Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,597 comments
Maybe I just missed it when they announced the event
Well... I put it in the original article so...
all participating players will receive a Honda Civic (FL5) Type R in special Super Taikyu Series 2024 livery and an avatar for use in GT7 which commemorates the 60th anniversary of Honda’s participation in F1
Though the fact this now says it's a PSN avatar in the PD version is new and unsurprising.

Last edited:
I tried the 2 Honda new TTs, I have an opti 2:29.4, we'll see if its needed.

U17:
1000022519.jpg

Classic (adults?) :
1000022518.jpg

Last edited:
What's U17 ? It is up to a certain age ?
I suppose it's like last year, one TT for under 17 and one for everyone. I tried both, last year I got gold on both and the rewards. Except last year the TTs were different (Civic on Suzuka for U17, and on nurb for the big boys), this time those are the same, both with the old F1 honda.

Last year there was a form to fill in with your age and stuff, but this time jsute a page to accept, and that's it. Oh well, Hope we can get 2M + 2M !

Last edited:
I suppose it's like last year, one TT for under 17 and one for everyone. I tried both, last year I got gold on both and the rewards. Except last year the TTs were different (Civic on Suzuka for U17, and on nurb for the big boys), this time those are the same, both with the old F1 honda.

Last year there was a form to fill in with your age and stuff, but this time jsute a page to accept, and that's it. Oh well, Hope we can get 2M + 2M !
Just from briefly skimming the legal doc I got the impression that in Japan there's some further step in the challenge beyond just these time trials and that being over 17 would prevent one from taking part in that...maybe I'm wrong though.

The age thing really isn’t that deep, just enter both to get the credits. If someone over 17 finished in the top 10 of the U17 challenge then they simply wouldn’t get chosen for the live event and they’d pick the next person of correct age.

Had a quick go and managed to get into the 28’s currently, plenty of room for improvement!

IMG_0100.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a guide for the latest time trial which I will be coming out of esports retirement to try hard on I think 😜 . Found it very fun, only got to do 45 minutes as it was on my lunch and was surprised it had appeared! I love time trialling but do expect that gold time to come down.

Guys, this is almost a bit creepy. I swear I am not saying this to brag, I'll be the first to admit that I had a hard time golding the Rampage event, and I needed 15 attempts to even complete a valid lap at Spa in the Honda, but with this RBR event it seems ... downright easy to get into the top 100

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

1722620212908.png

I can comfortably string together low 1.38 times and had three 1:37s in the last 30 minute session. Am I truly the only one who drives this thing with assists on? That's the only explanation that makes sense to me. I fail to believe I have somehow become a "rain alien" over night.

Here's the lap for your consideration :)

Hi guys (and Greek),

Back to RBR with my Manthey RSR with the objective to getting close to the yellow zone. My current PB is (a mediocre) 1:41.316.
The first laps were painful, complicated, and not satisfying, mostly because of my driving: not enough smooth, braking too hard, etc. The RSR is still a fabulous machine, even on rainy conditions but I must adapt my drive to the track.

I had a first tiny improvement (1:41.2xx) with the clear feeling that I could go faster:

1722619852855.png

Then, I've decided to test the Ferrari to compare these 2 GR.3.

1722619937076.png

1722620033782.png

1722620050099.png

Ma que bella macchina <3

During the first lap, I had the feeling that I was "a bit" slower with the 458. And very surprisingly, I was only 0.200 from my PB scored with the Porsche. So, I've decided to push more and in the next session, I've finally scored in the 1:40 with a very good margin (-0.5 sec).

1722620274188.png

And apparently, there are plenty of tenths on the table:

1722620386442.png

The Ferrari will be my car for this TT.
The yellow zone is still far from my car but I'm getting closer.

ATTACKE!!!

What's U17 ? It is up to a certain age ?
Under 17cms? :dopey:

Just from briefly skimming the legal doc I got the impression that in Japan there's some further step in the challenge beyond just these time trials and that being over 17 would prevent one from taking part in that...maybe I'm wrong though.

The age thing really isn’t that deep, just enter both to get the credits. If someone over 17 finished in the top 10 of the U17 challenge then they simply wouldn’t get chosen for the live event and they’d pick the next person of correct age.
Are you sure? I read somewhere that to get into the U17 you have to link your tiktok account.
This is quite a restriction

Back