Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,986 comments
that is called pain.... :lol: :lol:

Good improvement though!, i have no idea how you find more than 2 tenths so consistently on me.... :lol::lol:
Nice job!
Thanks. This was an odd one insofar as none of the sectors was spectacular, but overall enough to ALMOST get there.

192002b7a708-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Jeez, I have such a weird relationship with time trialling sometimes, like @half_sourly I've been determined to get under 1:54 at Deep Forest and spent an hour or so last night beavering away in the woods for the almighty reward of 00:00:62 :banghead: :mad: I retire for the evening dreaming of what could have been but resigned to the likely outcome of a 1:54+ time.

This afternoon, as a reward for deleting a load of work emails I hop on again and after a naff 1st lap which ended in the red then achieve a 1:33.942 on the 2nd. I quickly save the video but then think I've got enough time to have another go and sure enough, improve on next attempt to secure a 1:33.805 :sly: :cheers:

I'll probably leave it there but I do love this combo so you never know, there's certainly more time there but it depends I guess and which version of me turns up :D.

IMG_3580.png

IMG_3579.png

The original lap is on my Youtube and if anyone likes the livery it's on my GT profile.

Last edited:
Stuck at 1:55.99x for most of today's marathon. Decided to stick and fight for gold.. a lot of improved sectors but then... messy s1 and s2 but totally nailed the cod and gained at least 0.5s to my ghost which looking at the time was way forward...
Happy gold.. a lot of time to find (guessing 55.2-5) but it is hard.... from positives.. gained some breathing room from mr @Pesselles who is getting a little bit too comfortable with his new rig ;)
Edit: spellcheck ofc
1000020141.jpg
1000020140.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

It's a gorgeous evening here in Lancashire. England. There won't be many days like this before winter comes, so instead of Time Trialling I am going to sit in the greenhouse with a glass of wine or two. Enjoy the sunset and a takeaway Chinese meal. Yummy!

I have just looked at my times for both the current TT's. I seem to have semi-decent times in both of them. Very pleased! One thing did stand out though and I think this is a measure of the difficulty of them...

Deep Forest Raceway. Lancer. 2:17% off fastest. Approximately 10250th in the world.

Dragon Trail. Corvette. 2:44% off fastest. Approximately 1000th in the world.

I won't get a chance to improve with the Lancer. I intend on wrecking many a Corvette to see if I can manage a personal best here!

Very best regards to all here.

Ian.

My next decision is Merlot or Rioja.... :)

That first turn with Vette drives me nuts Don't even know how many restarts i had cause of this .
Anyway, braking a bit earlier i managed a decent go through but COD was " Bang " 18 from 20 times 🤬🤬🤬 .
Been well ahead of my ghost and code red at COD.
I chance the sensitivity, i was going back and forth in the track but no way .
Its the spot that you can gain or loose so much but couldn't deal with it .
I made some improvement entering at 56's and thats all.

By the way since i notice that , what's the steering cheating mod that some mention here ?

That first turn with Vette drives me nuts Don't even know how many restarts i had cause of this .
Anyway, braking a bit earlier i managed a decent go through but COD was " Bang " 18 from 20 times 🤬🤬🤬 .
Friendly advice: you should pray Jupiter instead of Zeus... :dopey:
56' is already a very good score here, because it's far from easy to get gold.
By the way since i notice that , what's the steering cheating mod that some mention here ?
Not sure but I guess it's about assists.

I believe is ASM.

I'd say it's worth a try. 👍

Counter steer assist. I don't know what it is in Greek but it's the bottom assist setting. Weak helps this car settle a bit (for me)

I've always felt it tempers the snap oversteer this game has just enough to make it feel a little more like a real car sliding (through the wheel anyway)

Last edited:

I feel you. I must've done about 500 kms yesterday with probably 400 of them thrown away at T1 or at some other part of the first sector. I don't usually "grind" these events but sometimes stubbornness gets the best of you.

Today was easier and managed to improve about 5 tenths into low .55s. The uphill I messed up a bit with too late upshift and S3 also drove like a grandma but that was sort of the plan as long as I could make headway in S1 and S2. At the moment I think I'm sore enough from holding the controller that I'm gonna leave it here and learning the million ways how to invalidate a lap at COD can wait for another TT event.

Hello (again).

This combo still sucks. But now, it sucks a little bit less as I managed to sneak into the gold window.
19201b816c282-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_442011034988979_1726605605425.jpg

I kept the ABS on default, as in the previous session, but this time I turned off the ASM and turned the CSM on strong.

Also driving wise, I changed the way I was breaking. For T1 I still use the moment the ghost hits the 150 mts board for me to start breaking but now I hit the breaks, and I wait a lot (I mean, a lot!) untill I shift down to 2nd. Same thing for the right turn before the COD.

For this turn I changed my breaking marker too. I hit the brakes at the 200 mts board. So I get a better exit. Before I was having the red curb as a marker.

In this gold record I had a bad S1 (39,2). So I believe I have one more push with the Widow Maker Vette.

the splits
19201b848ce14-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_442011040390439_1726605626525.jpg

Hi,

@smoothbore12...

This is from the official Gran Turismo site...

It does help - As others have alluded to. It does not help as others, have also, alluded to. There is soooooooo much horse poop talked about these "assists" though...

Some folks on here simply thrash me with a TC2 setting and no Brake balance. I am - sometimes - way quicker with no assists and Brake balance -2. On a serious - more real life - note... If you look at the way team mates, on the same team, in Formula 1 and other series, have their cars set up. They vary a lot sometimes. Some times they vary wildly!

I can remember Barrichello stating, quite vehemently, that he could not make a car do what Schumacher could. Their respective setups were almost identical.

IMHO - It is what works for you. What suits your driving style and, to some extent, what kind of kit you are using to play GT7.

I hope that helps some.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

In that case I don't think I will bother with that TT then bronze is even someway off, I just appear to be a squealing mess of missed apexes and slow exit speeds.
Not up for a challenge? This TT is not even consider to be super difficult. Tough, yes...but I think everyone here can get at less bronze.

And even if you can tune the car like some TTs we get once a while, everyone can tune the car as well, so we are still on even ground, since all the time are dynamic based on the fastest time on the leaderboard.

Bronze should be super easy as long as you can brake at sorta the right place and turn the wheel to make the car turn.

So, the Deep Forest chapter is closed for me, I spent the last two sessions slowly chipping away at my Dragon Trail time. The Lancer is fun, but cannot beat the adrenaline rush of approaching the COD in the Corvette with an S2 time teasing a new PB :D

Besides just being a lot of fun it also really rewards precise inputs. A few percent too much brake pressure can mean the difference between a perfect corner and inducing a slide that can cost many tenths. It's tough, but always feels fair.

Currently sitting at a 1:54.535 that happened after a pretty mediocre first two sectors, but then the stars suddenly aligned for a (for my standards) flawless S3 at 39.379. If I could somehow replicate this again after a better setup, I'd be in top 100 land 🤞

1726613133873.png

Oh yeah, also using steery cheat mode (CSA strong) as well as TC2 here. Saves me a lot of frustration.

I don't even know if I want to bother with silver at DT. If I can't get a hang of the Vette's sliding and getting loose then I won't be able to pull it off. I think many lower and younger skilled drivers will most likely give up after getting a bronze score and that's the truth.

Only 10 miles into tonight's session and this scruffy lap somehow yields a 2 tenth pickup from my best. The only corner I feel I nailed, ironically, was the COD. :boggled:
IMG_3632.jpg

I stopped at that point to see if I could improve at Deep Forest. I couldn't even get to within a tenth of my best. I may give it one more go tomorrow if I even feel up to it, but I'm not overly optimistic I'll be able to run any faster. :indiff:

In that case I don't think I will bother with that TT then bronze is even someway off, I just appear to be a squealing mess of missed apexes and slow exit speeds.
The main difference for me on this one came from turning on CSA to strong.

The following lap was 1.5 seconds faster because after fighting with the car without it, I had learnt it's quirks, throttle and brake control and what lines to aim for.

With CSA on strong the 'lines to aim for' became lines I was taking 👍🏻

Morning folks,

Woke up at 2 AM and could not get that sleep again, fired up the thing and went for it...
Saga continues for 3 descent sectors ..
Fastest S1 was a 38.213 but invalidated somewhere in S2....
Then finally had a descent S2 but a real bad S1.... but CoD was good to me so got two out of three sectors descent.... few places up again in the top 100 😁
But still no trippel (sector) hit .....
VeRY frustrated right now 🙈🤣🤣🤣
@Dolph Drago will we ever hit all 3? 🤣🤣

1000025829.jpg

1000025830.jpg

Unexpected 30 mins session yesterday, and unexpected results too. Things went a little bit better, even though far from my average results.

1726652916364.png

I resisted the evil voice telling me to try with CSA or ASM. I know that the moment I start using them in these TT will be a non-return. So I will either reserve this for later or accept the result I will get without them. If you ask me now I'd answer the second.

I see in your replay lot of curb cuts. I cannot effort it. The moment two wheels are on the curb and two outside the curb is 99.9% an instant spin.

My improvement items will be the top vertex and the right vertex of the "triangle"
In the top one the bend change confuses me and have still to find the right approach to the section between the two semi-bends. The result I'm getting is a very slow exit (10-15kmh less when reaching the very next right hander of the chicane)
In the right one my trailbrake sucks and spend my time going deep due to understeer at trailbrake start or coasting a lot because my traibrake reaches the ideal corner speed too fast.
Good point about these is that both don't relate to curbs cutting, so I hope I will figure out a bit more here.

Back