Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,723 comments
On another note, these aliens really do look very human/life like cough @Jeje6410 cough ๐Ÿ˜‚

Also @Pesselles I guess this was you that I saw at Mount Panorama then, did they give you that DD as a present after the probing? ๐Ÿคฃ
Jealous (about the Fanatec, not the probing ๐Ÿ˜)

View attachment 1383033
I've decided to not respond to this unfair message where 2 honourable French players are named.
(no, this is not a response. At all)

I've decided to not respond to this unfair message where 2 honourable French Alien players are named.
(no, this is not a response. At all)
I think your autocorrect must have kicked in, corrected it for you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿคฃ

(p.s. I guess that's what they tell you to say before they send you back down to Earth ๐Ÿ‘ฝ)

Last edited:
There we go...one terrible gold, by just 0.03 :lol:

Gran Turismoโ„ข 7_20240822134120.jpg

no effort.jpg

I think your autocorrect must have kicked in, corrected it for you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿคฃ

(p.s. I guess that's what they tell you to say before they send you back down to Earth ๐Ÿ‘ฝ)
Dear @P-Courty,

โโŠ‘โŸŸโŒ‡ โ‹”โŽโŒ‡โ โŒ‡โโœโŒฟ.
โ™โŸ’ โƒโ€โŸ’ โŽŽโ€โŸ’โ‹โ˜ŠโŠ‘, โŠ‘โœโ‹โœโŽโ€โƒโšโŒฐโŸ’, โƒโ‹โŽ… โŽ…โœโ‹'โ โƒโ˜Šโ˜ŠโŸ’โŒฟโ โโŠ‘โŸ’โŒ‡โŸ’ โ˜Šโœโ‹โŒ‡โโƒโ‹โ โŽโŸ’โ€โšโƒโŒฐ โƒโ˜Œโ€โŸ’โŒ‡โŒ‡โŸŸโœโ‹โŒ‡!

Thanks for your understanding.
Worst regards
D

:lol:

Dear @P-Courty,

โโŠ‘โŸŸโŒ‡ โ‹”โŽโŒ‡โ โŒ‡โโœโŒฟ.
โ™โŸ’ โƒโ€โŸ’ โŽŽโ€โŸ’โ‹โ˜ŠโŠ‘, โŠ‘โœโ‹โœโŽโ€โƒโšโŒฐโŸ’, โƒโ‹โŽ… โŽ…โœโ‹'โ โƒโ˜Šโ˜ŠโŸ’โŒฟโ โโŠ‘โŸ’โŒ‡โŸ’ โ˜Šโœโ‹โŒ‡โโƒโ‹โ โŽโŸ’โ€โšโƒโŒฐ โƒโ˜Œโ€โŸ’โŒ‡โŒ‡โŸŸโœโ‹โŒ‡!

Worst regards
D

Spit Take GIF

FYI, for any humans left on here, this is the translation ๐Ÿ˜‚
Dear @P-Courty,

this must stop.
we are french, honourable, and don't accept these constant verbal agressions!

Worst regards
D

Last edited:
I was pleased and surprised this morning that my Gold held on HSR by a mere tenth :cheers:

It's funny how that took about 15 laps and meanwhile over 70 laps in at Laguna Seca..... still in silver :banghead:

My problem is I can't leave it, it's there gnawing away in my head, I'll be back. Had a whizz around Spa in the Honda, love this car, and built a Tamiya replica recently of it. Even though I set a bronze lap I'm more confident of getting decent gains with more laps.

Recently took delivery of the AXC-Sim TrueBrake mod for my G29, so far so good. Currently 18th in the new Gr.2 at Suzuka with a 48.4, definitely feels like an improvement in terms of consistency and leads to some quicker laps. Anyone who may still be on the older Logitech wheels like me and looking for some braking improvement, give the TrueBrake a go! ๐Ÿ‘

My time for GT atm is barely existent, didn't even try the Barthurst TT yet, but after I saw one of my favorite tracks and classes in Suzuka and Group 2 (I'm probably one of very very few people here) I had to try some laps before work.

Didn't expect to be in the yellow range after only 2 laps which tells me that I hit my peak even earlier then usual or that there is still some time for me to gain.

Hopefully I have some time on the weekend because i really enjoy this combo.

Happy laping folks :cheers: :gtpflag:

View attachment 1383035
One of very few people here who like Gr.2? Whaat? No way, man. I think those cars are lovely to drive, the only critique here is that the particular combo is a repeat.

Wow.......the NSX Concept GT '16 car + RM tyres is magic. So much so that I'm enjoying driving around Suzuka - a track that I've never loved. Driving through the esses is like a dream. This car's handling, suspension & grip would make it an ideal choice for any track even with closed up walls like Tokyo.

20240822_180849.jpg

Just ran a few laps now to post a best of 1:51:712 that's good for Silver. This is one TT I'm looking forward to just because of the amazing car + tyre combo.

Got couple of hundreds closer to 1.20.xxx with AMG. Almost there. On the other hand, couple of not that good laps on Suzuka and already almost gold. What a nightmare this AMG TT. By far the hardest I've done.
I feel you. Half a dozen laps on Suzuka for a low 1:50.

Went back to Laguna Seca. Did a few sessions, no improvement. Last session, thought I'd absolutely nailed the lap:

1:21.9

FFS. I'm floundering.

Welcome back to Suzuka!

I came with a nice and smiling friend of mine:

1724337087735.jpeg

1724337103976.jpeg

Ok after some laps, I'm already 1 sec from the yellow territory (based on the current WR): 1:51.645

S1: 30.6xx to 31.0xx
S2: 18.6xx to 19.0xx
S3: 41.5xx to.... I'm losing tons of tenths because of the Spoon
S4: 20.4xx

The NSX have a total grip and it's hard to find its limits in some curbs (1st and 3rd sector).
I'll work on that damn 3rd sector to lose some extra tenths.

Can our Chief Data Scientist @half_sourly remind me my previous score on Sukuka with the NSX, please?

Can our Chief Data Scientist @half_sourly remind me my previous score on Sukuka with the NSX, please?
I'll do one better and teach you to fish. If you go to the latest TT results and download the Excel file, on the second tab you'll see full results for everyone currently on our scoreboards for all standard TTs. Then find the TT number you are interested in; one way it to use the index I have made in this post. So in this case that is TT40. So you were in position 26,567. Since you were at that time already a community scoreboard member, you can go to the results post for TT40 (link from the index) and you'll see your time was 1:52.643. Or you could find that TT on this page and select page 266.

Happy the 917 TT is in the record books now. I know there was a "perfect lap" in the gold zone out there, but I couldn't find it. That car's magnetic attraction to the barriers (I can't even call it understeer) also became tiring.

Historically, if I was down around 5,000 that would usually be indicative of a combo where you could use driver aids to get a decent lap (whereas in most cases CSA and stability control actually slow you down). With the new physics, I'm not so sure and I think it's something I'm doing, or not (DS4 on PS4).

I'm on a 1:21.6xx, which is 5,000+. When I load up a top ten ghost, they're just faster everywhere. Later braking, higher apex speeds, faster off the turn. Normally I can see some obvious issues but I'm scratching my head just now. Their cars turn in a way I've yet to figure out how to replicate, I can't even follow the line at a slower speed. Previously, I'd have seen that in a high downforce car, but not in Gr.3.

Whether it's a tyre temp thing (I think controller steering input on stick scrubs the tyres because you don't get a nice smooth consistent steering input, effectively literally over steering the car, which maybe overheats the tyres with new physics but the game is weird insofar as it makes a critical component of the physics i.e. temps invisible to players), I'm not sure. The usual shortcoming with change of direction on controller is evident at the corkscrew but that's probably only a few tenths.

I'm dropping over a second in both sector 2 and 3 and I can't figure out how to find the grip. Lifting off the gas doesn't bring the front end back and running in on a trailing throttle isn't sufficient to get the front end to bite. Accelerating just leads to running wide at the exit. When you look at what sector 3 actually involves i.e. the quick left, banked right and final tight left, losing over a second through there is nuts and indicative of an issue.
I'm in a similar situation, really scratching my head with this one, I've done so many laps but a 1:22.500 feels the same as my 1:21.899, I just can't identify where the speed is, what I'm missing and why I'm doing the same corners over and over but rarely in a way that feels familiar or progressive :confused: I think you could be right about tyre temps, the consistency of car behaviour seems weird to me

I'm not the best driver, but I can usually get golds 9 times out of 10 with much less effort than this one is taking.
Really interesting thoughts here. I've had the same experience. My first lap felt decent...until I crossed the finish line and saw it was a 1:26. I did a few more laps but became so aggravated that I rage shut off the PS5 and did something else. Came back later and got into the low 1:24's, which I am still not happy with.
For most TTs, I start at a "high bronze" and can get my way into the "low silver" range. For this one, I started at a "low bronze" and I'm not sure I'll get close to any silver.

My sector 1 and 3 are OK. It's sector 2 where I'm garbage. I get that my trail braking is always a work in progress - but it feels like nailing this track means nailing narrow windows for your braking, turn-in, and acceleration points. Otherwise, you're running wide or killing your momentum down the following straight.

Perhaps it's just as simple as this combination emphasizing the reflexes and other alien-like qualities more than most TTs. Similar to the X2019 TTs. It's no surprise that Kylian and Kaj are #1 and #2 - they are both ridiculously fast in the X2019, right?

I'll do one better and teach you to fish. If you go to the latest TT results and download the Excel file, on the second tab you'll see full results for everyone currently on our scoreboards for all standard TTs. Then find the TT number you are interested in; one way it to use the index I have made in this post. So in this case that is TT40. So you were in position 26,567. Since you were at that time already a community scoreboard member, you can go to the results post for TT40 (link from the index) and you'll see your time was 1:52.643. Or you could find that TT on this page and select page 266.
Jimmy Fallon Writing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Perfect and smart move: now, I know how ;)
Merci a lot, your data are just priceless!!

17/08/2023: I've finished 1:52.643
22/08/2024: I start at 1:51.645

Last edited:
Happy the 917 TT is in the record books now. I know there was a "perfect lap" in the gold zone out there, but I couldn't find it. That car's magnetic attraction to the barriers (I can't even call it understeer) also became tiring.

Really interesting thoughts here. I've had the same experience. My first lap felt decent...until I crossed the finish line and saw it was a 1:26. I did a few more laps but became so aggravated that I rage shut off the PS5 and did something else. Came back later and got into the low 1:24's, which I am still not happy with.
For most TTs, I start at a "high bronze" and can get my way into the "low silver" range. For this one, I started at a "low bronze" and I'm not sure I'll get close to any silver.

My sector 1 and 3 are OK. It's sector 2 where I'm garbage. I get that my trail braking is always a work in progress - but it feels like nailing this track means nailing narrow windows for your braking, turn-in, and acceleration points. Otherwise, you're running wide or killing your momentum down the following straight.

Perhaps it's just as simple as this combination emphasizing the reflexes and other alien-like qualities more than most TTs. Similar to the X2019 TTs. It's no surprise that Kylian and Kaj are #1 and #2 - they are both ridiculously fast in the X2019, right?
I think you are exactly right, I watched @Tidgney video guide over and over and finally realised why he's 2 seconds ahead by turn 4, the quick guys are maximising corner entry (as near to the sausages as possible) then nailing it out of the corner maximising the width of track each time, I've been incapable of doing that consistently lap after lap so far.

This all sounds obvious, but the challenge for someone like me is that the car seems to have a split personality depending on exactly where you are on the track and at what speed/angle so I end up spending too much time off the gas in corners because I'm fearful of the sand on the outside or those ridiculous sausages (I mean really, why are they so high??) by which time I've missed the optimal angle and the ghost I'm following is already away in the distance and yet my lap still feels ok and reasonably fast.

In short, for me at least, it is all about corner exits, and carrying as much speed as possible throughout for that reason I upped my steering sensitivity to 10 which does make it more twitchy but seems far more precise.

Took the 'Aston Martin Vantage DTM 2019' out for a run this morning. It's not like they've never worked with Honda before.. So this car is plausibly in the game ๐Ÿค”.

Optimal shows another 0.2 of wiggle room for me here, which is a really good start to a TT week for me. Usually I'm 0.5 - 0.7 off my optimal on my first go-around. PD have been dishing out some fun TTs lately and I'm glad to see the fun combos continue ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป. Will have to watch some videos to see where I can improve.
1917aec6a4575-screenshotUrl.jpg
1917aec5af890-screenshotUrl.jpg

Great mate, hopefully your time will hold. I'm dreading it this weekend, but I've got to be brave and just roll through it. My goal is a high silver. I'm not confident about gold yet as I did not gold the lap attack on the Circuit Experience yet. So, how do you feel about Suzuka (Gr. 2) challenge coming up? We've had this combo before, I'm not looking forward to some of the sections of the track, but sigh. Oh well, it is what it is!
I haven't driven any GR2 cars since the update but I used to be ok with em. Suzuka isn't a favorite of mine. Likely I'll just gold it enough and be out.

Back