190b1e4dc5328-screenshotUrl.jpg

Not bad for my first, maybe last, outting here. Surprised to have a Top 1000 time. Even more surprised to see a lot of people here and on my friends list still quicker. A lot of you have progressed an impressive degree recently!

Well, I'm going to bed in a little while. I've been up all night and I was already up all day yesterday playing gt7. It takes me at least 7-8 hours to perfect my lap on any TT. Have a good Sunday everyone. I have to take care of myself.

@TumeK5 I agree, the lap won't get done by itself.

Last edited:
No surprises there! Spain were the better team. We finally got our comeuppance for negative tactics and not being brave; it was coming. Happy Spain won, they were the only team who spent every game attacking when they could, and that wins you trophies!! Hopefully our Spanish brothers have the BEST night and kudos to your team because that was a great tournament performance 👏🏼

Last edited:
Lol, I'm still up, I ate a bunch of pizza and chicken to fuel myself up for the newer TT's and the food kept me up for over a day. So how are you all coming along at Fuji?
Chris I swear you've come in every day for the past few weeks saying you've absolutely demolished a pizza - you must be spending an absolute fortune!

I'm hoping its TT money paying for them? The more golds.. the more pizzas?

Chris I swear you've come in every day for the past few weeks saying you've absolutely demolished a pizza - you must be spending an absolute fortune!

I'm hoping its TT money paying for them? The more golds.. the more pizzas?
Yeah, each large pizza is $18, and I get at least three-four at a time for us. You guys should try this method, having a healthy rich body and adequate sleep is the key to getting good lap times.

Last edited:
My best Sector 1 time was 0'30.545, I can't do any better. So I'll have to keep pushing tonight.
So, let's think about what we can do to help our lower-skilled drivers at Big Willow.
🤔
I have been following the rules here for 3 years, I'm not perfect either. But I will read every single rule again if I have to.
How many times have you read the rules now, I wonder?

Last edited:
My best Sector 1 time was 0'30.545, I can't do any better. So I'll have to keep pushing tonight.
Try to keep the car’s rear pointed a bit outwards on both corners (more on the first corner than the second) and keep it in 4th gear, you’ll have a lot of cornering force and won’t bleed as much speed, the same principle applies to pretty much all the track

Well most of you need to chill, I will not get offtopic anymore here okay, I'm under enough stress with my life. I need to go to bed soon, i feel irritable now, honestly I don't really care if I get a gold at Big Willow. I think my silver is safe. I worked my butt off too to get my deserved time, 1'36.073

It's my fault though, I started all this, I can't blame anyone but me. I really need to think about my actions in the future.

Honestly I don't need to be posting here everyday. I have tons of old posts to catch up on anyways.

@TumeK5

Last edited:
Well before I go, I have this video of my best run at Fuji, can you guys take a look and give me some advice, I tried to follow Dan's replay and apply what he did. He is fast though so it's hard to keep up with him. I won't post here a couple of days, so take care and good night. My time was 1'24.370 so I'm not far from silver.

Well before I go, I have this video of my best run at Fuji, can you guys take a look and give me some advice, I tried to follow Dan's replay and apply what he did. He is fast though so it's hard to keep up with him. I won't post here a couple of days, so take care and good night. My time was 1'24.370 so I'm not far from silver.

Most of sector 3 you enter the turns from the inside line, as opposed to the outside which compromises the speed you are able to maintain in the corner. See pic for reference of optimal line.
Racing-Line.jpg

Back