Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,485 comments
This might be it for me in the Red Bull. Optimal is a 26.267, but honestly I’m not sure I’d ever get that in one lap. Understand that I’m probably going to tumble down the order, but other than an avg first sector, I’m pretty pleased with this.
1727564281806.jpeg

1727564294616.jpeg

Hey guys, I'm fixing to start my new lap sessions at Watkins tonight. I had an emotional day yesterday. My mom went to the doctor for two hours and came back home and said that she had two masses growing which could lead to cancer. So I've got to help her so she can go to the ER. I had to put off my time trialing and gt7 fun because I was so upset about it. Wish me luck guys, I'm real worried. We have been through the wringer the past year. I'm hoping to have some peace tonight and keep grinding at Suzuka and W.G. so I can earn two more gold medals, but it will take a lot of time, studying and work. And of course paying attention to the replays.

I did it!!!!! Woohoo!
IMG_8622.jpeg

Top 1000. And there’s a 1.26.6 in me somewhere…
IMG_8623.jpeg

I was chasing @Tidgney’s ghost (thanks man for being on the slower side 😁) when I started to post faster sector 1 times than him I knew I could do this.

Ofcourse that first time I noticed I was faster than Tidgney, I was like oh **** I’m faster and promptly chashed in sector 2 🤣

This was addictive but I’m spent now. Though I’m tempted to go back for more…

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it!!!!! Woohoo!
View attachment 1392875

Top 1000. And there’s a 1.26.6 in me somewhere…
View attachment 1392876

I was chasing @Tidgney’s ghost (thanks man for being in the slower side 😁) when I started to post faster sector 1 times than him I knew I could do this.

Ofcourse that first time I noticed I was faster than Tidgney, I was like oh **** I’m faster and promptly chashed in sector 2 🤣

This was addictive but I’m spent now. Though I’m tempted to go back for more…
Congratulations, is it that easy because I'm fixing to do it now. I'm gonna try chasing Tidgney's ghost too and set the offset at 0.3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm fixing to start my new lap sessions at Watkins tonight. I had an emotional day yesterday. My mom went to the doctor for two hours and came back home and said that she had two masses growing which could lead to cancer. So I've got to help her so she can go to the ER. I had to put off my time trialing and gt7 fun because I was so upset about it. Wish me luck guys, I'm real worried. We have been through the wringer the past year. I'm hoping to have some peace tonight and keep grinding at Suzuka and W.G. so I can earn two more gold medals, but it will take a lot of time, studying and work. And of course paying attention to the replays.
Stay strong, sending hugs to you guys!

Late to the party as usual. Had some time in the very early hours of this morning to get to Suzuka. Hoping it stays top 1000 by the time it ends. The margins are so tight on this one.

Looking forward to tackling the Alfa soon, but contemplating whether I should attempt Grand Valley before it ends 🤔

My seat time has been drastically limited these days.

1923c8eba9519-screenshotUrl.jpg

I've not really been active on here over the past week or so with going to Silverstone for the BTCC last weekend and being involved in the AMG VC so went on yesterday evening when the wife was out for some TT time

So to start was the Mazda, I found this so much fun and pretty consistent.
1000014302.jpg

Splits
1000014303.jpg

Next to Grand Valley, erm... yeah... not so fun 😅 struggled to get out of bronze, it started to come together but was never getting gold
1000014304.jpg

Finally on to the Alfa, what a blast!!!
I got just above @Pesselles and had @Jeje6410 in my sights so pushed a bit more and that will do I think...
1000014305.jpg

Got ahead of @Jeje6410 but.... The same damn time as @v8_pursuit 🤣
1000014306.jpg

There is more in there as I was constantly 0.2** up on my sector 1 but kept losing it all through the bus stop so I left it as I was starting to get frustrated, but was fun while it lasted.
1000014309.jpg
1000014307.jpg

Oh... I did do some time trialling last weekend though... at Silverstone on their Simucube 😉
20 minute session and second place on their leaderboard (first place actually works there 😯) I'm proud of that 😁
1000013845.jpg
1000013847.jpg

And obviously some BTCC shots for you all 😘
1000013788.jpg
1000013784.jpg
1000013801.jpg
1000013815.jpg
1000013804.jpg
1000013887.jpg
1000013886.jpg
1000013899.jpg
1000013911.jpg
1000013922.jpg
1000013946.jpg
1000013953.jpg
1000013986.jpg
1000013797.jpg
1000013774.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got a decent lap of 1'17.339, the sweepers killed 3 of my laps, got it on my fifth run. God that section is annoying the crap out of me and I'm not joking at all. I want to smash them sweepers out of this world.

I have some more medals to show:
View attachment 1392744
Maybe I could've improved my PB a bit more if I had the time for that, but I doubt it would be possible... it was one of those things "at first you hate it, then you love it", it actually turned out to be a very good combo after all. Another shiny silver in my pocket :D

And after that, I did this:
View attachment 1392751
Finally managed to enter gold territory... but it was a struggle. Took me 107 km to get there, kept trying different settings, at first TCS off, but the thing became a bit too slippery to my liking, so went back to TCS 1.
Definitely felt better with TCS doing its thing, but what really gave me those extra tenths was, surprisingly... turning ABS to "Weak".
I always have it on "Default", but this time I decided to try a different setting... I don't know if it helped me or I just got very lucky but I'll take it! :lol:
Hope it holds though, I am not too comfortable with that time, but I doubt the World Record drops that much... looks like I'll be sweating bullets until next Thursday!

Now, before the Alfa, I had to clear this VERY annoying thing out of the way:
View attachment 1392759
Yeah, right... It's nothing to brag about, I know.
The downside: it's "only" a bronze worth 500K...
The good thing: It only took me like 6 laps to get here so, for the minimal effort I've put into it, its actually a decent prize... AND I can have some peace of mind because I don't have to worry about some alien from Alfa Centauri stealing my gold medal (or even silver!) during my sleep.
So, all in all, its a win!

And with that out of the way, its time for Alfa Romeo at Watkins Glen:
View attachment 1392762
Nice car, but it does have its fair share of understeer. You really have to play with that gearbox to make the thing turn properly.
Or... maybe its me locking up the front wheels when braking... I forgot to switch ABS back to "Default"... I don't know, but I like it!
This is my Personal Best atm without watching any videos, so I reckon after watching Tidgney's guide, I might just be able to climb that ladder a bit more.
All of the significant time in S1 is in the trail braking in turn 1. This brakes on this car can overpower the front tires if you continue to brake 100% below 150 km/hr or so. This is especially true on the first lap with cold tires. Others have said to just be prepared to use your first lap as a warm up. I chose to use the first lap as an opportunity to find the right braking pressure for the turn. If it turns on braking on the first lap, it is always going to turn.
Regards,
Ken

All of the significant time in S1 is in the trail braking in turn 1. This brakes on this car can overpower the front tires if you continue to brake 100% below 150 km/hr or so. This is especially true on the first lap with cold tires. Others have said to just be prepared to use your first lap as a warm up. I chose to use the first lap as an opportunity to find the right braking pressure for the turn. If it turns on braking on the first lap, it is always going to turn.
Regards,
Ken
I guess you're right, at least at Suzuka.
That 1st turn really sets the stage for whatever comes afterwards, it really makes or breaks your lap.
In fact, every time I somehow managed to improve my time, it NEVER happened at lap 1... so I guess that running on cold tires can definitely play against us on this TT. I try to not brake too much at T1, it really is a matter of feel (... and luck), brake too much and the back end of the car just goes nuts, you loose precious time and it pretty much sends the rest of your lap down the drain.
Brake too little and you end up missing the turn altogether or taking the corner much wider than you should... it's a real lottery sometimes but I like the challenge :D

Last edited:
I've not really been active on here over the past week or so with going to Silverstone for the BTCC last weekend and being involved in the AMG VC so went on yesterday evening when the wife was out for some TT time

So to start was the Mazda, I found this so much fun and pretty consistent.
View attachment 1392908
Splits

Next to Grand Valley, erm... yeah... not so fun 😅 struggled to get out of bronze, it started to come together but was never getting gold
View attachment 1392910

Finally on to the Alfa, what a blast!!!
I got just above @Pesselles and had @Jeje6410 in my sights so pushed a bit more and that will do I think...
View attachment 1392914

Got ahead of @Jeje6410 but.... The same damn time as @v8_pursuit 🤣
View attachment 1392915

There is more in there as I was constantly 0.2** up on my sector 1 but kept losing it all through the bus stop so I left it as I was starting to get frustrated, but was fun while it lasted.

Oh... I did do some time trialling last weekend though... at Silverstone on their Simucube 😉
Bravo mon ami !!!!!👏👏👏👏

Bravo mon ami !!!!!👏👏👏👏
Is it your... "ami"? Really? :eek:
First, I wanted to despise his provocative post but as you've replied, now I have to add my 2 cents.

Hello @P-Courty :yuck:

We (me and my ego) just saw your post with your "score" at Watkins Glen and we decided to not reply you.
So, this post is not a reply, and we don't want to read another provocative post from you on this point.
We also don't accept you could be faster than @Jeje6410 or me, so we (Jéjé, me, and my ego) might reply you on the track.

With all my disrespect :lol:

(ok, it's not a bad score , you can have a nap now)

Is it your... "ami"? Really? :eek:
First, I wanted to despise his provocative post but as you've replied, now I have to add my 2 cents.

Hello @P-Courty :yuck:

We (me and my ego) just saw your post with your "score" at Watkins Glen and we decided to not reply you.
So, this post is not a reply, and we don't want to read another provocative post from you on this point.
We also don't accept you could be faster than @Jeje6410 or me, so we (Jéjé, me, and my ego) might reply you on the track.

With all my disrespect :lol:

(ok, it's not a bad score , you can have a nap now)
Chut !!!🤫🤫🤫
I try to remain polite by saying my friend but actually when he walks past us he is no longer my friend. 🤣🤣
But hey you just have to make a good impression, that's all...😉😉🤣🤣

Back