Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,833 comments
I haven't been inspired by any of the recent TT's and have been spending far too much time on Supercross 6 and NFS Unbound.

Might give the Lambo TT a try.......

I was def. up for a sub 51. but went in to deep at Parabolica....
I feel your pain...see my lap below.

If not for diving too deep into Parabolica, a sub 51 was in the books. Instead I get this. 😭
IMG_3582.jpg

I'm beginning to feel slower and slower....
Sorry to add to your misery, @Gomario JSP... :lol:

I guess I need to use a faster one, or no ghost. But a faster one will give me less clues where this one already leaves me in the dust. At least it would not be troublesome where I am faster. It would be more efficient if I was consistent all along the track.
I'd try to change the offset of the ghost. If I don't struggle (or got familiar) I use only my pb ghost, and if it is obstructing my way too much (i.e. I'm getting faster) I put offset around 0.4-0.6s in front.
That said.. Haven't been trialing since saturday, got pretty comfortable golds and had time to get some time off from gt7. I may drive a bit today just for daily marathon's sake.

Last edited:
My optimal from Monday evening eludes me. Undecided on whether 4th gear and brakes through the S Curves or 3rd gear, lift and coast. Sector one makes or breaks this lap for me. One of the toughest sectors. Anyway, I am pleased with this time. I look forward to taking on Monza soon.

191bbc6fc9817-screenshotUrl.jpg

You are crazy fast there! :bowdown:
That's very kind of you. 😘 The truth is that this might be a rare occasion where I am relatively close behind you... Yeah, but I am happy with the result as I might not be able to return this evening for a final attempt.

Did we have different tyres at TT40? My lap time improved about 1,6 seconds and that would be a great improvement that cannot be found anywhere else... 🤔

First of all.....the fact that dropping 3 places on my own leaderboard overnight while beeing place 50 in the world is absolutely crazy..... 🤣

Umm... what you do on the controller is remarkable.
Thanks mate, it's good to see the controller user are still competitive in such a game, they did a good job on that!
@Gomario JSP Don't worry Jomar, you're one of the fastest, brightest guys on controllers. You even master it on your Nokia laptop using remote-play which is pretty clever. Well I was hoping to get to silver at Suzuka. I've got a 1'52.8xx time so I'm real close towards it. It would be more difficult using MT and trail braking there as it is Monza IMO.
Thanks Chris, I try my best, and for the record...I'm not worried at all, these lunatics here make me push in a good way, but some are just not to catch 🤣
Well done on Suzuka, not the easiest one with the high downforce'
Exactly this, and remember.. comparison is the thief of joy! I couldn’t do anywhere near these times on a controller…!

However

I did get faster tonight, mission accomplished and a much tidier lap. I’d love to grind both of these trials till they end as they both have their strengths! I know some people don’t like the Lambo but.. ITS A LAMBO! Listen to it! 8500rpm!! 300kph!! What’s not to like 😁

View attachment 1386347View attachment 1386348View attachment 1386349
(And for one brief moment I was top of both of my friends leaderboards… by two thousands of a second 🤪)

Final day at home tomorrow and hopefully some time to have a bash at one or the other but I think I’m near my limit on both 😁

Ik know mate, and comparing myself with some here maby isn't healthy..... (no one in particular Daniel........🤣🤣)
But ..... on the other hand I would have never thought that I would gain on the ghosts I follow like Tidgney's and eventually be faster in the end 😁🤪
(although i know that he, with the same efford timewise would absolutely destroy me 😕🤣)

But again.... you totally crushed it with the Lambo mate!, epic! 🙏....and yes....you made me a better man today 🤣🤣
I feel your pain...see my lap below.

If not for diving too deep into Parabolica, a sub 51 was in the books. Instead I get this. 😭
View attachment 1386385

Sorry to add to your misery, @Gomario JSP... :lol:

🤣....that's pain..... that's real pain mate 🙈
And thanks for joining the Jomar misery
I appreciate it 🤣

That said....

I'm in! 😜.....50' babyyyyy with a not to Shabbbyyy .903 whoop whoop...
Fairly happy, although there is more in the tank it's kind of a roulette

1000025393.jpg

Did we have different tyres at TT40? My lap time improved about 1,6 seconds and that would be a great improvement that cannot be found anywhere else... 🤔
The previous time at Suzuka in GR.2 was on the same tyre compound - Racing mediums.

Your 1.6 seconds is just because you have improved...... or it could be the physics change, but lets keep it that you have improved! :cheers:

That's very kind of you. 😘 The truth is that this might be a rare occasion where I am relatively close behind you... Yeah, but I am happy with the result as I might not be able to return this evening for a final attempt.

Look again. I'm way behind you! :)
TT40 was the old Suzuka Gr.2 TT? I can't even remember. I wasn't doing TT regularly by then, i think.

Edit:
Gogga is right, you improved a lot. I'm amazed when i see your race car times.

But maybe you used comfort tires on the Lambo at Monza. ;)

Last edited:
The previous time at Suzuka in GR.2 was on the same tyre compound - Racing mediums.

Your 1.6 seconds is just because you have improved...... or it could be the physics change, but lets keep it that you have improved! :cheers:
"Clashing" with the best makes me stronger... 💪 To me the physics update is very welcome as race cars have improved handling.

@KAlex122 : the tyres are one problem but I would trade my livery for better brakes... There is another chance for something better tomorrow. Always.

I'm not going to give up though, I'm sure eventually I'll have another '2 laps to get silver at Mt. Panorama' moment and all will be well.
I hopped on for 10 mins to try and set a time at Suzuka last night, after 3 invalidated laps I got into the silver times on lap 4 and was set to shave off another half a second on my 5th lap before I made a silly mistake and ran ever so slightly wide. All is well with the world again (except for the 3* reward ticket I got after topping up my daily workout with some distance on Route X :yuck:).

Last edited:
There is still a lot less level with the TT in road cars or am I wrong ? Last night it took me around 15 laps to be in the top 200 with the Lambo. Unlike Suzuka where I spent hours and I'm still not in the top 1000 and we're not even talking about Laguna Seca which was a special event !

There is still a lot less level with the TT in road cars or am I wrong ? Last night it took me around 15 laps to be in the top 200 with the Lambo. Unlike Suzuka where I spent hours and I'm still not in the top 1000 and we're not even talking about Laguna Seca which was a special event !

Certainly in terms of how to get a high placement; I’m always studying the patterns of TTs and relative ‘ease’ of placing high (coming from many months of professional stat padding)

The TTs with the most competition are always going to be the ones with familiar combination of cars and tracks in online races; anything Gr4, Gr3 and Gr2 pretty much. A large proportion of players drive these cars and tracks daily, week in week out, and can set a competitive lap almost instantly. Prime example is the AMG at Laguna Seca; I would imagine even the top times would have been set without much sweat, it’s bread and butter.

Road cars are a completely different kettle of fish, as are specials/VGTs and any car that is particularly difficult or odd to drive. A lot of regular ‘fast aliens’ will do a few laps to get the 2m credits and the gold medal but don’t have the time or patience to grind for every last tenth.

Road cars that are relatively easy to control but take patience to learn are usually the trials that are easy to place high globally but have immense competition on gtplanet as we are the nutcases who grind these obscure combos till kingdom come (hello Murciélago at Monza!), they are easy enough for the majority to get a very fast time and fun enough to have replay value (unlike something like the Lambo VGT at St Croix which was uhhhh… very niche. I liked it 😁)

2016 NSX.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240904155110.png

Last week, I did a mock Suzuka 1000km race (with the SC430). Had 2 hours of practice, 3 15-minute qualifying sessions, and 5 1/2 hours of racing. Came 9th, 2 laps behind all the 2-litre cars. My quali time there was a 1:51.318, so that shows just how badonken these high-downforce cars are. There is literally not enough ballast to make the 2016 cars generate the same downforce/weight as the 2008 cars. I checked.

No BOP, btw

Certainly in terms of how to get a high placement; I’m always studying the patterns of TTs and relative ‘ease’ of placing high (coming from many months of professional stat padding)

The TTs with the most competition are always going to be the ones with familiar combination of cars and tracks in online races; anything Gr4, Gr3 and Gr2 pretty much. A large proportion of players drive these cars and tracks daily, week in week out, and can set a competitive lap almost instantly. Prime example is the AMG at Laguna Seca; I would imagine even the top times would have been set without much sweat, it’s bread and butter.

Road cars are a completely different kettle of fish, as are specials/VGTs and any car that is particularly difficult or odd to drive. A lot of regular ‘fast aliens’ will do a few laps to get the 2m credits and the gold medal but don’t have the time or patience to grind for every last tenth.

Road cars that are relatively easy to control but take patience to learn are usually the trials that are easy to place high globally but have immense competition on gtplanet as we are the nutcases who grind these obscure combos till kingdom come (hello Murciélago at Monza!), they are easy enough for the majority to get a very fast time and fun enough to have replay value (unlike something like the Lambo VGT at St Croix which was uhhhh… very niche. I liked it 😁)
Very good analysis, you are certainly right! Oddly Monza is not a track that I like but I have always had good TTs on this track. It's surprising sometimes! As you say we must be a little crazy on GtPlanet :gtpflag::cheers:

Last edited:
Oh crap, what a session today in monza

My mr hide was able to do this
191be23a60992-screenshotUrl.jpg

But my dr jekyll only did this

191be23a60965-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lowering my pb by only 8ms...

Good thing is that i learned a lot, i just need the two to talk each other!

But it is what it is, here in italy we say if my grandma got balls she is my grandpa

Congratulations @EbrahimX7 on dropping below 1:50 at Monza. I saw you making small progress over the past few days. Would be great to see your lap when you are ready to share it. 👏
Will do, i managed to sneak into 49.8. But I lost half tenth in s1 and half tenth in s3.. my s2 was so good though. I believe .7 can be done but extremely difficult and it is the last tenth on this combo 😅

Uff... improvements come slowly with the Lambo. 🙄

Got a 1:50,668 yesterday, with a 1:12,723 at the 2nd split.

Today i got a new fastest lap with a 1:12,881 at the 2nd split... 😂

View attachment 1386545

@Gomario JSP I think you should get used to take Ascari in 2nd gear. 😬
Nice Ed!

You are getting faster and faster!
Ill try second again on ascari again tomorrow 😁😁, it felt more unstable to me when I started but if there lies time im in 🤣
Thanks for the tip mate

Will do, i managed to sneak into 49.8. But I lost half tenth in s1 and half tenth in s3.. my s2 was so good though. I believe .7 can be done but extremely difficult and it is the last tenth on this combo 😅
Well done mate, I creeped into silver last night after an hour. The Ascari chicane and the Lesmo corners are a pain, because when I mess up or lose my rhythm, I have to start over again and again. I'm taking Dolph's advice at every angle, I guess I'll have to watch his replay and pay close attention. You can set the speed of the video on Youtube, I do 0.50 to see where he brakes at each section of the track. This is a much more pleasant TT than the one we just had at Suzuka. I finally gave up an hour ago there.

Last edited:
This is a much more pleasant TT than the one we just had at Suzuka. I finally gave up an hour ago there.
Im glad there are still people left in the world who enjoy stock street cars TTs 😅 its very underrated and has to be the trend in the future! Modern race cars are trash imo, its just brake here, release here, release this much, turn here, turn this much, accelerate here, etc. yuckk 🤮..... whereas powerful stock production cars = brake here, send it, feel it, control it, equilibrium it, now that is yummy 😍😂. You mostly cant take an exact corner exactly the same way everytime.

I really didn't want to go back, but since it was the last day at Suzuka, I made a return to the Japanese track. I managed to pick up over 4 tenths which netted me almost 3,000 spots globally. My fast lap was scruffy. A little sideways coming out of turn 2 as well as the hairpin. Got on the gas a touch late coming out of Spoon. And came perilously close to flying off at Dunlop, a mistake that cost me at least a tenth if not more. I probably could have gotten lower had I continued, but I have a feeling I wouldn't have enjoyed it and failed multiple times in the process. Oh, well. We shall see what's next. As much as I'm hoping for another road car (I'm very much enjoying Monza), I see it being likely being another car with some downforce in which I'll struggle.
IMG_3590.jpg

Great lap Dolph. Do I dare try to rush to get in silver territory? I have less than 6 hours to make a decision and move fast!! I'll go for it one more time and just hope for the best.

53971244127_f7e7669829_o.jpg

The most important thing on this track is flow and rhythm because if you don't have it, you'll struggle to find time. I didn't restart constantly like I would on other tracks because that kills the flow you've built up, particularly in the first sector where it's right, right, left, right, left, right, left. Any hesitation will cost you dearly. A fast, high downforce car demands accuracy and on such a technical track it can prove to be a tough gig, but once you get a feel for it, you can push it harder than you expect. I think @Dan_Tes eluded to it earlier on the thread, and he's absolutely correct. The car loves being driven to the absolute edge of it's aerodynamic performance.

Back