Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,805 comments
Well, spent most of my Friday at Laguna Seca, regrettably very much in vain as it resulted in no better than 1’20.213. An alright time but in all those hours I did that TT I didn’t manage a single clean and proper lap. That PB had the corkscrew “landing” completely botched which compromised my line for the next left a lot. What a shame, as I had lotto’d nicely through T5 on that very lap. Wasn’t meant to be this time.

I’d say Laguna Seca is an alright race track but to hotlap on it at this level is quite the nightmare, the sausage kerbs make it properly awful. T5 in particular. Excruciating.

The following evening I set my sights on Spa-Francorchamps and the eMS TT in the RA272. Eau Rouge and Raidillon were quite frustrating but nowhere near Laguna Seca levels of frustrating, here you could cool it a bit and find somewhat of a higher success rate going through it. 45 mins in I got I 2’28.242 and settled for that, in order to save mind and body. No patience to keep going.

More time was gained. I’m still losing acceleration coming out the chicane turn 2. Also sometimes I do 4/5 in 3rd but sometimes 2nd. That’s not dialed yet. Ascari is still work in progress and I’m still not sure my Parabolica is the best. Oh, let’s throw Lesmo in there, so every corner! 😁

Still for my somewhat slow reaction time these days, it’s not too bad.

IMG_8520.jpeg

GT7 | Monza TT | Improved GOLD time - lap run

Last edited:
Finally had a Friday and Saturday night free which means I could put some considerable time into the available time trials.

Starting off with improving my time at Suzuka in the NSX. I think this might be one of my best overall laps of Suzuka I've ever done. There is still some room for improvement, but as an entire lap, I don't think I've ever nailed Suzuka like this. During the session I was able to find the flat out line through T7 which would have gained me an extra tenth, however it was not to be on my best lap. Additionally there is another tenth to be found through Spoon Curve and the following back straight. There's a particular line through Spoon that allows you to carry more speed through the whole corner, but its quite difficult to get as you almost need to touch the Astroturf. I think putting in a lap that was perfect around Suzuka would be almost impossible, so I'll settle for this pretty good one!

Time is a 1:48.633 which places me 395th now. Although a little lower than normal, I'm happy with the lap so not much more can be done.

I've noticed that the saved replay isn't correctly showing how many of my laps are invalidated, looking at the lap counter, you can safely assume that any lap above 1:50 was already invalidated. I'm not able to drive at this level without going out of track limits repeatedly :lol:

191b03ccf1e25-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_441629059415729_1725113513342.jpg

Now onto the Murci at Monza. My ears were in heaven putting these laps in, right at the top of the rev range, this car sounds glorious! Also echoing what @Dolph Drago said, why are you guys using this car in any colour other than Arancio/orange? :confused:

Actually driving this car would really benefit from a more oversteery set-up. Going anywhere near the throttle while turning basically induces the car to go dead straight, so you really have to be sure you're finished turning before you touch the accelerator. Optimum had less than a tenth remaining, sad that I couldn't break the 1:51 barrier but oh well. Current time is a 1:51.034 which has placed me 49th currently. Unfortunately its looking like I won't stay in the top 100 here, although I might try and defend this again next weekend.

Again, almost every single lap that you can see on the lap counter that wasn't a purple lap was invalidated. Track limits from T4-T10 can be quite frustrating to stay on the track.

191b03cfe6220-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_441630473614544_1725119037556.jpg

I'm surprised how much love the Lambo gets. To me this is the typical "poster car" Lambo. I adore it for the looks and the sound, but driving on a race track ... that's another story!
It's too heavy to race it and the tires can't handle the power nor the weight.
I understeered it into gold and i hope i don't have to return
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240901110725.jpg

Well, i did have major sore hands from Ikea'ing all weekend but wanted to do some laps in de Lambo again this morning,
God i have a love/hate feeling on this combo, it's like the AWD, these tires, the power and the weight of the thing just is inbalanced..
but it's still quite fun to blast around in it :lol:

The problem i had was Lesmo 2 this morning, any approach just didn's work, and it's almost the most important corner of the whole track.....

The one time i did hit it though i came across the most invalidated exit of all tracks.... Ascari, that right exitline is killing me ....again and again :lol::lol:

....51.058.... for an Ascari millimeter :lol::lol::boggled::boggled:

Next time gadget....next time

191b16e358123-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm surprised how much love the Lambo gets. To me this is the typical "poster car" Lambo. I adore it for the looks and the sound, but driving on a race track ... that's another story!
View attachment 1385892
I'm surprised how much misconception surrounds Lamborghini's choice of building Grand Touring road cars instead of race cars. No Lambos were ever really designed specifically for track racing.

Screenshot_20240902-091352_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240902-092410_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised how much misconception surrounds Lamborghini's choice of building Grand Touring road cars instead of race cars. No Lambos were ever really designed specifically for track racing.

View attachment 1385900
View attachment 1385902
"No Lambos were ever really designed specifically for track racing." - And that's why it makes them, to me, so "wrong"/less fun on a race track. IRL on an empty road they are certainly pure "adrenalin machines".
I'm driving a hot hatch irl. It's great on the road, but the brakes (besides other things) are not made for racing.

It's just my personal preference to race cars in GT7 that are designed to be treated like that.

"No Lambos were ever really designed specifically for track racing." - And that's why it makes them, to me, so "wrong"/less fun on a race track. IRL on an empty road they are certainly pure "adrenalin machines".
I'm driving a hot hatch irl. It's great on the road, but the brakes (besides other things) are not made for racing.

It's just my personal preference to race cars in GT7 that are designed to be treated like that.
Seems fair. Not a huge fan of most Lamborghinis for the same reason.

Nice lap time at Monza for just "understeering into gold" btw :)

View attachment 1385955
Well we have been saying Orange is a faster colour, just look at the proof in those PP ratings 😉😂 or is it the weight of the front lights and tire stickers 🤣
I guess it's the same BOP rating from the event right?!? It seems weird to me though because who is gonna use that version when the OG one is better 🤔 Shame they don't give the option to make the livery available in the content section so you can just use that

I guess it's the same BOP rating from the event right?!? It seems weird to me though because who is gonna use that version when the OG one is better 🤔 Shame they don't give the option to make the livery available in the content section so you can just use that
Possibly is the BOP although I can't remember what that was.

Can you actually put the front loight on the original one? If not then maybe that's a reason to keep it

Last edited:
The old one probably needs to be opened and the PP recalculated. Happens all the time they do PP adjustments - it'll show the old PP rating until you use the car again.

No, no, no. Just look at the miles. The black one has a full fuel tank. The orange one already did a lap somewhere and used all its fuel > makes it lighter > more PP! :D
:D:D:D

Yep both have the same stats, and you can put the lights on the Orange one too (not sure if that was an option before)

IMG_3542.png

Attachments

• IMG_3543.png
    IMG_3543.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3544.png
    IMG_3544.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
@KK78 Hey sorry, I wasn't insulting the RA-272, I love the design, but the way the car moved made it difficult for me to get a time in the 2'33.000's. I just received my three gift cars for participating in those special events. So, will we get anymore lap challenges like that before 2024 ends?

@KK78 Hey sorry, I wasn't insulting the RA-272, I love the design, but the way the car moved made it difficult for me to get a time in the 2'33.000's. I just received my three gift cars for participating in those special events. So, will we get anymore lap challenges like that before 2024 ends?
I was joking around buddy, you like what you like and in fairness the Honda is quite ‘floaty’ so I get your point

Put in 175 miles in the Lambo late last night. Very minor improvement in lap time but the session was a tale of what could have been (or a promise of what’s to come if I can pull my finger out later today). Went through the phase of forgetting how to drive certain corners and had to unlearn the muscle memory that comes with that… had a 51.2 with about one pixel of error in the second chicane, and just look at that optimal…
1725291972397.jpeg

1725291988282.jpeg

View attachment 1385892
I'm in the same boat (heh heh) with almost exact same time after my first session and also feel like I would rather do something else than TTs right now. Especially since the last month the insane amount of events has meant that I have clocked more hours on GT7 than on any previous month bar the launch of the game in '22.

But you know, what's probably gonna happen is that Jeddah or anyone else won't eventually bring the gold limit under your time BUT they improve just enough that for you and me it's gonna be squeaky bum time for the last few days and because you don't want to miss out on the gold because of some last minute record, you force yourself back into the boat only to realize afterwards it was unnecessary after all.

Some good improvement in Monza, mostly coming from closing the gap between pb and ideal.
Roggia is where I'm losing the most, luckly for me the following straigt is short.
Than comes Ascari where still i don't get how to position properly to early open and use all the right curb without being too slow in the section between left entrance and left exit.

191b43d9b5366-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back