Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,870 comments
Spent 300km last night to try and improve my time at Monza to reassert myself on the GTPlanet leaderboard.

Found another 1.6 tenths in the lap to get a 1:50.873 which places me 40th currently. Found some general improvements in lines throughout the track to gain my the extra time. There is definitely still some time to be found, particularly half a tenth through T1/2 as I did not equal my optimum run through there on my best lap and also some time improving my entry line to Ascari, hit the brakes a tad bit late which compromised my speed through there.

Maybe there will be an extra tenth to gain in the lap, but finding it will be a challenge. Hopefully I get some time to try and find it later in the week. :D

191d3f2039b10-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_441806049513358_1725804880911.jpg

I broke into the 1:50's at Monza! :dopey: Had my best first sector ever, flew through the chicane at the start of sector 2 (started briefly dropping into 1st gear for rotation which really seemed to help), could have been better through Lesmo 1, solid enough Lesmo 2, and a great entrance and middle portion of Ascari. But I lifted slightly coming out of Ascari, which I don't think I actually needed to do, and had a so-so Parabolica. Just outside the top 50 and I think safe for a top 100.
IMG_3604.jpg

Then I looked at my friend's leaderboard... @Gomario JSP ...:mad::lol:
IMG_3605.jpg

Last edited:
I broke into the 1:50's at Monza! :dopey: Had my best first sector ever, flew through the chicane at the start of sector 2 (started briefly dropping into 1st gear for rotation which really seemed to help), could have been better through Lesmo 1, solid enough Lesmo 2, and a great entrance and middle portion of Ascari. But I lifted slightly coming out of Ascari, which I don't think I actually needed to do, and had a so-so Parabolica. Just outside the top 50 and I think safe for a top 100.
View attachment 1387882

Then I looked at my friend's leaderboard...@Gomario JSP...:mad::lol:
View attachment 1387883

Awww durn, he passed you by a tiny, tiny margin. Well don't worry mate; your lap is safe as a security system. Now it's my turn, I'm fixing to start back again. People may think the Lesmo corners are a piece of cake, well. No, not if you want to get a very good time. That's not the case here. I gotta nail that first chicane, that will determine my performance whether I'm in the gold range or not. So, let me get going, I've got 4 days left. Wow, Evilmuffin's way down there, that's how I know this TT is a real struggle for some. If you have any other pointers, let me know. The braking markers are an excellent tool in the game letting me know where and when to start braking and turning the wheel.

Last edited:
View attachment 1387882

Then I looked at my friend's leaderboard... @Gomario JSP ...:mad::lol:
View attachment 1387883

1:51.904 !, that is satisfaction and pain at the same time ;) :) :lol: :lol:
Nice mate!, that should hold indeed :):),

The Lancer is very grippy on RH tires ...
You must have driven a very different car than me! :D I was realy surprised by the massive amount of understeer for an AWD car!

On the other hand, i've never been so fast in gold-land before! Usualy it takes 100 Km, but this time just 4 laps:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240907164630.jpg

In the end i pushed it under 1:34. If no one finds a short cut, this should last ...
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240907164706.jpg

Morning folks,

Man i had a frustrating morning on Deep Forest :lol:
it seems that it is VERY difficult for me to get lower than my .203
It's in there, but with these times on this combo....pff..... if you even go to 2nd to soon on T1 and you slide just a bit on entry it's all over with this grippy monster :lol:
Optimals are there, and i'm fairly close every time but it just doesn't happen :lol::lol:
And clearly did hit some walls along the way in lap 6,7 and 9 :lol::lol:

191d59eee0286-screenshotUrl.jpg

191d59ec13236-screenshotUrl.jpg

I achieved silver on lap 4 again, I'm going to assume that my brain takes that number of laps to figure things out on average sized circuits. As much as I'm not usually a fan of Monza I really enjoyed this, the braking points were all nice and clear and the car felt great other than being a bit hefty through the first chicane.

191d5e62a5354-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

I achieved silver on lap 4 again, I'm going to assume that my brain takes that number of laps to figure things out on average sized circuits. As much as I'm not usually a fan of Monza I really enjoyed this, the braking points were all nice and clear and the car felt great other than being a bit hefty through the first chicane.

View attachment 1387953
I think I'm about the same - takes me a couple of reset red laps in the first lap or two, then by lap four or five I'll record a lap that's usually silver...

Morning folks,

Man i had a frustrating morning on Deep Forest :lol:
it seems that it is VERY difficult for me to get lower than my .203
It's in there, but with these times on this combo....pff..... if you even go to 2nd to soon on T1 and you slide just a bit on entry it's all over with this grippy monster :lol:
Optimals are there, and i'm fairly close every time but it just doesn't happen :lol::lol:
And clearly did hit some walls along the way in lap 6,7 and 9 :lol::lol:

View attachment 1387934

View attachment 1387935
I am wondering if you are doing something when you reached about the limit but there is still some chance for improvement, except of trying again and again, example I can compare lap replays and search for where I can improve.

I am wondering if you are doing something when you reached about the limit but there is still some chance for improvement, except of trying again and again, example I can compare lap replays and search for where I can improve.
no i am nothing else but just try, this because my optimum is promising every session, i know what to do, it just doesn't happen during the same lap :lol: :lol:
If i combine all my best sectors from the 1000km+ efford, i'm in the 32's.....
but you know the drill right :lol::lol:

but maby i should compare my lap sometimes :)

no i am nothing else but just try, this because my optimum is promising every session, i know what to do, it just doesn't happen during the same lap :lol: :lol:
If i combine all my best sectors from the 1000km+ efford, i'm in the 32's.....
but you know the drill right :lol::lol:

but maby i should compare my lap sometimes :)
so, if I may ask, what you need to do to improve your PB, where can you gain, is it gears, braking, accelerating? just curious.

so, if I may ask, what you need to do to improve your PB, where can you gain, is it gears, braking, accelerating? just curious.
For my feeling it's mostly due to trailbraking, it has become more difficult and the Evo doesn't realy seems to like it.
Then T1, the sharp left before the tunnel ( one of the most important ones because of the backstraight ) and the last hairpin are all points of struggle for me where i am a bit inconsistent.
So i think i need to look for progression in trailbraking, or how to deal with it with this Evo :)

Last edited:
This Deep Forest TT has been kind to me as it took about 20 laps to get possible me best result ever

1725883055253.png

I hope I have some more time in the very next days, I'd like to see if I can reach my first +1.XX%.
I'm only half a tenth away, provided that the world record will not move.

If "too many" days fly by it usually takes some more effort to even match what i did before. Problem is that my "too many" is probably 2 or 3 :rolleyes:

So I've been hammering the Lambo x Monxa combo over the weekend and having nailed a Gold time after 3 laps, I've now done about another 120 to achieve successive small incremental gains down to a 1:52.333

I have a real love-hate relationship with this car, on the one hand, it is gloriously styled, has a fantastic engine note and is a wonderful homage to the Lambos of old. On the other hand, it's freakishly heavy, feels at times like it has the turning circle of an oil tanker and has all the cornering poise of a drunken polar bear careering across a frozen lake on a tea tray.

I know there is easily a second for me to get but I cannot seem to throw caution to the wind and throw it around a bit more which has left me being too tentative on corner entries and losing speed as a result.

I love the track so will keep at it, I'd love to get in the 1:51s

Any tips from you wizards would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
btw, copy paste from AMG thread if someone is interested, some of drivers have not accepted to go to next level so there are few spots available for competition in next stage, if someone who was really fast is interested, fingers crossed, go for it!

I love the track so will keep at it, I'd love to get in the 1:51s

Any tips from you wizards would be much appreciated :)
Not that I am much of a wizard but this is how I study lap replays and compare them in order to find where I can gain some time...

I have a 1.52.7xx in Monza at the moment (lost 0.25 in S3 though). From your experience, it shall be OK for gold, even if the benchmark is lowered, right? I don't have a lot of time to do laps due to work/babysitting.
Standing at 2.63% I think your are safe

He doesn't seem to do any TT's that involve race cars, only "road" cars.
Monza is the Lambo right? He's set a sub 1:50 time a few days back...last I looked it was 1:49.874 I believe.

Has the time dropped at Monza? I set a 1.52.9xx a couple of days ago and left it there. Gold cutoff was 1.53.170 at that point.
Still stands at 1:53.170 yep (well, unless it's dropped since this morning)

Last edited:
DF-Lancer-10laps.jpg

New stint at DF with the Lancer. Getting closer to gold... Optimal nearly there.

I think I'll be able to gold this one, just need to work more to get my critical turns ok in the same lap and find some tenths here and there.

i enjoy this TT so it is not so much a chore to work on it, and there are days left until the end.

Back