Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,919 comments

Unbelievable, I got close to gold by an inkling. This game is evil, that's all I have to say.

My time: 1'35.370
Gold time: 1'35.331

Well, what can I do except to keep pushing hard and I mean super hard! I know I can do this, I gotta polish up on Sector 3, and that sharp left turn.

Not gonna comment on your racing lines, but this car likes high revs. It seems like you are shifting up too early.

The 3rd gear you can go up to 166kms, and the 4th 225kms. (Sorry, you have to do the conversion to MPH)

Shifting up properly in the back straight and the home straight would alone get you the gap you need for gold.

Last edited:
I finally got used to the intricacies of the C4 during tonight's session, and it became quite enjoyable to chuck the car around. Many fewer spins. :D But why is it that on my fast lap, I seem to always have one absolutely awful sector? I was consistently running 36.6's, a couple rare 36.5's in sector 2. So naturally, I would completely flub the uphill esses and put down a 36.866 on my best lap. :banghead: I coulda/shoulda/woulda have been down in the 1:54.3's.
IMG_3622.jpg

This car just wants to kill you, everytime you hit throttle the devil unlocks or something :lol:
Then this track with it's huge rounded curbs doesn't realy help on exits :lol:
it's a lot of fun to throw around, to bad it's not the fastest way around..
Secondly..... when you finally understand the thing how not to make 180's on exits you have to be very brave at the COD....
it killed me most of the laps to be honest...
either...
To slidy on entry.... which kills you....
To close to the first apex..... which kills you...
To fast around the first apex...... which kills you...
then the real COD has yet even arrived :lol::lol::lol:

it's just 4th gear... lift.... hold on and pray it doesn't scrape the paint off....
Fun but very frustrating!!

That said, TV session was a lot better than the remote.... entrypoint of the COD in 120FPS is far more doable than on the laptop :lol:

Not to Shabby for the first meters but still it feels like Flabberthewapsky and need to find a way to get it more stable

View attachment 1388755

Sounds like fun.

But why is it that on my fast lap, I seem to always have one absolutely awful sector? I was consistently running 36.6's, a couple rare 36.5's in sector 2. So naturally, I would completely flub the uphill esses and put down a 36.866 on my best lap. :banghead: I coulda/shoulda/woulda have been down in the 1:54.3's.
I totally get what you were saying. But in my case, after the best sector one and sector two, I totally chickened out on the chicane of death 🙈

Last edited:
After my message from frustration last night I slept tonight, and ready to fight back

Yesterday I had one white lap in the 107% territory, just for the sake of having one, but really having to choose between riskying (and redding) and going safe (and slow) is the point for me here, at least until now. I'm just not competitive.

I run also a bit of Dforest to hunt for that .05s that would bring me under 2%. I have it in the first half of the lap, so now I need to find again the peace of the last 2 turns, the very last in particular.

It's a busy we with some work to do and some family meetings. Then f1 wec and week2 nfl is also there and will probably not able to look big chunks of them, so let's see if I will find some wheel time

@Gomario JSP I know how you don't like getting up for your morning sessions and seeing someone overtook you on your personal leader board, so I meant to send this last night to prepare you mentally, but I injured myself during my celebration dance and had to rest. ;)

View attachment 1389003
Crap...... it all starts again..... 🤣🤣
Fire mate, well done!
Im in very little opportunity to play over the weekend due to my daughter 21's dinner and party today, so enjoy your victory over the weekend and dane along mate....
Ill be back 🤣🤣

Did daily marathon with vette today (only so much time today for me). Got into gold, but by a very tight margin. I enjoy the combo. Invalidated only one lap at cod, but I'm driving very slowly through there. I lost the car once at the kerb of T3 where the right side of my car went flying. I'm having the most trouble with last turn of uphill slope, lost my rear on the exit kerb countless times
1000020096.jpg

1000020094.jpg
1000020095.jpg

Last edited:
Season 5 Spinning GIF by Pee-wee Herman

Me after finally getting back behind the wheel 😅 Probably skip the new TT for now and try to get better with the wheel. So much learning to do and I find the Corvette really hard to control with the wheel. But since I'm totally green behind the wheel (exept for maybe 10hours before this crazy heat wave) it was to be expected. CSA schould help at the beginning I think.

Got myself a McLaren GT3 V2 wheel and I really like the feel of it. Only thing that I don't like is the low amount of buttons I can map in GT7. Anyone using this wheel and got some tips?

@330_D Got the load cell too and like you said a couple of months ago it is a huge difference to the standard one 😯 atm I either stop too soon or overshoot 🤣

Edit: Totally forgot.. Monza was good for me in the end 🙈

1000017512.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys (and Greek)

Yessss, it's me again :dopey:

I've decided to test the new TT at DT with the Vette. Because this "boat" loves to dance the samba with her butt, I've decided to select a sticky/grippy livery to stay on track as much as possible. This one should do the trick:

1726311935652.jpeg

And after few laps (mostly in red because of my stupidity and of the cod), I've scored a not glorious bronze in 1:58,6xx.
Spidey was decided to go faster and more brave to demonstrate her capabilities.

1726312243474.png

Less than 10 laps, and only 2 valids: 1:57.318 :yuck: (no time to do more laps, I had to cook....)

I'm perfectly aware this isn't an exciting result for now but I'll give more time in the next coming days to improve it.
The gold mine is at 1.5 sec, and it seems to be impossible to reach after these first laps.
But impossible isn't French 😎

ATTACK!!!

191f0db68a052-screenshotUrl.jpg

I was stuck in the high 55s for a minute and couldn't quite figure out what I was doing wrong but I was just thrashing this old girl a little too hard. I actually find the COD to be pretty controllable in this car. Not sure if it's the weight translating really well or what but through the flat corners this car absolutely hammers. Elevation changes are NOT your friend. 😂😂🍻

View attachment 1389041

I was stuck in the high 55s for a minute and couldn't quite figure out what I was doing wrong but I was just thrashing this old girl a little too hard. I actually find the COD to be pretty controllable in this car. Not sure if it's the weight translating really well or what but through the flat corners this car absolutely hammers. Elevation changes are NOT your friend. 😂😂🍻
You haven't found the right curbs to hit yet 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Psssst, sorry to bother you 1 min but tomorrow there's an EXCEPTIONAL edition of the Clash of the Titans:

1726327955861.png

Join us, it's REALLY FUN !

Last edited:
Way, Way too much effort today. Thanks to @Metalgear9493 for the ghost. Looks like a three-bagger, at least for now. 2%, into the 1:54's and top 1000.
@EbrahimX7 will probably push me out of the 2% club, but I'm still counting it as target accomplished. On to the yard work.
View attachment 1389146
I only have around 1.5 more tenths in me. So low 52.5. But its not guaranteed aswell. Its pretty tough to nail everything

Yes, I entered silver territory an hour ago. My time is 1'58.293, but it may not hold. Thanks to watching Sulka's guide, I paid attention to what driving lines he used for Sector 1 and then I figured out the rest on my own. My replay is in the showcase, but I'll post my YouTube run here in the morning.
So I'm pushing until I get a low 1'57.000 time.

Back