Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,814 comments
here she finally gave in to my insistent caresses...😊😊🤣🤣🤣
homer-simpson.gif

here she finally gave in to my insistent caresses...😊😊🤣🤣🤣
Last improvement for today at 1'33'681 with optimal time at 1'33'587
View attachment 1395503

That is some real progression right there amigo! Nice!
Your S1 is quite good!, you can win some at T6 by squaring it off a bit more, then you can "coast" to the apex in 3th gear and then floor it 😁, if you hit that the right way you gain a lot!, chicane I'm also 3th gear out...2nd I and on the first apex to 3th seemed the way to go for me ( higher consistency)

1000026416.jpg

But a very tidy lap mate! Not to shaaabbyyyy at all 😁😁

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but this may be a dum dum question, but how do I share my replay with others when they hover over my time on the Ranking boards, or is it only for the top 10-20 aliens on the worldwide boards?

With the GTR time trial I wanted to see how far I can go on my own. I love the videos by Tidgney and they helped me a lot so far. I think that his guide would still help me but this time I went as a small boy who doesn't listen to wise advice...

Here is a screenshot of my (so-called) friends list from friday evening.
1926da804f95-screenshotUrl.jpg

It seemed quite easy for some to get sub-35 and I knew that it would be possible for me, too. I also realised at that moment that the gold time will further decrease.

Now I had my second stint of 20 laps with the latest Gtrzilla and improved into sub-35 area with new optimum around 34:3xx. My only help was a decent lap by @skydragon49 (thank you for sharing your lap!)
1926da7da9127-screenshotUrl.jpg

In the end I am quite happy with my result so far and am confident that I can get closer to the yellow metal. (The Alfa TT might be rather easy but I am proud to sit right among the Titans at some of my personal best results.)

Last edited:
I am having a hard time finding time to do laps these last couple of months, usually only checking in and doing a couple of laps in the last few hours of each time trial.

But tonight I did 15 laps with the Alfa Romeo and managed a gold time at 1:15.631, that is 2.25% so probably safe 🤞

Maaaan that Alfa is great to drive! I haven’t really tried it before but it has got to be one of my favorites now. Hope to try it tomorrow at the DTM-style weekly challenge!

hat's funny and almost never happens :lol: :lol:
Gues i'm 118 overall now :lol::lol:
Naamloos.jpg
tiedtts.JPG

Matching times? I'm in the same (slower) boat. :lol: Plus had 4,444 posts before this one.
@Dolph Drago is that you flying on the avatar??, that's epic mate! :)
Ha! That's the late, great Pete Rose aka Charlie Hustle of the Cincinnati Reds who passed away last week. I only wish I could make a belly-first slide look so cool.

Today is a good day, I managed to improve my Gold times in both TTs :)

Finally got the hang of the long sweeping right-hander at Watkins Glen to achieve a 1:14.767

IMG_3630.png

Onto the NurbRing and I'm finally making friends with the GTR, but not too much, we still have our differences of opinion, particularly when it comes to going round corners but I'm now knocking on the door of the 1:33's with a 1:34.171

IMG_3631.png

Attachments

• IMG_3631.png
    IMG_3631.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3623.png
    IMG_3623.png
    218.3 KB · Views: 1
First try with this godawfull piece of a car. Will propably manage to gold this one, but It won't be a pleasure
View attachment 1395663View attachment 1395664
I believe in you, just have faith and do the best you can. I struggled a lot back then but never gave up even though there were times where I wanted to. I think the car is fine, I just need to get a softer grip on it.

@Barareklam Woah, that view hurts my eyes, but I still see the ocean behind the walls. Do you predict that Bathurst will be our next setting for the next challenge on Thursday?

Last edited:
@Barareklam Woah, that view hurts my eyes, but I still see the ocean behind the walls. Do you predict that Bathurst will be our next setting for the next challenge on Thursday?
I hope not and I really hope not Road Atlanta either.. I hope for something new we do not have on repeat all the time, a challenge on Dirt Track is something I hope for. Tagged Kaz on X but he is ignoring me haha :D

I hope not and I really hope not Road Atlanta either.. I hope for something new we do not have on repeat all the time, a challenge on Dirt Track is something I hope for. Tagged Kaz on X but he is ignoring me haha :D
I have enough of the already exiting percentage of dirt track I generate in road TTs, would not like an 100% dirt one. It would mess up my innate ability to get off the road if the off the road is already inside the road.

1728484255835.png

Man, Gr.4 TT's are excruciating. Haven't enjoyed a single one. :banghead:

Feeling like I need to be paid a salary to attempt this thing tonight again, that's how fun it was. Ought to wise up and do something enjoyable, don't I?

View attachment 1395770
Obviously there are different tastes as I enjoyed driving that classic Alfa DTM Race Carvery much. Hopefully tomorrow will bring something for you. Have a nice evening with whatever!

I didn't really want to come back to Watkins Glen even if this Alfa on this circuit is great. But something (my little finger perhaps 🤣🤣) told me to come back because I couldn't get close to my record of 1'33'681 at the Nurburgring Sprint. And I think I did well !!!! Because I was able to improve my record by not much but that's already it and consolidated my place once again in the first 1000. With time of 1'14'684
1000003256.jpg

Man, Gr.4 TT's are excruciating. Haven't enjoyed a single one. :banghead:

Feeling like I need to be paid a salary to attempt this thing tonight again, that's how fun it was. Ought to wise up and do something enjoyable, don't I?

View attachment 1395770
The Gr.4 Lancer at Deep Forst wasn't bad. Best Gr.4 TT was Autopolis imo.
But yeah the Alfa is absolutely horrible, tried 3 times to make the car turn through the first corner and was done with it. 😂
I normaly skip everything with racing tires, but sometimes i give it a shot... just to remember why i skip them. 😂😂

Mission accomplished, finally a validated .1xx lap!

And all done in a 37km evening session, it just came together like it probably should 5 days ago :D

1728500329661.jpg

Again, I've had better sectors individually, especially S2, but I kept losing the ideal lap in S3. Not this time :D

And the mandatory VR2 replay, chasing the FGT Super GT ghost (he did a .214 I think but I used his ghost numerous times so I had the exact idea where I was during each moment of the lap, that's why I didn't choose a quicker ghost).

Good night! :cheers:

I really should stop attempting these TT on the last evening. First lap in the Alfa was just in gold at a 16.1, lap 2 was a 15.4, then lap 5 was into the 14s at a 14.9. Took another few laps to get to 14.7 and then was stuck there for a while but a 14.4 optimum gave me reason to carry on... a 14.6 came a few laps later but l had had to over 100 miles to get to a 14.5.

Dry contacts and a sore thumb (lack of seat time! An hour a fortnight is not conducive to good times!) put an end to proceedings just as I was getting into the swing of things.

Back