Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,850 comments
New Time Trial :banghead:

Racing Softs, BOP On

View attachment 1395908
Im Not No Way GIF

I reached 1:33.1xx on my second day of Nurburgring and feel that in order to lower it a tenth I will need a "thousand" of attempts which doesn't tempting me. So I thought I will go and pick track and car and do my own Time Trial. Honestly, now I understand PD a bit better, it took me really a moment to actually pick a track car combo I liked to drive around on repeat...
I wonder if we would ask 3 legends of this thread that reach top times easily... @EbrahimX7 @Metalgear9493 @djolliea if you could pick 1-2 car+tires and track (layout/reverse) to do a Time Trial, what would you pick?
A rwd car that has more than 700-800+hp with sport hard tires in lago maggiore 😍

Last edited:
New Time Trial :banghead:

Racing Softs, BOP On

View attachment 1395908
No, you have got to be joking. Not another VGT time trial. Oh my god, we're all screwed. I might as well forget about even getting gold on this one. @D-Mind I was thinking the same thing as to what you said. It's still a Vision car no matter what. I don't think a lot of people will like this lap challenge. I bet $10 million on it.

@Vule I'll probably score a bronze time and take my 250k and run for the hills.

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
On paper a truly awful combination, but I'll reserve my judgement until after I've tried it so I don't have to eat my words later. It wouldn't be the first time that I ended up loving a combination I dreaded (McLaren VGT in Suzuka, RBR in the rain) ... or hating a combination I looked forward to (I am still processing the MX-5 experience :().

@crome Ugh, don't remind us of that ridiculous Suzuka Mclaren VGT challenge, my heart sunk everytime I raced there in that thing, :(
I was happy I earned a bronze time there but still, it was a pain in the rear end.

Last edited:
🤣🤣 why..........

We do have one positive thing compared to the Lambo one back then......this will probably rotate af! 🤣

This is difficult for me...... I kind of not like the track...., and I am not that great on high downforce combo's..... but maby it's not so bad ...... to do... or not to do.... that's the question 🤣

The Gr.4 Lancer at Deep Forst wasn't bad. Best Gr.4 TT was Autopolis imo.
But yeah the Alfa is absolutely horrible, tried 3 times to make the car turn through the first corner and was done with it. 😂
I normaly skip everything with racing tires, but sometimes i give it a shot... just to remember why i skip them. 😂😂
Kind of like meeting the ex for coffee, just to remember why they are an ex.

Last edited:
zjn
i like it! i like it a lot! I'm so glad PD chose this combination and can't wait to tackle it.

Okay, and for today also we can mark as done the "Tink positive" chapter

Meanwhile, at PD headquarters

View attachment 1395941
Lol, I can see what you meant there, PD's mind is broken, xD. They can never choose an easy TT for us. It's always a chore.

Last edited:
🤣🤣 why..........

We do have one positive thing compared to the Lambo one back then......this will probably rotate af! 🤣

This is difficult for me...... I kind of not like the track...., and I am not that great on high downforce combo's..... but maby it's not so bad ...... to do... or not to do.... that's the question 🤣
I'm also debating if I'm going to skip this one.

If it is with a regular Gr1 cars, I will do it. But VGT.....ESPECIALLY....that stupid Genesis VGT (even if it is a race version)....I dunno.

Last edited:
It is if as they were reading the thread about weeklies and thought "oh you despise Sainte-Croix then? and I remember most of you don't like VGTs, and in particular the Genesis one? Here you are you little entitled cu...stomer !"
They can never choose an easy TT for us. It's always a chore.
Come on, don't say things like this, we've just got two of the easiest TTs and the recent combos were rather good, even when a bit on the difficult side.

Last edited:
Oh boy... my reign of 28[ish] golds in a row may be coming to an end. Even on RS I am going to guess this car is an understeer machine.

Like many of you, not too thrilled with this one but I'll wait until I try it before I judge too harshly.

Last edited:
Yeah Talon, I have a feeling that not many people will obtain gold times here. A majority might be bronze. The C layout of St Croix is the worst, the A layout isn't that enjoyable either. So it's not a win-win situation here.

Just ran my first lap at St Croix, 2'56.204. I'm ranked 6,217th so that gives me a clue as to how many people are actually gonna do this. I sense trouble here. Well all I can do is give it a shot and perform to the best of my ability. People who aren't familiar with this track layout will struggle heavily. That's all can say for now about it.

Last edited:
Had one quick blast round St.Croissant, jeez this track was surely designed by a 6 year old?!! The car is not as bad as its counterpart (the one from the Monza trial) but TC will be a must for me as it loves some oversteer, I'm just gonna have fun with this one and I'll be happy with Silver, I don't think I have the stomach for hours and hours of this to try and get gold... time will tell.

Latest Posts

Back