Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,620 comments

Well, that's it. No more Eiger TT's, I don't care what car it is. Almost 200 laps and nothing much, you can see I made one more effort with the MT and you see how that went, down south. Good, another HSR TT, I did gold the LM55 one back a year ago.

My placement was not the best, i was ranked 77,946th at Eiger, so a majority of players were faster than me, :boggled:

I swear!...

My placement was not the best, i was ranked 77,946th at Eiger, so a majority of players were faster than me,
Without people forming the end of a line, there cant be people in front of the line.
As much as it propably might hurt ones own pride, but realistically recognizing the own limits and setting goals around them is much better than trying to shoot for the stars with a slingshot for a rocket.
One step at a time is faster than jumping and tripping, but tripping will still happen and is necessary.

So, let's try the guessing game again, shall we? I predict I'll be 34,726th at the end :lol:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240808102008.jpg

Last edited:
Well can you guys add me on your friends list. It won't necessarily help me go faster and improve but at least I can compare my times and figure out where I'm not gaining time. It would be a help and a start. Maybe I should go back to loading ghosts and follow them, I stopped doing that in March, so it's been 5 months. My PSN id is under my Chris30 name.

Last edited:
The results for TT91 at Eiger Nordwand in the Subaru Impreza Rally Car '98 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community scoreboards.

Interim Results for TT92 at Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse in the Roadster Shop Rampage. At this interim stage it is the 25th most difficult TT to date on my difficulty-o-meter.
1723108647949.png

1723108535963.png
1723108576234.png

1723108796345.png
LB.png
Interim.png

TTC.png

Last edited:
The results for TT91 at Eiger Nordwand in the Subaru Impreza Rally Car '98 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community scoreboards.

Interim Results for TT92 at Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse in the Roadster Shop Rampage. At his interim stage it is the 25th most difficult TT to date on my difficulty-o-meter.
View attachment 1379248

View attachment 1379246 View attachment 1379247

They have really ramped up the difficulty recently.

Rally, wet, drifty, retro with little FFB! 😝

Maybe I should go back to loading ghosts and follow them, I stopped doing that in March, so it's been 5 months.
Almost 200 laps and nothing much
I know that I've said this before, because you're not one for actually heeding advice*, but what exactly are you learning by doing 200 laps with only yourself to compare your laps to?

You don't get faster just by spending more time, and you don't get better if you don't know where to improve. All you're doing is following yourself... for four hours.

Five or ten laps is enough to know where you are. Anything beyond that is a waste of time if you're not clear where you can improve and you don't get there by following yourself or by looking at other people's leaderboard times.

Find a ghost on your friends list that's faster than you by only a little bit. Set the ghost to reset at each sector and with a +0.3 or +0.4s offset. Follow it, to find out where it's gaining time on you, and improve until you're faster than it. Then find a new ghost that's a little faster than you and repeat.

And stop setting yourself unrealistic goals. You're not going to get three seconds faster on a 90-second lap. Especially not if you keep wasting time by not employing methods that will help you improve, or spending several hours a day posting inanities here and replying to posts without actually reading them*.

*For an example of both of these things, there's a dozen people telling you (and videos showing you) in this thread to short-shift the Impreza at Eiger. Did you do that? Nope, your video shows you revving it right out...

That makes sense. I don’t think PD can split it. We don’t want mileage to accrue because then there would be wear and tear, plus other variables.
Doesn't really make sense to me. I would like to have the hours I spend in the TTs added on to my overall stats in terms of time spent driving in the game. It shouldn't have anything to do with the individual car mileage - which are often rentals anyway.

Hi guys (and Greek)

Apparently, we have to come back in Japan at HSR with the Porsche Legend (of understeer...).

On the @smoothbore12 scale of "How is easy to gold this TT", this one have a 8, meaning even GOD himself could gold it.
So, super very easy for 99% of us.

And indeed after only few laps with a ghost, I'm already in yellow territory. The WR was lighlty improved since but it should hold till the end.

1723111452865.jpeg

@Gogga will notice the similar 2.53 and 253.... :lol:

I don't have many expectations here, except joining the "1:01" Club just for the fun:
1723111695299.png

1723111713704.png

Once it'll be done, I'll go back to the Rocky Mountains.

Happy lapping, friends ;)

The latest guide for you! It can be a bit annoying this one with the walls but a few accelerating markers and hopefully of some help!

Jumped back on and got close to my theoritcal, then beat my time again (1:00.464) and improved my theoritical. I think my gold estimate should now say 1:02.000 rather than .1 as my optimums is a 1:00.2xx but there's not much more than that in the lap in my opinion

Last edited:
Hi guys (and Greek)

Apparently, we have to come back in Japan at HSR with the Porsche Legend (of understeer...).

On the @smoothbore12 scale of "How is easy to gold this TT", this one have a 8, meaning even GOD himself could gold it.
So, super very easy for 99% of us.

And indeed after only few laps with a ghost, I'm already in yellow territory. The WR was lighlty improved since but it should hold till the end.

View attachment 1379261

@Gogga will notice the similar 2.53 and 253.... :lol:

I don't have many expectations here, except joining the "1:01" Club just for the fun:
View attachment 1379262

View attachment 1379263

Once it'll be done, I'll go back to the Rocky Mountains.

Happy lapping, friends ;)
Excellent time there!

You are taking it to another level, matching % to position and times to PP even :lol:

I know that I've said this before, because you're not one for actually heeding advice*, but what exactly are you learning by doing 200 laps with only yourself to compare your laps to?

You don't get faster just by spending more time, and you don't get better if you don't know where to improve. All you're doing is following yourself... for four hours.

Five or ten laps is enough to know where you are. Anything beyond that is a waste of time if you're not clear where you can improve and you don't get there by following yourself or by looking at other people's leaderboard times.

Find a ghost on your friends list that's faster than you by only a little bit. Set the ghost to reset at each sector and with a +0.3 or +0.4s offset. Follow it, to find out where it's gaining time on you, and improve until you're faster than it. Then find a new ghost that's a little faster than you and repeat.

And stop setting yourself unrealistic goals. You're not going to get three seconds faster on a 90-second lap. Especially not if you keep wasting time by not employing methods that will help you improve, or spending several hours a day posting inanities here and replying to posts without actually reading them*.

*For an example of both of these things, there's a dozen people telling you (and videos showing you) in this thread to short-shift the Impreza at Eiger. Did you do that? Nope, your video shows you revving it right out...
Maybe we should take @TumeK5 's advice and stop yelling at the wall hoping it will break through 🤪

Soooo... what's up with this? Another TT available? I've nnot turned my PS5 on yet so just going by the website:

296_ba4b071eea886da19cb99672cb2e588b.png

Also of note, according to the website the two RA272 TTs expire on 9/15 but within the game it says they expire on 9/1. I trust the game, but if you're not paying close attention just know you have less time than what the site says (I assume).

Soooo... what's up with this? Another TT available? I've nnot turned my PS5 on yet so just going by the website:

296_ba4b071eea886da19cb99672cb2e588b.png

Also of note, according to the website the two RA272 TTs expire on 9/15 but within the game it says they expire on 9/1. I trust the game, but if you're not paying close attention just know you have less time than what the site says (I assume).

I haven’t been able to dig up anything about the AMG TT on their own website, so I guess we’ll have to wait for the announcement.

As for the Honda TTs, I’m pretty sure those two TTs’ results will remain in game for two weeks after it ends. You obviously won’t be able to set a time, but everyone will be able to see the final results in game without having visit the Sport Mode site.

Back