Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,887 comments
The new TT:

Screenshot_20241010-081258~2.png

Screenshot_20241010-081341~2.png

I got an interesting time on my 2nd lap, 2'53.523. Three sets of numbers arranged in 2 different ways. That's never happened to me before. Wow, that was something. I'll post my video later on this afternoon. This track is too hard and frustrating for MT so I'll use AT here. Too many twisty and complex turns to get through.

Last edited:
I got an interesting time on my 2nd lap, 2'53.523. Three sets of numbers arranged in 2 different ways. That's never happened to me before. Wow, that was something. I'll post my video later on this afternoon. This track is too hard and frustrating for MT so I'll use AT here. Too many twisty and complex turns to get through.
But if you truelly want to get the hang of the MT use you gotta stop switching back Chris :) , there was a time i swiched and soon after it felt like nature, now i have lots of moment were shifting just happens without actually thinking about it, becomes kind of natural after a while ;)

You sir have nailed that one 😂😂 because I was a bit behind on the pages and when I jumped to the last page with this post being the first one I saw and just looking at the pictures, I just knew the kind of abomination PD has forced on us.

I'll say, definite pass for me. Not only do I refuse to drive that Genesis VGT, I hate the track. Guess I'll go back to the GT-R at the Nurb and see if I can get into the high 1.33s

STC-Genesis-4laps.jpg

Did a few laps trying to follow @Tidgney's ghost. The most challenging for me on this TT will be to learn the track. Otherwise it is not awful to drive.

Optimal close to silver and I think I'll enter that zone rapidly. Just need to do a decent lap without going wide into 50% of the turns.

Gold seems far though and I doubt I'll become enamoured with the combo... I think gold will be easy for most usual golden users around here.

Last edited:
This is actually a simple track if you break it down.

Context: Only time I've ever raced this track before was to clear 100% of the arcade mode races last year (if this layout is even included) , and in 2024 I think I only raced it when the new race came out with the update (and again the next day for the weekly challenges).

Personally I only drop into 2nd gear for all of about 2.5 seconds at the chicane after the bridge (I'm quicker than the leader through that entire section to the finish line, and they stay in 3rd for the chicane), otherwise pretty much all the lap is exclusively 3rd 4th and 5th gears, with a dabble into 6th if needs must.

Most corners are 90 degrees, just the camber can catch you out otherwise.

It's just long so might seem overwhelming at first.

Last edited:
So I had like 15 minutes in-between two appointments and quickly tried the new TT. Don't know yet how I feel about the car overall, but at least it's way easier to keep on the road than the Lambo VGT back then. I am a bit over a second away from gold after just a few laps, and my last (invalidated and aborted) lap had an S2 split of 1:19.9 as opposed to the 1:21.0 of my PB, so I am very confident that gold is attainable if nothing crazy happens with the WR.

Btw @Tidgney seems to really enjoy this one, he repeatedly bested himself and is now the only player below 2:38. 🔥

1728568102312.png

I had exactly this two laps in a row in a race last night (Sardegna in the 787B). It blew my mind to bits and I ended up crashing in the next lap.

The times were different, but the sets of numbers were the same in both (1:37 laps...)

Last edited:
Here's this weeks guide for those interested! I have fond memories of this track from my time in the world finals and I do like it! I had to nip to work this morning and couldn't just do a video on a 38.9 so I jumped back on when I got back and got a 37.9! I do suspect a 36.9 is possible though!

So I had like 15 minutes in-between two appointments and quickly tried the new TT. Don't know yet how I feel about the car overall, but at least it's way easier to keep on the road than the Lambo VGT back then. I am a bit over a second away from gold after just a few laps, and my last (invalidated and aborted) lap had an S2 split of 1:19.9 as opposed to the 1:21.0 of my PB, so I am very confident that gold is attainable if nothing crazy happens with the WR.

Btw @Tidgney seems to really enjoy this one, he repeatedly bested himself and is now the only player below 2:38. 🔥

View attachment 1395979
I do enjoy this combo but it's also frustrating at the same time haha

I'm liking this one alot more than I should be haha. I'm right on the cusp of gold at the moment but I'll get there no problem, just have to put together a clean lap. It's showing my optimal as a 2:40.8, so it's definitely doable.

I think my medal cabinet will live without a gold for this one.. I'll pass!
Dusted the sleep from my eyes after this morning, finished work looked at the thumbnail for it.....decided I'd rather sweat the Lambo cup than put myself through that.

How come none of these "vision" cars encapsulate the essence of what makes all of the iconic cars great which is typically the power to weight and balance 🥲

Dusted the sleep from my eyes after this morning, finished work looked at the thumbnail for it.....decided I'd rather sweat the Lambo cup than put myself through that.

How come none of these "vision" cars encapsulate the essence of what makes all of the iconic cars great which is typically the power to weight and balance 🥲
Because there's almost always some dodgy gimmick, like having 1000 horsepower or 4 electric motors (or both...) that completely ruins the car's drivability. The only one I can tolerate is the Honda, the rest I say get 'em in the bin!

Well once I get to a safe enough bronze time I'm exiting stage left, adios!! I can't race well enough with any of the Vision cars.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been said already, but that track boundary on the inside of T3 needs to FOAD, it's invalidated at least 20% of my laps.

First impressions on the new tt
It's a track new to me. Quite every turn looks about the same, but it's just really the first layer of knowledge. Going further deep on knowledge makes you appreciate the difference.
Right now I'm half way there and my primary issue is remember what is what in the heat of the lap.

It's quite annoying that you are limited to 5 lap stints, only to really try in the latter 4. After the electric drains there is lot less power available, and I also think that tires need a piece of the first lap to get in operative range.

Right now a very weak silver for me.

@Chris30 don't give up on mt here. Each turn is really 5-4-3 or 5-4-3-4 (5-4 to make it easier). If at uses 3 too much, or even 2 this is gonna kill your chances to go back on power

zjn
It's quite annoying that you are limited to 5 lap stints, only to really try in the latter 4. After the electric drains there is lot less power available, and I also think that tires need a piece of the first lap to get in operative range
oh ? really ? I did 4 laps only by pure chance so I did not done more than that, but there is an electric boost that goes away after a few laps ? good to know, I'd probably have not figured it myself and would have been wondering why I was unable to make better laps after the lap 5.

Back