Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,608 comments
First run at Eiger in the Subaru. Couldn’t get the hang of using the handbrake consistently so ditched it quite quickly and just concentrated on trying to get the car to rotate (easier said than done) - this feels respectable and certainly safe for gold :cheers:
View attachment 1378215
Hey man, it's look like you had a good time there. Have a great Sunday everyone, great day for hot lapping and chatting with friends. I'll keep y'all updated on my progress at Trial Mountain, I'd say that one is my all-time favorite TT. I love the feel and design of the Rampage car.

Sorry my Daniel (@Pesselles )....
View attachment 1378217 😂😂😊😊
New little improvement at 1'39'540 with optimal time at 1'39'009

View attachment 1378218
Flirt GIF by The Vibe is Right

well done Jérome !!

Jerome's on a roll here! We should get him a gift for all his hard work. Maybe we should give him some nice warm tea and scones!

Last edited:
Still working on RBR with my 458 GT3 Martini Racing.

View attachment 1378159

It's only a tiny improvement (-0.150) while there are others tenths on the table:

View attachment 1378154

View attachment 1378155

View attachment 1378156

I'm so slow on the 2nd sector I feel I'm driving with the handbrake on.
To understand where and why I'm losing so much time, I've compared my sectors to @Tidgney 's video guide:

TidgneyPesselles (average scores)
S 124.13224.400
S 242.29543.700
S 330.64331.600

I perfectly understand why Tidgney is faster than me but a 1.5 sec gap on a single sector is clearly the signal I'm doing something wrong here. A 2 sec gap on the all lap would be logical based on my skills. I don't expect to enter the Top 100 or to gold this TT but I should be able to score a flat 43 in this sector.

Settings of my car: wet tires, ABS default, countersteer strong.

The replay is available for those who have time to watch and advice:

View attachment 1378158
Honestly I started with intermediates ( a 1:38.4 something). I saw people doing good times with wet, so I tried. And it's so much worse, the car doesn't turn, it's really slow. I know some aliens do great times with wets, but you really should try inters.

Honestly I started with intermediates ( a 1:38.4 something). I saw people doing good times with wet, so I tried. And it's so much worse, the car doesn't turn, it's really slow. I know some aliens do great times with wets, but you really should try inters.
That’s weird… could be a car thing? I tried inters on the 911 and couldn’t get on with them so went back to the wet tire.

I didn't go on GT7 for long today, didn't really have the bug for it again.

Tried the WRX before it finishes and I can see why people have split opinions about the physics update.

As you drive it more you do adjust to it but this car was nothing like the Ferrari at Tokyo which felt really good and was a blast to drive.

I was struggling to find a balance between understeer and oversteer, felt like it had a mind of it's own.

@Barareklam I agree it is definitely not easy on motion steering, but you have done an amazing job with that time.

My first 13 laps were all red, lap 14 was green and I stopped there for a little break as it was frustrating me.

I went for another 7 laps and still didn't get on with it, although I was faster than Tidgney's ghost going around the long right hand corner at the pit entrance and getting onto the stretch after it, but I am slower everywhere else.

Just can't be consistent with it at all so I'm leaving this one at silver as my optimal is only just in gold so I'm not pushing for it.

1000010797.jpg
1000010798.jpg

Was hoping to enjoy this one on this classic track 😢

Merci for your reply Manou, really appreciate :)

I've also tried the inters on the RSR and the 458. The feeling are not so different for me (I'm a basic player, so I probably don't know how to appreciate the differences between inters and wets). Now, I'm comfortable with wets, and will probably stay with till the end. If I get close to 1:39 flat, I'll try again the inters before the end (just to not die like an idiot).

My only and real concern is that damned 2nd sector where I'm too slow by 0.5 sec. minimum :banghead:

1722802036875.jpeg

Here is a typical lap with 1st (24.314) and 3rd (31.535) sectors "as usual = 90% of my laps" and the 2nd sector is... :irked::yuck::ouch::mad::dunce:
Still 10 days to find the key to unlock the door to the 1:39 flat.

Me too, I've been driving it without assists except ABS weak, not the brightest idea, especially given my abilities on the wet 😅
This is not your Scenic, you can push A BIT MORE ;)
I've applied TC1 on this session, it's a bit more grippy but maybe a bit slow too.

Last edited:
Some slight improvement everywhere. I'm under time constraints so I'm rolling through the tt without focusing on any in particular.

1911f07199e31-screenshotUrl.jpg

1911f07d38b77-screenshotUrl.jpg

I think I'm done with eiger, hopefully the silver will stay.
TM is problably where I still am in the early learning stage.
RB is starting to trigger. Tc2 does nothing to me while full wet tyres do. It took 4 laps to lower my record by half a second. Quite interesting challenge
Spa looks nice with the cigar car, but there is lot of time there. Tidgney ghost is flying at radillon

I had to go back to RB as my previous time got knocked into silver. So did a 38.4; hopefully that'll be safe, but this one might get a lot of attention as it's likely the conditions the competitors will racing in next week.

Only thing that irks me about the RB TT is on the second to last right hander the car gets crazy loose on braking. Like, I hit the brakes, even at ~80%, and the rear snaps around. It's not a problem on T1, T3, T4, T6, or T7, but that T9 the car just wants to spin. Using the Ferrari on IMs. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Feel like I’ve caught up a bit now… after Eiger this morning I managed to grab a first run in the Rampage. I must say, these new TT are all super fun. Don’t know whether it’s the physics or just the combinations but the driving feels more intuitive to me now. I’m no quicker, but I’m having more fun (and that’s what counts)! The Rampage is a bit of a weapon as long as its pointed in roughly the right direction 😂
1722808290867.jpeg

I might come back to this one, and also try RBR again with Inters and TCS. For now though, I’m pleased to have all these safely in gold.
1722808314460.jpeg

Dang, Eiger is a bitch to earn silver on! I'm not joking at all. I'm sure some will agree with me on this. The track is narrow so it's risky driving fast through the turns/corners. Out of 72 laps, 48 of mine were invalidated. Very frustrating TT if you ask me.

Ugh, I hope I'm not gonna get another bronze medal, but Eiger is kicking my butt. I keep hitting the wall somewhere either on Sector 2 or 3. It's very nerve-racking and gets me stressed. So when the fun stops, I'm stopping. How are you guys coming along there? I love the new track but it's too narrow. But I'll just have to cope with it and the track limits.

Had two productive sessions this weekend.

Hit golden territory at Trial Mt.
At first glance I thought it would be yet another irritating TT where you struggle with the car in each and every corner.
But the more you dig in the more it gives you.
Yes, RS Rampage is floaty, heavy and likes to spin out on your every mistake. But after a dozen of laps you get to know each other better, you learn how to tame and control this grumpy bulky lady.
Smooth and firm are the essential ingredients here.

Can probably make it to the high 1:53s here, but that'll take some focus time.

The braking point for both straights (T1 and the one after the tunnel) are somewhat of a wild guess every time. What do you guys use as a marker there?
Finding the perfect line through the last three corners is crucial for a decent lap. No need to shoft lower than the 3rd (unless you try to save yourself with engine braking after missing the elusive braking points on the straights).

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240804010750.jpg

Also had another focus time at Eiger.
Still don't like the feel of the car, but had to secure the gold.
Managed to improve by almost half a second on a very lucky lap. Cannot describe the process through the first 2 sectors other than a frenetic dance of handbrake and throttle.
The southmost long spoon definitely has some time to pick up, so high 1:03 is a possibility here. But my sanity is probably worth more.
Lovely engine sound though!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240805020000.jpg

Had two productive sessions this weekend.

Hit golden territory at Trial Mt.
At first glance I thought it would be yet another irritating TT where you struggle with the car in each and every corner.
But the more you dig in the more it gives you.
Yes, RS Rampage is floaty, heavy and likes to spin out on your every mistake. But after a dozen of laps you get to know each other better, you learn how to tame and control this grumpy bulky lady.
Smooth and firm are the essential ingredients here.

Can probably make it to the high 1:53s here, but that'll take some focus time.

The braking point for both straights (T1 and the one after the tunnel) are somewhat of a wild guess every time. What do you guys use as a marker there?
Finding the perfect line through the last three corners is crucial for a decent lap. No need to shoft lower than the 3rd (unless you try to save yourself with engine braking after missing the elusive braking points on the straights).

View attachment 1378338

Also had another focus time at Eiger.
Still don't like the feel of the car, but had to secure the gold.
Managed to improve by almost half a second on a very lucky lap. Cannot describe the process through the first 2 sectors other than a frenetic dance of handbrake and throttle.
The southmost long spoon definitely has some time to pick up, so high 1:03 is a possibility here. But my sanity is probably worth more.
Lovely engine sound though!

View attachment 1378339
Are you a professional at Eiger. I'm starting to hate the way this track is designed. I love the buildings,cabins and other things in the setting. But again I say it's too narrow and easy to run into the wall.

That’s a great lap! Were you on inters or wets?
Inters and I stayed out of the racing line as much as possible. Feels really planted mostly. I got gold without TCS but my best lap was TCS 2.

1912019474640-screenshotUrl.jpg

That was without TCS at all. I think I'll grind this a little more. I didn't put a ton of laps in here. It was a pretty lucky lap though. My optimal was not ever that fast. 😂

Back