Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,765 comments
Absolutely not.
I drove a Nismo GT-R on circuit and it really sticks to the track.
I suspect the physics and the tires to give us this very unpleasant experience with Godzilla.
This doesn't do this racing machine any favors.
Thanks for clarifying that because I was starting to think that they are crap 😂. It may just be my own skill but I seem to struggle with most of the GT-Rs in GT7 when they are in their stock form. Without a tune of some sort, I find it hard to gel with them, which sucks because I quite like them.

I'm feeling the same, I'm really struggling to nail my braking points as it feels like the handling is changing on every lap. It's very unpredictable. I might leave this one at my silver time - I know I'm losing a lot of time in the final chicane by not cutting the entry but I can't be bothered to try again when the car feels so wild.
I agree, even though I got into silver with just my first lap, the braking was very irritating for me at the start, which is why I was stuck in that silver range for a while too. After over 30 or so laps and I would only improved by less than a tenth but then I started to figure a bit of what @Gomario JSP mentioned when it comes to over pushing the car. If you can nail your braking point and slowly downshift as you go down the revs, it will keep the car stable enough to make your apex. Once I understood that, I got gold. The bigger frustration for me now comes when trying to improve on that time because I get too eager on corner exit so the car always becomes an understeery mess which gets even more annoying when I keep hearing the tires constantly squeal 🤦‍♂️ lol

Thanks for clarifying that because I was starting to think that they are crap 😂. It may just be my own skill but I seem to struggle with most of the GT-Rs in GT7 when they are in their stock form. Without a tune of some sort, I find it hard to gel with them, which sucks because I quite like them.

I agree, even though I got into silver with just my first lap, the braking was very irritating for me at the start, which is why I was stuck in that silver range for a while too. After over 30 or so laps and I would only improved by less than a tenth but then I started to figure a bit of what @Gomario JSP mentioned when it comes to over pushing the car. If you can nail your braking point and slowly downshift as you go down the revs, it will keep the car stable enough to make your apex. Once I understood that, I got gold. The bigger frustration for me now comes when trying to improve on that time because I get too eager on corner exit so the car always becomes an understeery mess which gets even more annoying when I keep hearing the tires constantly squeal 🤦‍♂️ lol
I found following @Metalgear9493 's ghost to be valuable for me. We appear to have similar driving styles and I can match his moves fairly consistently compared to some other ghosts. It is just that he does everything 2.7% better than me :D

Last edited:
Ohh no problem, you're very welcome :)

On this TT, your skills are probably not the reason but more probably the tires (sport medium, what the f....) and also, the physics. I really don't understand how to drive it like it should be. And I'm not the only one...
Godzilla is a 4RM war machine, it doesn't "dance" like this in curves.

The car I drove the most in GT7 is the GT-R GT3 (near 25.000 kms so far). Like the RSR, it's one of the most balanced car in this category.

As others have said, real GTRs don't drive this way. I've driven them on the road and on track days (albeit not a T-Spec and not at 140 mph), and they are far more pointed and 'urgent' than this combo, which is surely down to slightly off physics and awful tyres. The GTR is one heavy car, so these bargain basement sports mediums are most likely not up to the job.

Last edited:
As others have said, real GTRs don't drive this way. I've driven them on the road and on track days (albeit not a T-Spec and not at 140 mph), and they are far more pointed and 'urgent' than this combo, which is surely down to slightly off physics and awful tyres. The GTR is one heavy car, so these bargain basement sports mediums are most likely not up to the job.
Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Back