Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,600 comments
Hey Martin, how are you ok? What's up after your abduction... :rolleyes: ?
Thanks for caring Daniel. But don't worry.
They tried, but had no chance.
Too fat to fly 😉
fat cat GIF

You better use some credits soon so you don't miss out on the 2 mil ;)
I've got so used to being frugal with the credits that I can't change that any more 😆

Lol dang, you got almost 100M? How did you grind that much?
Currently I am just living from the TT rewards.
To be honest, I didn't grind anymore since I had all the cars, because grinding for them was too annoying 🙄
Better not talk about about the game economy (especially here) 😉

Last edited:
Thanks for caring Daniel. But don't worry.
They tried, but had no chance.
Too fat to fly 😉
Top 300 is more than flying... :lol: #JustSaying
Currently I am just living from the TT rewards.
To be honest, I didn't grind anymore since I had all the cars, because grinding for them was too annoying 🙄
Better not talk about about the game economy (especially here) 😉
Since I've completed my car collection, I've stopped grinding too. It was really boring, and doesnt bring any skills.

After bough all the cars, all the rims, all the paints, am I buying all the tires for all my cars?
You have no evidence... :dopey:

Drag the RBR time down to 1:38.1s. Turn 3 is really my biggest problem atm, my apex speed is just way too low.

On the other hand.....I got turn 1 figured out, and was even ahead of Tidg's ghost a few time (off set 0.0)! Sector 3 I can get it to about 1/10 of Tidg, mainly last corner I can't get the turn in right.

So yeah.....2nd sector......get it right and don't screw up the rest and I can get a serious good time to challenge @Dolph Drago miracle lap 🙈

Last edited:
so awesome when you're half way through a lap and you're up like 9 tenths on your PB and that thought momentarily crosses your mind - "all I need to do now is run the rest of this lap like I always do and I'll be up almost a second!" And then you muff up the very next corner...a corner that you never muff up! lol

Drag the RBR time down to 1:38.1s. Turn 3 is really my biggest problem atm, my apex speed is just way too low.

On the other hand.....I got turn 1 figured out, and was even ahead of Tidg's ghost a few time (of set 0.0)! Sector 3 I can get it to about 1/10 of Tidg, mainly last corner I can't get the turn in right.

So yeah.....2nd sector......get it right and don't screw up the rest and I can get a serious good time to challenge @Dolph Drago miracle lap 🙈
I can't wait to try that one, very RBR tired but ill take it in the wet 😁
Going to be a busy day Monday next week 🤣

so awesome when you're half way through a lap and you're up like 9 tenths on your PB and that thought momentarily crosses your mind - "all I need to do now is run the rest of this lap like I always do and I'll be up almost a second!" And then you muff up the very next corner...a corner that you never muff up! lol
hey ! I don't allow you to read my mind !

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

Gah! I dropped back down into bronze for Eiger Nordwand. I just don’t know how people do it, haha! Ah well, it’s not like it’s often for me to get bronzes, anyway, as this might only be my second one. I could’ve sworn that I heard to keep the car in 3rd gear as I go through that first sector, too. Is there not some sort of technique to the track I’m unaware of?

Wow, July was completely insane! So busy! Finally getting back online after not touching GT7 in nearly a month.

50+ new pages on this thread so I doubt I'll be able to go back and catch up.

Very happy with the cars and track in the new 1.49 update, and seems I still have 4 days to play with the Subaru at Eiger.

First order of business - figure out if there's a way to fix the massively tweaked FFB on the G Pro after this update!! Seems are some ideas, but need to do some more reading / experimentation!

I finally got into the silver times at Eiger Nordwand, changing the ABS to weak seems to have helped but that may have been my imagination. I was very close to giving up! I think I'm far enough into the silver times to be safe at least.

I'm slidin' in the rain
Just slidin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm now in 1:39.880
I'm laughing at clouds.
So dark up above,
The 458 is in my heart
And I'm ready for love.

Let the friendly aliens chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the pit lane
With a happy rankin'
Just sliding,
Sliding in the rain
Winning in the rain

1722705754617.png

1722705801403.png

1722706120629.png

ATTACKE!!! :mischievous:

Original lyrics by Arthur Freed ;)

The rain doesn't scare me. I've already clocked a time in the 1'46.000's. If I can watch the top 500 replays, I can see what lines and braking points they used. Now I used the 458 Italia car but I wonder if I should try a couple others.

I've only had 1 invalidated lap out of 34.

Any wheel users may have PTSD after this is over. I'm sticking with what works best for me which is the controller.

Last edited:
Finally got some time to lap today. Very late to the Eiger party. Love the car, not the track. Was never a fan of Eiger.

It's not an easy one at all. Took me almost 200km to get into the gold. My optimals are in the .1xx but I doubt I want to chase here.

Happy Hunting everyone!!!

191196465ce23-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Gogga I think the reason Eiger is such a hard track is because it is narrow, has some downhill sections and it has some twisted turns. I keep mucking up Sector 3.

It's always a roll of the dice. I never know what will happen. Whether I go too fast and hit the wall or drive slow and not hit it while losing time. It's a risk too great.

@Gogga I think the reason Eiger is such a hard track is because it is narrow, has some downhill sections and it has some twisted turns. I keep mucking up Sector 3.

It's always a roll of the dice. I never know what will happen. Whether I go too fast and hit the wall or drive slow and not hit it while losing time. It's a risk too great.
It's more of a tight and twisty tarmac rally stage.

Brake earlier into the turns and floor it on the exit. This Scooby handles like a dream.

Goodluck.

@half_sourly I am checking numbers on Eiger Nordwand TT and see that from our group only 3 people are within first 100. (Regular aliens, Jonitkis, Djolliea and Erazer) Isn't it pretty unusual, right, because if I remember correctly I can regularly see people getting alien badge and being P15-ish on our leaderboard. I know we don't have a difficulty scale, but if we pretty often have many more than 3 getting alien badge, then Eiger Nordwand TT must be pretty difficult for many?( If scale is how many aliens badges our group get per TT. )

@half_sourly I am checking numbers on Eiger Nordwand TT and see that from our group only 3 people are within first 100. (Regular aliens, Jonitkis, Djolliea and Erazer) Isn't it pretty unusual, right, because if I remember correctly I can regularly see people getting alien badge and being P15-ish on our leaderboard. I know we don't have a difficulty scale, but if we pretty often have many more than 3 getting alien badge, then Eiger Nordwand TT must be pretty difficult for many?( If scale is how many aliens badges our group get per TT. )
It is low but it is not over. Naxeht usually comes in late with a top 100. There have been 3s recently, example TT81 and 84, and some 4s.

Re we don't have a difficulty scale: yes we do. See main table in the opening post.
Thread 'Time Trial - Results and Community Leader Boards' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/time-trial-results-and-community-leader-boards.424113/

Rank column is my attempt at a difficulty scale.

Last edited:
Another tiny improvement with my 458 GT3 Martini Racing.

1722717596202.png

The first and last sector are now almost correct. I've gained -0.5 sec on the last one since yesterday.
Only the central part remains very delicate to pilot as quickly as I would like (as usual).

Good news, optimals are very optimistics but I don't know if I will be able to stick all those sectors in the same lap.

1722717760885.png

1722717782867.png

Gold is almost impossible for me, so I'm realistic and my objectives are to get close to my optimals and finish in Top 5000.

Last edited:
Gave myself a bit more breathing room in silver in the Rampage...

View attachment 1377981

I'm hoping I can maybe sneak into silver at RBR as well. Driving in the wet stuff seems to be a lot better with the new physics.
Maybe I can get a sub 1'57.000 here. I'm at 1'59.889. I gotta admit though, driving in the Rampage is more pleasant than the Group 3 monster trial on wet roads. 50% of the time I'll spin out even though I am using wet tires. Plus I even have the TCS set at 5 and it still occasionally. You're not planning on getting gold at RBR? Well it does look rough to achieve. I'll watch your replays and see if I can replicate what you did.

Hi guys,
I'd like to elect a track as personal TT to come back to it from time to time and measure the improvement.
I'm not sure yet about the car, maybe the little Mazda, maybe the radical, however not powerful car.
What track do you advice? It should be technical enough to propose different challenges. Current thinking is Spa.

As for current TTs...
Eiger I figured out a bit more today. GrB is not much my stuff, but should be a safe silver
TM is still work in progress. The car is... challenging...
Honda TT, I think I will like a lot, but haven't put the coin in yet

The Trial Mountain and RBR TTs can kick rocks with open-toe shoes. This TT is where it's at 😎. I'm happy the joy of driving this wee beastie survived the physics update. I think I have another half second to find around here. Gotta turn much earlier than expected and try to keep the revs up off baseline on corner exit. chef's kiss

1911a681a1314-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
zjn
Hi guys,
I'd like to elect a track as personal TT to come back to it from time to time and measure the improvement.
I'm not sure yet about the car, maybe the little Mazda, maybe the radical, however not powerful car.
What track do you advice? It should be technical enough to propose different challenges. Current thinking is Spa.

As for current TTs...
Eiger I figured out a bit more today. GrB is not much my stuff, but should be a safe silver
TM is still work in progress. The car is... challenging...
Honda TT, I think I will like a lot, but haven't put the coin in yet
Hey, you're back. So what was your time at Eiger because you are not on my friends list yet. Well my main goal is to get all silver's on these TT's. At least I'll earn an extra 5M for my hard work and perseverance. It is easier said than done. So, how have you been doing overall this past month with the current time trials? I've been hanging in there. It's been tough but I've made it through and didn't give up.

Last edited:
The Trial Mountain and RBR TTs can kick rocks with open-toe shoes. This TT is where it's at 😎. I'm happy the joy of driving this wee beastie survived the physics update. I think I have another half second to find around here. Gotta turn much earlier than expected and try to keep the revs up off baseline on corner exit. chef's kiss

View attachment 1378039

Agreed.....this is a fun one to try and grind out better and better laps.

2:29.442 optimal at the moment. I think I can shave a few 1/10th off this BP if I can tidy up Eau Rouge/Raidillon, this thing can be a bit of a handful through there.

IMG_3181.jpg

Back