Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,841 comments
Didn't want to go to bed without getting a sub 1:34...

Now I can finally enjoy my very short night 🤣🤣

1000017205.jpg

53974790573_dfe05f0744_o.jpg

I didn't intend to play GT7 last night but I had to because the batteries inside my Xbox controllers were dead. I only did one run for about 45 minutes but I got this time 4 laps in. It's decent but I'm more than half a second away from my brother, so I will be coming back to it on Saturday night.

Morning all,

First session on the tv done this morning, looking at my times and % to the top, this will be a hell of a fight to get into the top 100 eventually, short track with a grippy car.... but fun!
make or brake is the left hander before the second tunnel on the backstraight, if you nail it you can make up for a realy bad sector 1 :boggled: :lol: :lol:

191c6085d4384-screenshotUrl.jpg

That tunnel is a scary full send hold on **** up i got this kind of corner ....., but realy satisfying if you don't invalidate :lol:

191c608879821-screenshotUrl.jpg

191c608924172-screenshotUrl.jpg

Fastest S1 for me was a 26.159 i believe today what ended in 58.780 split out of the tunnel but my brain descided to exit the last hairpin in second gear..... i can tell you, that's not faster :lol::lol::lol:

So there is a lot of room, but this is not going to be easy to end high up!

zjn
just don't tell me you are throwing down super gold time
from the couch
while watching TV
while reading subtitles

:eek:

😜
:lol: :lol:...
from couch.... yes...
while watching tv............ only on the straight and backstraights
while reading subtitels..... only on the straight and backstraights

Naah, tv for the wife and i'm staring focused to the laptop with the headphones on ;);):lol:

Good improvement in home track

1725609507962.png

I don't think I ever broke the 2K ladder, even though the TT is still 1 week to go and it will not stay.

I think I'm close to my ceiling here. To be fair quite every turn (maybe aside Parabolica) may be a hit or miss, meaning that can break your turn or make it, but while the reason of the break may be clear, the reason of the make may be not easily repitable.

So this is the point here... I saw some -0.2s in Prima Variante, but don't have really a plan to execute different from the one I use when I see +0.2s. The same applies for Lesmo1-2 and Parabolica.
Roggia I think I see what I can do better, but as a proof of fact I cannot execute it.
Ascari I cannot make it with the right line at a decent speed. This is probably the single point of more achivable improvement.

Side note... thinking that between P1 and P2000 there are 2.4s blows me up! How fast are you guys!!! :bowdown:

Also first steps at the new TT are promising

1725610157442.png

Let's see how far I can go with some study and practice

Hi guys (and Greek)

I've bought the Sony PS5 headset 3D this morning and as expected, it's a real game changer: almost 9 tenths shaved !!!

1725635338400.png

The optimals are all pointing in the 1:34 direction:

1725635453195.png

The Lancer is very grippy on RH tires and it's fun to make her swing into the curves.
There are some others tenths to chase here and there, and I'll be very happy if I can lower my very first gold score on MT.

Happy lapping everyone :dopey:

Hi guys (and Greek)

I've bought the Sony PS5 headset 3D this morning and as expected, it's a real game changer: almost 9 tenths shaved !!!

View attachment 1386968

The optimals are all pointing in the 1:34 direction:

View attachment 1386969

The Lancer is very grippy on RH tires and it's fun to make her swing into the curves.
There are some others tenths to chase here and there, and I'll be very happy if I can lower my very first gold score on MT.

Happy lapping everyone :dopey:
If it will save 9 tenths, I'll take two.

A relaxed Friday evening after a brutal work week. Time for hotlaps.

The more I drive this Evo, the more I like it. Got into the 33's. There is some more time out there. Sector 1 and the final sector is where I loose alot. The ghosts just pull away.

@Jeje6410 You are flying!! Well done!

@Pesselles Learning curve they say. What learning curve? You are on fire. Congrats on the very quick progress. Soon you are going to be very dangerous 😁

191c8ce80b496-screenshotUrl.jpg

Masters of Time Trials, does any of you use some lap analysis software to check lap into details and maybe compare to some other lap? and in that case which one? has ony of you tried Delta or is curious to try it?

even show lap layout and racing line(s)

View attachment 1386649

Kireth makes the point in his review video that seeing what someone else does is the easy part. The software won't teach you how to replicate it though.

Personally I will stick to watching replays. I usually get enough from watching a Tidgney or Kie video once or twice to get a decent time. For really difficult ones, such as the Olympic one at Deep Forest with its 1.5% gold threshold, or the snow one, I tend to break down sections and watch them repeatedly and at 0.25 speed, then quicker and quicker, to understand what the guys are doing. Of course videos also show line which the software doesn't.

I think your side by side video analysis would easily be more valuable than the software.

I just wasn't jiving with the Evo at Deep Forest today. It took over 130 miles to finally beat my time from yesterday (which took roughly 40 miles to achieve). And it was only barely over half a tenth. I get that it's more difficult to pick up time since it's a shorter track, but I expected more on day 2. It didn't help I missed the turn 1 apex by quite a large margin on my top lap.
IMG_3598.jpg

I just wasn't jiving with the Evo at Deep Forest today. It took over 130 miles to finally beat my time from yesterday (which took roughly 40 miles to achieve). And it was only barely over half a tenth. I get that it's more difficult to pick up time since it's a shorter track, but I expected more on day 2. It didn't help I missed the turn 1 apex by quite a large margin on my top lap.
Nice smooth lap and excellent time👌

I do like the way you took T1 wide on that lap, it gives you a much higher exit speed than what I could achieve. I am going to try this.

Back