Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,647 comments
Hi everyone,

I used to post a lot on here for the livery competitions, I should have known there was a time trial group too. Having taken a break from GT7 I came back and have got into the TT races (I love me a good TT format) I had managed about 25 golds in a row (and about a million miles of trying) until I hit the Porsche at the Nordschliefe challenge a few weeks back, have got back on it since then and seeing how you guys all seem friendly I thought I'd drop a note.

I'm on a pad and while I used to be a bit of a demon on Dirt Rally, Driveclub, old GTs and the like I'm older now and getting a bit creaky so if I post a lap up don't laugh :)

I'm working on Golds at the HSR, Bathhurst and Laguna atm having managed to scrape in a Gold for the recent Trial Mountain TT, here's my Suburu @ Nordwand effort for anyone interested :cheers:

Last edited:
Chris, I know it’s easier said than done as we aren’t in your shoes, but the vast majority of the responses to you have been constructive so try not to take it in a negative way if you can. You have been given a lot of advice from a wide range of people to try and help you improve your times.

People have started to question some of the things you say as to be honest they often don’t make sense or are quite clearly not correct. It comes across like you are posting for the sake of posting and just plucking something out of thin air that isn’t relevant.

I think most would agree that we can sympathize with your personal struggles and are probably just a bit concerned as to how much time you spend every day on the time trials and this forum as it’s not sustainable in the long run for your wellbeing.

If you are able to strike a better balance for where you are spending your time and approach the time trials with a different mindset, you may find that you’ll see positive changes in both your lap times and in your personal life :)

Hi everyone,

I used to post a lot on here for the livery competitions, I should have known there was a time trial group too. Having taken a break from GT7 I came back and have got into the TT races (I love me a good TT format) I had managed about 25 golds in a row (and about a million miles of trying) until I hit the Porsche at the Nordschliefe challenge a few weeks back, have got back on it since then and seeing how you guys all seem friendly I thought I'd drop a note.

I'm on a pad and while I used to be a bit of a demon on Dirt Rally, Driveclub, old GTs and the like I'm older now and getting a bit creaky so if I post a lap up don't laugh :)

I'm working on Golds at the HSR, Bathhurst and Laguna atm having managed to scrape in a Gold for the recent Trial Mountain TT, here's my Suburu @ Nordwand effort for anyone interested :cheers:

Welcome back!

Tackled the Porsche one again and imporved my time alot , yes wooho!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240816142322.jpg

I think I can get into GOLD territory with enough attack and practice! LFG!

I have yet to set a lap in any of the current time trials. Just no time at the moment. Not a single lap at Spa, HSR or Bathurst :grumpy:
I am suffering from Time Trial withdrawals. I need my hot lapping fix.

I'll be back.

Happy Hunting Guys!! :cheers:
I think I must have given you my mindset some how 😂 I've been like this with the TTs for a while now.

G29 is getting set up at my gaming PC desk tomorrow along with the PS4 being moved there too, see how it feels from pad the wheel with the new physics.

Question for the Clio TT, seems that everyone is saying it is a pretty easy one to gold, but how come so mamy people are really high up on the leaderboard? If loads of peiple are golding it with really good times then surely others should be dropping down the board 🤷🏻‍♂️ everyone seems to be 1-1000 on this one.

Looks like it's a GTP gold leader board only 😂

Question for the Clio TT, seems that everyone is saying it is a pretty easy one to gold, but how come so mamy people are really high up on the leaderboard? If loads of peiple are golding it with really good times then surely others should be dropping down the board 🤷🏻‍♂️ everyone seems to be 1-1000 on this one.
The ease of golding is related to the time, not the rank. You need to be within 3% of the top time, regardless of how many people do it.

Back