Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,626 comments
Yeah, and the part after that. The goal is to get through the section as quick as possible without even scraping the walls.
Understand The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

Last edited:
Because every day must count, why not joining the next Clash of the Titans today et 6PM CET?

It's free, it's fun, it's addictive, it's gluten free, and it's Titanium friendly ! (no orange, sorry Glen....)

1723366248805.png

Sometimes I wonder if this is a real account or some AI/ChatGPT :D Never change Chris!
No, I'm human. Btw I got silver at HSR finally, 1'02.914. I've never actually driven a car irl sadly because people wouldn't let me due to my autism/disability. So I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to advanced skillful driving. Lol, now you guys think I'm a robot. Can a robot do this?

Robot GIF by Europeana

I'm sure @Evilmuffin will laugh and get a kick of what Vule said about questioning if I'm human or not, xD.

Last edited:
After reading in your comments about the 917 on HSR, that the combo is probably not that much fun, I decided to come back to the Red Bull Ring yesterday because the wet track is really challenging.
I managed to do a few nice laps.
1000015713.jpg

1000015714.jpg

My optimum would be 1:37.545.
But that is utopian, because I have at least one sector in every lap that is not better than average and not the patience to bring it together. 😠

Today nevertheless I visited the HSR. The combo is only moderately fun IMO and can't compete with the nice weather outside 😎
Probably I won't come back to this one 🙄
1000015712.jpg

Last edited:
After reading in your comments about the 917 on HSR, that the combo is probably not that much fun, I decided to come back to the Red Bull Ring yesterday because the wet track is really challenging.
I managed to do a few nice laps.
View attachment 1380090
View attachment 1380091
My optimum would be 1:37.545.
But that is utopian, because I have at least one sector in every lap that is not better than average and not the patience to bring it together. 😠

Today nevertheless I visited the HSR. The combo is only moderately fun IMO and can't compete with the nice weather outside 😎
Probably I won't come back to this one 🙄
View attachment 1380092
🐱--> 👽

Because every day must count, why not joining the next Clash of the Titans today et 6PM CET?

It's free, it's fun, it's addictive, it's gluten free, and it's Titanium friendly ! (no orange, sorry Glen....)

View attachment 1380067

Some replays are available for everyone (and for posterity):

1723397855701.png

1723397883186.png

1723397928211.png

Thank you guys, you're FA-BU-LOUS ♥ ♥ ♥

After a frustrating session not being able to improve my time at the Red Bull Ring yesterday, I decided to go back to the High Speed Ring today even though I didn't really want to. Despite the many red laps, I felt much more comfortable in the car than the last time out. I was surprised to break into the 1:00's, honestly. There was actually some space between my car and the wall coming out of turn 2. And though I missed both apexes in sector 2 by a mile, I was 2 tenths faster through that section than any of my other laps. Very odd, but I'll take it.
IMG_3487.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1380067

Thanks for the racing gents. What a a Titanic day together.

Even with TCS on at 1, the Rampage still seems like a handful. I’m fine with my time that’s decently into silver range, but I definitely don’t see myself shaving off nearly two whole seconds to get into gold range for this one.

Unfortunately I was unable to take part in the Titans' Race today. To cope with this (and to bring this thread back to topic 😅), I needed a mindless, almost meditative distraction.
The 917 on the high-speed ring is perfect for this 😉
View attachment 1380213
Weekly races number two take the Subaru we used today. Makes it fun and exciting! Only tuning I did was with power. Easy and simple fun.

1 and done with the Porsche around High Speed Ring. Rank has dropped to 135th but I'm not doing another session here as it is quite a frustrating combination. Optimum was a 1:00.75X, so almost maximised my potential here.

Has anyone else had issues when downshifting with the car essentially disengaging the clutch? I've found that coming into T2 and T3, once finished downshifting the car will disengage the clutch and roll through the corner, taking a fraction of a second to re-engage the clutch once throttle is applied. Really ruins your momentum and concentration, which is particularly important on a track where the margin for error is quite small and the barriers are always looming.

Also who's idea was it to make the little concrete strip on the outside of the final corner super slippery? Lost so many laps before they even started thanks to that.

Next up will be the Honda at Spa, before a combination I may actual enjoy comes out. Will never say no the doing laps at Bathurst!

1914469a17a90-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_441166438232683_1723306399346.jpg

HSR: I think it's realy kind of PD to give older guys like me a chance for gold from time to time. :D
During the first 12 laps Barry was such a nice guy, i just had to go and meet him ever and ever again.
After watching Tidgney's vid again, i corrected some of my guessed break points and finaly made it into gold:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240810194319.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240810194336.jpg

I also went back to TM. I just couldn't live with bronze. I did 2 sessions. In the first i managed to to break into 1:56, but not yet into gold. Went to watch Tidgney's video again and corrected some break and shifting points:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811152252.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811152315.jpg

A big thanks again at @Tidgney !!!

53916123713_c8483031db_o.jpg

I somehow made up half a second last night, putting me within striking distance of my brother's time. Thing is I won't be able to have another crack until Wednesday, unless I sacrifice a bit of practice for the ROOZ ACC league tonight. Anyway the most critical corner is actually turn 4, because it sets up your run from the exit of the last corner to turn 2. It's important because it allows you get a faster entry into turn 6, which SHOULD translate to a faster exit and a faster run into turn 1 on your next lap. You need to rip the top of turn 6 in order to get a good time, but that's not easy to do on a controller. I've gone into the barrier many times trying to get the ideal line because keeping a whisker's width to the wall requires an extremely accurate input.

Back