Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,589 comments
The optimals are all pointing in a promissing direction, and as already said, it's only a matter of work, of patience, and time!
My optimals are also very promising 😎
1000015348.jpg

But my reality was this 😆
1000015347.jpg

It's hard to bring it altogether. One reason is that I don't understand the track limits 😖

This caused a red lap 🤔
1000015345.jpg

Good luck my friend. Maybe I don't come back to this one 😄

Last edited:
Something caused sparks to fly there, so either you touched the walls before, or the car is invisible wider than expectations let us think.
I watched the replay and can't identify a contact.

Therefore I studied these sparks a lot 😄
If I follow their lines, they even can't be induced at the ground but at a height which is more or less above the car.

There is just one explanation.
It must be a perforated metal wall. Behind the wall is KAZ with a grinder 😆
Fire Flashing GIF by Airspeeder

The 🔥 emoji is for that !

The Ferrari won't let you change up a gear without being on throttle

Well done Captain 🛫 .... It was for just a plane wasn't it... Not a space ship 😅

Congratulations Captain :cheers:

zjn
Great stuff there! Congratulations!

The double life of Captain @Dan_Tes ...

👨🏻‍✈️✈️ ️ 👽🛸

Sounds like a great title for a TV drama 😝
Thanks fellas! Tune in later to find out whether I managed a world top 100 time for crossing the Atlantic this week 👽 🤣

I had a go in Tokyo again last night, thanks @P-Courty for the gen; what a dumb gearbox 🤣 the car is fun though and after doing quite a few different races in different cars last night I’m calling it… the physics are definitely an improvement! Also @Barareklam the rally physics seem to have greatly improved too, rally TT incoming? 🤔

IMG_7871.jpeg
IMG_7870.jpeg

I get one more shot this afternoon before I leave; not sure it will help as it takes me a long long time to get into a rhythm on this one 🤪

I typically run a TT for 20-30 minutes and no more. Usually knock down a silver time with that. If @half_sourly has a spare cycle or two and can post up my data page, I'd might could tell which ones I bronzed and when they happened. Mostly get silvers and I've had a handful of golds with that amount of time invested. If I get within a sniff or two of a gold time I might decide to run another 20-30 minute session. Time invested for me has to equal or better the Tokyo 600 grind race of 1-1.6mil an hour. There have been one or two TTs that I was having fun with and spent more than an hour on. Fun Factor>income rate with those though.
Here you go.

Driver.png

1722352544372.png

Attachments

• Driver-Dragonwhisky.xlsx
    51.9 KB · Views: 3
Had given up on Tokyo TT. Switched back to A/T for peace of mind & was able to shave off about 1.2 seconds from my best previous time. Am just in Gold category & drove around 390 kms of Tokyo as was in the right frame of mind.

View attachment 1376792

View attachment 1376793
That's a great acheivement, well done mate!! I know how hard is it to nail all the best sectors together here.

(side note: 2:05.5xx and 5.000th is also my objective for this TT).

Hi folks. From this friday, I will be on a road trip (vacation) for two weeks. And due to sun and fun commitments:PI won’t have any seat time. So I really wanted to finish this Ferrari tt on a high. New physics with this combo is an absolute blast. Most enjoyable one so far for me. Managed to sneak into 2.03.2xx’s..Optimal shows 2.02.9xx but I know it’s just a fantasy:D

Have fun and happy lapping.

IMG_6318.jpeg

tokyo-10laps-2.jpg

Seems like progression momentum is dead. Now I just repeat the same times again and again (or worse).

I'll have a look at lap guides because I just can't understand how to take T1 (where I lose 0.2 to 0.5 nearly every lap) and the final hairpin, where I lose 0.5 each time but sometimes I gain 0.5 too 🤬doing the same thing (at least trying and not seeing what I do differently from most laps where I lose time there).

21 laps in.

Last edited:
I'll have a look at lap guides because I juste can't understand how to take T1 (where I lose 0.2 to 0.5 nearly every lap) and the final hairpin, where I lose 0.5 each time but sometimes I gain 0.5 too 🤬doing the same thing (at least trying and not seeing what I do differently from most laps where I lose time there).
If you know your lap is "not working" you can use the final hairpin for just a bit of extra acceleration instead of focusing on the immediate fast line.
Wont be much as the cars highest acceleration rate is reached shortly after the starting line anyway, but it could have been your initial 0.002 you needed.

Mhhh... a 2:02 would have been nice to have. 🥲

View attachment 1376794
Yeah, I had it in reach as well but couldn’t quite make it happen this time. There’s a point where the scale tips too much into pain and frustration instead of pleasure and where one should consider calling it quits. I reached that point and couldn’t be arsed anymore. Didn’t want to return tomorrow. Despite the frustration the walls cause it was a fun combo, I really love the fast flow in the middle, it’s so good. Reminds me of a old and absolute goat race back in GT Sport, altough it was on the other loop (“Inner”, now renamed “Counterclockwise”).

19106a873e21-screenshotUrl.png

20970369960565848.jpg

I had silver before yesterday on the Tokyo TT with 2.06.7xx, but I knew I could get inside Gold (2.05.8xx at that time).

So I did a session last night. I have a love/hate relationship with this TT; I love both the track and the car (not visually though) but I can only manage one clean lap every 6 laps (avg)! I managed to gold it fairly early and easy but it got so addictive that I could not stop. After 2 hours and 300km on the rent Ferrari, I managed to lower it to 2.05.4xx but I knew I had more, the optimal was 2.05.0xx!

Today, I woke up early and only thing in my mind was to start the PS and do some more laps! After another 200km, I managed to lower it to 2.05.3xx with the optimal now on 2.04.8xx! Unfortunately, this is where it ends for me. My eyes are burning from only 4 hours sleep, I cannot repeat that.

I had silver before yesterday on the Tokyo TT with 2.06.7xx, but I knew I could get inside Gold (2.05.8xx at that time).

So I did a session last night. I have a love/hate relationship with this TT; I love both the track and the car (not visually though) but I can only manage one clean lap every 6 laps (avg)! I managed to gold it fairly early and easy but it got so addictive that I could not stop. After 2 hours and 300km on the rent Ferrari, I managed to lower it to 2.05.4xx but I knew I had more, the optimal was 2.05.0xx!

Today, I woke up early and only thing in my mind was to start the PS and do some more laps! After another 200km, I managed to lower it to 2.05.3xx with the optimal now on 2.04.8xx! Unfortunately, this is where it ends for me. My eyes are burning from only 4 hours sleep, I cannot repeat that.
Great going Mate. A lot depends on one's mental state. If I'm tired or upset, no matter what I won't be able to even get a clean lap onboard. But if I'm fresh or happy in general, I wouldn't mind lapping 50 times in order to improve. Self belief or confidence also matters when we're mentally ready to take on the challenge.

I improved enough yesterday to get Gold for now. It all depends if the top leaders don't lower the bar much further. But this TT is fun & driving around Tokyo despite closed wall barriers is intoxicating somewhat.

Haven't posted on here since Sunday night, got tired so I took a small break from the TT's. I wonder what will be next. Here's my prediction:

BMW M3 '97
Medium tires
Nurburgring GP or Monza

But it is up to PD to decide where we do each TT.

Back