Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,748 comments
Anyone hates how the 2024 GTR looks especially the front end? Almost as if they tried too hard to adopt the R34 front end to the R35 and failed spectecularly.

The TT itself is a test of patient as the GTR really does take its time to settle into the corners, then it is just all about nailing the timing of flooring it for the corner exits. Not the most fun TT for me but a good chance to practice some other style of driving. 1:33.430 was all I could manage - I actually think all 3 sectors are pretty close to my optimal...

IMG_3947.JPG

IMG_3946.JPG

@Gomario JSP apologies for not replying sooner after you tagged me last time - I really wanted to match your new MX-5 time but real life got in the way. Now you are a few tenth faster than I am in both the Alfa 155 and GTR! Time for me to catch back up...

Hi guys (and Greek)

Complicated morning session this morning on the short Nurb' with the lovely GT-R. Because Jeddah seems to be in a playful mood, I wanted to secure my gold score here.

Complicated because I had several 2 firsts very promising sectors but ruined everything in the last one (either at the chicane or in the last turn).

Example:

1728212322720.png

With a decent S3, this should have been a 1:34.2xx but I finished that lap at 1:34.993.... :banghead:

After few similar unpleasant laps, I've decided to take the first significant improvement and to park the car.

Job done with no excitment:

1728212634692.png

S1: 39.305 - close to my best (39.2xx), not excellent but I'm ok with it
S2: 22.573 - I left almost 0.3 here, what a pity
S3: 32.599 - same as S1 not my best (32.3xx) but doesn't matter

I clearly have a flat 1:34 in me but no more motivation to come back.

1728212960938.png

Have fun guys, the track is yours!

---------

If you prefer american beauties, I have a good news for you:

1728213043704.png

More infos here:

---------

With the Titans, we are preparing AN EXCEPTIONAL online event on Sunday 3rd Nov.
Stay tuned!!

---------

Hi guys (and Greek)

Complicated morning session this morning on the short Nurb' with the lovely GT-R. Because Jeddah seems to be in a playful mood, I wanted to secure my gold score here.

Complicated because I had several 2 firsts very promising sectors but ruined everything in the last one (either at the chicane or in the last turn).

Example:

View attachment 1394976

With a decent S3, this should have been a 1:34.2xx but I finished that lap at 1:34.993.... :banghead:

After few similar unpleasant laps, I've decided to take the first significant improvement and to park the car.

Job done with no excitment:

View attachment 1394977

S1: 39.305 - close to my best (39.2xx), not excellent but I'm ok with it
S2: 22.573 - I left almost 0.3 here, what a pity
S3: 32.599 - same as S1 not my best (32.3xx) but doesn't matter

I clearly have a flat 1:34 in me but no more motivation to come back.

View attachment 1394979

Have fun guys, the track is yours!

---------

If you prefer american beauties, I have a good news for you:

More infos here:

---------

With the Titans, we are preparing AN EXCEPTIONAL online event on Sunday 3rd Nov.
Stay tuned!!

---------

I knew it!!! (1) You were gonna improve your time!
Great job!

I knew it (2) Jeddah would try (and succeed) to get under 32's 😅

Even with the new top #1 time, I just don't want to come back and try to improve my time there. This combo is not fun for me and it highlights my driving weaknesses. 😐

Last edited:
I knew it!!! (1) You were gonna improve your time!
Great job!

I knew it (2) Jeddah would try (and succed) to get under 32's 😅

Even with the new top #1 time, I just don't want to come back and try to improve my time there. This combo is not fun for me and it highlights my driving weaknesses. 😐
Obrigato Mister @skydragon49 and congrats for your score too :)

I knew it too about Jeddah and about the reasons why you don't want to come back here too :cheers:

Why not joing us in our next Titan race? See you in 4 hours on Daytona ?

@Pesselles I have no PS Plus. I refuse to pay to play online. 😁

I had it for a while so I could complete the online trophies requirements, and that was it.
There's free weekends a couple of times a year. You just missed the last one, but there's usually another one sometime from December to February. With the 30th anniversary stuff going on around December, maybe then.

@Pesselles I have no PS Plus. I refuse to pay to play online. 😁

I had it for a while so I could complete the online trophies requirements, and that was it.
No problemo my friend, I really understand this point as I was also very reluctant to pay too. But the fun with the others Titans worth every euro, so...
I'll let you know when free access will be available and we'll be more than happy to race with you.

Hello there (again)

Motivated by the good result of my friend @Pesselles and realizing good efforts can indeed bring good results, I went to Nurburgring again.

And I got a small improvement, I hope that's enough to be in the gold range after @EbrahimX7 final push when registration time ends.
1926215e74c80-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_442424792502277_1728221845712.jpg

The lap (following @Tidgney 's ghost)

The on board lap:

This combo is all about patience and being mindful with brakes. But that's something soooo hard for me, getting the right brake inputs and then letting the car roll so I can hit the apexes. I do prefer oversteery cars that I can be agressive with throttle.

Anyways, not gonna touch that again.

Hi,

Back from a week of sunning myself, snorkelling, eating delightful food and spending wayyyyy to much money on fripperies.
Batteries re-charged!!!

I am very very pleased with a 1:14:8xx at Watkins Glen. That Alfa is a little gem - once you get used to it's foibles and "strange ways" - Another couple of improved sectors and I could, just scrape into the 1% club. Blimey!

Notched a gold time at the Nurburgring Ring - Just!!! This is going to take some doing on my part. I find it a very wayward car to control and extract time from.

It is great to be back home.... My own bed. My own brand of tea and my dogs are delighted to be back home too. Ohhh! I almost forgot... Please help yourselves to a 'virtual' piece of greek rock / candy...

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

IMG_3703.jpg

Hi,

Back from a week of sunning myself, snorkelling, eating delightful food and spending wayyyyy to much money on fripperies.
Batteries re-charged!!!

I am very very pleased with a 1:14:8xx at Watkins Glen. That Alfa is a little gem - once you get used to it's foibles and "strange ways" - Another couple of improved sectors and I could, just scrape into the 1% club. Blimey!

Notched a gold time at the Nurburgring Ring - Just!!! This is going to take some doing on my part. I find it a very wayward car to control and extract time from.

It is great to be back home.... My own bed. My own brand of tea and my dogs are delighted to be back home too. Ohhh! I almost forgot... Please help yourselves to a 'virtual' piece of greek rock / candy...

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

View attachment 1395051
Greek rock was virtually delicious, thanks!

Good day racers :cheers:

Determined to get into the 1:14's at Watkins, I jumped back in the Alfa and after many a red lap as I pushed my limits, I chucked it all together and achieved a 1:14.828 so I'll happily settle for that as I think me and the Maritime GTR are going to battle it out, I've already dropped into Silver :scared:

IMG_3622.png

IMG_3618.png

IMG_3621.png

IMG_3617.png

PS I sent some of you guys friend requests if you don't mind and if I missed you feel free to send me one 👍

Last edited:
Anyone hates how the 2024 GTR looks especially the front end? Almost as if they tried too hard to adopt the R34 front end to the R35 and failed spectecularly.

The TT itself is a test of patient as the GTR really does take its time to settle into the corners, then it is just all about nailing the timing of flooring it for the corner exits. Not the most fun TT for me but a good chance to practice some other style of driving. 1:33.430 was all I could manage - I actually think all 3 sectors are pretty close to my optimal...

View attachment 1394962
View attachment 1394963

@Gomario JSP apologies for not replying sooner after you tagged me last time - I really wanted to match your new MX-5 time but real life got in the way. Now you are a few tenth faster than I am in both the Alfa 155 and GTR! Time for me to catch back up...

No worries mate! Sometimes life is busy I know the feeling 😉
And Im positive you would still absolutely destroy me if you had the time 👽
So you have got work to do mate! 😁😁

I've always disliked the front of the GTR, but then I do love the back.

For me, the front lacks that menacing look that the R34 did so well and sadly every iteration of the GTR seems to move away from this and slips ever more into standard Japanese family saloon territory.

In other news, I managed to chop 3-4 tenths off my previous time so back into Gold with a 1:34.354 even though I screwed several corners up. This TT is one of those where I can see the time in the lap but the car and it's fat bum keeps arguing with where I want to put it.

I'm sure I will need to return again.

IMG_3623.png

Last edited:
Hello there (again)

Motivated by the good result of my friend @Pesselles and realizing good efforts can indeed bring good results, I went to Nurburgring again.

And I got a small improvement, I hope that's enough to be in the gold range after @EbrahimX7 final push when registration time ends.
View attachment 1395048

The lap (following @Tidgney 's ghost)

The on board lap:

This combo is all about patience and being mindful with brakes. But that's something soooo hard for me, getting the right brake inputs and then letting the car roll so I can hit the apexes. I do prefer oversteery cars that I can be agressive with throttle.

Anyways, not gonna touch that again.

Its enough. There is zero chance it will improve by 3 tenths 😅. I will probably get somewhere in 31.8 later and be done with it.

Does the GT-R really handle like that in real life? 🤔...Handling wise, I find it to be a mix bag and frankly, I don't find it enjoyable to drive at all. In any case, I managed to get a 1.34.4xx, with my optimal at 1.34.1xx. Can't say that I'm motivated to improve it. It's quite annoying! I might leave this one there and move on.

Productive sunday at the short glenn, cutting 2 tenths. I'm slowly getting there with the bus stop, rven though min speed is 10 kmh slower. At least racing line is better. Soon or later i will be posting those great picture with a sheet between the wheel and the barrier.
Right now i leave space for the britannic enciclopedie or leave a piece of the car there

19263b2be2552-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back