Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,217 comments
Ran 85 miles at Suzuka today. Came close to beating my 1:01.355 from yesterday but just missed it. This was my best splits in between multiple restarts. Optimals aren’t much better than that so this might be it from me. Away for the week on business so will likely be back for the next event :cheers:
1727051965084.jpeg

Monday morning ment some loosy goosy fun again with the Mazda,
It is so frustrating and kind of difficult to get every slide on point, you can loose somuch time in a single slide and there is no time to actually regain any time again in such a short lap, but it certainly is addictive!

I ran a few mid .1xx but nothing special but finally after a bunch of laps i had one descent!, and finally slided in the top 100.
(that's not going to stick but happy for now! )

Only frustrating thing about this TT ( aside from te engine destroying revs before you actually begin ) is that i'm faster at the start of the lap beeing on the outside but you have to tuck it in to the right for the shortest run across the finishline, so have to restart every lap to be optimal.....

1921d92500765-screenshotUrl.jpg

I also uploaded the ingame run following @Metalgear9493
Thanks for the ghost mate, always a pleasure to use! :bowdown:

Was fairly close to invalidation by the way in the very last corner :lol:

1921da34b3553-screenshotUrl.jpg

Only frustrating thing about this TT ( aside from te engine destroying revs before you actually begin ) is that i'm faster at the start of the lap beeing on the outside but you have to tuck it in to the right for the shortest run across the finishline, so have to restart every lap to be optimal.....
I am far from chasing thousands like the bunch of aliens here but I share this frustration, and I don't restart, so I tell myself that the difference is not that important for me 😅

I am far from chasing thousands like the bunch of aliens here but I share this frustration, and I don't restart, so I tell myself that the difference is not that important for me 😅
It doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but startting a lap with a red delta makes very kind of demotivated :lol: :lol:
and i would be devestated running a perfect lap while knowing the straight could be faster by restarting :lol::lol:

I manage to get gold a few hours ago in the redbull, 1:27.399, and when i return home is already a silver, so frustrating, since laguna seca with the amg that was impossible for me to get gold on a pad that I get only golds, but with this combination I'm afraid that silver it is this time.
My god, I improve don't know how to a 1:27.088, I think I put TC at two into this lap, or 1 dont remember because I change a lot this value, but in the last sector, I pause and put automatic transmission, the slow corners with manual transmission in this time trial screw my lap a few times and viewing that I surpass the ghost by a tenth or two, I wann to secure the lap haha. I hope the aliens can't improve too much, I'm at +2,68% right now with a pad.

699th overall, I think I never been better than 3000th, and I'm just a three tenths inside gold bracket.

Last edited:
Happy birthday Captain @Dan_Tes

And a happy birthday @Chris30

View attachment 1391465
Thank You Jomar my dude 😘😘

Happy Birthday @Chris30 too, what a day to be born!

Apocalyptic rain here to dampen my spirits and also social media reminders that it’s the 5th anniversary of me losing my dream job with the downfall of Thomas Cook Airlines. Crazy five years to follow but happy to say I’m happier than I’m ever been despite what will almost undoubtedly have been the most difficult period of my life!

A little dabble with the Corvette this morning got me into the 1:53 club, I feel there’s more time here and I actually love this trial despite the lack of precision; it’s a fun thing to throw around in steery cheat mode. The only downside is that the chicane of death has been replaced by the Esses of death, abusing those giant kerbs seems to the only way of getting a properly fast times and the difference between gliding over them and spinning wildly is approximately.. well nothing it’s just a lottery it seems 🤣

Still happy with the improvement and certainly much more enjoyable than the now traumatising X2019, whatever they have done to this car in the physics update has really ruined it for me at least as I found it very predictable at Road Atlanta which wasn’t too long ago. Hey ho one step forward some places one step backwards other places!!

IMG_8864.jpeg
IMG_8865.jpeg

I have been the whole we in aero-mode, mostly because of a chaotic and hurry up week end, but also because I didn't want any spoiler of the Suzuka TT.
Given the non powerfull car and the short track I wanted to figure it out all by myself, particullary in the determination of the apex speed of the two (real) turns of the track.
That worked out quite well, I'm happy of the process and the results I had are quite aligned with what I see now in your youtube laps.
It was a on-purpose-slow progression that I hope will sediment good info for the next TTs
In terms of time, I'm close to the gold.

Looking at the splits. everything should be a bit more consistent (best splits are T1: 25.858, T2: 18.115, T3: 18.045), and probably the first turn is the place where I can try to improve. I think I'm ok in exit speed, while I'm loosing in the brake area, where I have to be really careful to keep the car on track and not understeering. This alone generates quite a variance in the lap time.

1727097697617.png

I also did a quick 10 laps splash at Grand Valley, in the De Coubertin spirit of "The important thing is not winning but taking part".
To be honest with TC2 it is not that bad, there may be room for a better bronze hopefully

1727097747238.png

Is the Grand Valley TT very difficult on controller? The last X2019 TT I did I only managed a shameful silver, so I'm considering skipping this one

It's definitely not easy, but I will say I don't think it's quite as difficult as the last TT in the X2019 in my opinion which if I remember correctly I also could not break into gold. I'm just barely into Gold at the moment using controller. I had to set TCS to 1. I also set ABS to weak (which I usually will do with race cars on RS/RM tires).

You're results may vary.

Last edited:
Is the Grand Valley TT very difficult on controller? The last X2019 TT I did I only managed a shameful silver, so I'm considering skipping this one
As others have commented, I don't think is anywhere near as bad as the RA one. I've just done about 25 laps and got into Gold, using TC on 2 and @Tidgney ghost and I really struggled with the previous one. Grand Valley just seems to flow better, the only bits I struggled with were turns 3/4 and the chicane at the end although there are about 5-6 tenths there still for me if I nail the perfect lap (which we all know won't happen :D)

EDIT Also I started this TT with automatic transmission as I was a getting a feel for the track while listening to a podcast and then forgot to switch to my normal manual, tbh it's probably easier for me as the changes are so quick but I guess there may be a few more tenths out there if I switch to MT.

Happy Birthday to @Chris30 and @Dan_Tes :cheers:

So it's a 1:27.280 at Grand Valley in the fizzy drink spaceship, this won't be enough most likely but I'll take a few days off as my brain now hurts...

IMG_3594.png

My current state of play

IMG_3595.png

Last edited:
Well today I did improve my attack time quite a bit and achieved a solid gold time with plenty of room to improve it over the next coming days. So far so good!! I did run a silver at 1:02:89 before, but then tried one more lap and got this time!!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240923203927.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240923203754.jpg

A little dabble with the Corvette this morning got me into the 1:53 club, I feel there’s more time here and I actually love this trial despite the lack of precision; it’s a fun thing to throw around in steery cheat mode. The only downside is that the chicane of death has been replaced by the Esses of death, abusing those giant kerbs seems to the only way of getting a properly fast times and the difference between gliding over them and spinning wildly is approximately.. well nothing it’s just a lottery it seems 🤣
I thought I told you you could skip this one? I know it's your birthday and all, but c'mon! :lol: (also, Happy Birthday!)

Back