Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,208 comments
Alright, after my second session in the BMW tonight it is really starting to click. Yesterday wasn't so bad either: I was in the gold zone after just a few laps and then relatively quickly dropped to a low 1:50. Naturally I wanted to conquer the 1:49 (mostly for bragging rights here ;)), but it just wasn't gonna happen. I must have had at least five 1:50.0xx laps, but I always messed up in the last sector.

Today started out similarly, but then I finally figured out a better line through the chicane (more turn-in for the initial right-hander, which opens up the following left). With that I could finally enter Club 49. :cheers:

1729287409770.png

I won't post the lap though, because I believe I can go faster. Actually, I don't just believe it, the game told me so :D

1729287659534.png

This is a pretty ridiculous optimal, and I am not sure if I can replicate this again, but at least a few more tenths should be in the cards.

Disclaimer: as avid visitors of this thread will know, I am a shameless proponent of CSA a.k.a "Steery Cheat Mode", and just like the last time we visited this track in the 190 back in February, it feels particularly cheaty here. So if you struggle, or are simply curious what it does to your lap times, try it for yourselves.

Happy lapping!

Hello there!

This car is so much fun.... I remember I got the same excitement and joy when we had the Red Bull time trial with a BMW M3 '89 evolution.

Am I becoming a BMW enthusiast now? 😅

Anyways, I digress.... Friday night, another time trial session, another improvement.
192a214e0cf7-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_442699709791320_1729295741372.jpg

The lap:
(hints, points to improve and advices are most welcomed)

Last edited:
I never thought I’d say this about any of the VGT “cars” but I’m really enjoying this event and learning this track. First session of the weekend (yes, I know it’s Friday) with a goal to improve upon my previous 2:40.1 best.

Well, ta-daaa as @Vule would say 😂. Super happy with the lap, and the optimals look very interesting!
1729304179623.jpeg

1729304198417.jpeg

I'm afraid i'll keep the Genesis TT at silver, its just too long laps for me to want to grind to gold.. BMW M3 TT looks like fun, even though it kind of moves like a brick on sports hard. 😅 But it reminds me of the time trial with the Mercedes a whole while back and i had a great gold there so who knows 😁

@Chris30 there's no point spewing out all your thoughts at any given time, because you will find yourself making contradictory statements. Don't tell yourself that it's going to be easy and then complain when it's not. Lower your expectations and just see where each time trial takes you before jumping to conclusions. Do a few laps to understand what you're dealing with before focusing on specific problem areas. If you feel like you're braking to early somewhere, brake later. If you feel like you're turning into a corner too late, turn a bit earlier. Focus on the little things and you will see the times fall.

Last edited:
@Chris30 there's no point spewing out all your thoughts at any given time, because you will find yourself making contradictory statements. Don't tell yourself that it's going to be easy and then complain when it's not. Lower your expectations and just see where each time trial takes you before jumping to conclusions. Do a few laps to understand what you're dealing with before focusing on specific problem areas. If you feel like you're braking to early somewhere, brake later. If you feel like you're turning into a corner too late, turn a bit earlier. Focus on the little things and you will see the times fall.
Or the more simple thing for me to do is to just do the TT's and shut up, and only worry about bronze/silver. Gold is not on my mind anymore thanks to TumeK5 for talking some sense into me the other day. Actually no one needs to complain about any TT because they should be used for fun, not for trying to be better than everyone else.

@Gomario JSP Wow, you're 78th. Awesome, soon enough you'll be in the professional alien league. Keep it going.

@crome Welcome to the 49 club, enjoy your fame and glory.

cocktails praise him GIF

Last edited:
Actually no one needs to complain about any TT because they should be used for fun, not for trying to be better than everyone else.
Well that's just not true :D I'm always trying to be better than @Dan_Tes or @bliprunner for example, but more often than not, fail in my mission :lol:
But that's the beauty of it, searching for those last thousands, perfecting the lap, otherwise I would just do the gold and leave it, like I used to do before.

Morning folks,

Most of my time went in the snow sliding this morning but did take some time to hop in the Beemer, I gained some real time on the Suppadupaquattro corner compared to my best sector and had quite a descent hairpin exit, I struggle with that, so squirly in 2nd .
Seems like a sloppy lap and was kind of surprised it was reasonably fast

So maby a but agression pays off on the M3,
The rest is pure throttle controle, very fun challenge!

1000026692.jpg

1000026697.jpg

Have a great weekend you all

Or the more simple thing for me to do is to just do the TT's and shut up, and only worry about bronze/silver. Gold is not on my mind anymore thanks to TumeK5 for talking some sense into me the other day. Actually no one needs to complain about any TT because they should be used for fun, not for trying to be better than everyone else.

I'm sure other users, like our @Gomario JSP complained/bitched about it when they first started the TT's a little while after gt7 came out. But after a lot of practice they started to grow and get much better.

@crome Welcome to the 49 club, enjoy your fame and glory.

cocktails praise him GIF

I don't get it, am I missing something here?,
Sure I express if I don't like something about the combo, but bitching is a big word, besides most of the TT's I find quite amusing

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure other users, like our @Gomario JSP complained/bitched about it when they first started the TT's
What the hell? Why are you calling out another member at random?

Remember that DM I sent you which you then decided didn't need to be private and posted on Discord? Go and read it again, but this time heed it; you're slipping back into old, bad habits again.

Edit: I think that instead of just editing the post, making a new post to tell me you've edited it, and telling me to go look at the edited post to prove it's been edited (which I can already see, because I'm not a moron), you owe @Gomario JSP an apology for this totally random jab at him. And you need to do what I said in the second paragraph, because part of the DM I sent you a while back included comments about you just straight-up ignoring advice - and you've ignored the advice contained in the DM...

Last edited:
@Gomario JSP Hey, I'm sorry I called you out earlier, I need to take it out on who it belongs which are my narcissistic grandparents because they spoiled me back then and gave me anything I want and I didn't have to do any work for it much. I like watching all your videos and battling out there on the track, :)

Just forget about what I said earlier. My mom even said I need to change my attitude in life. The world does not revolve around me.

Last edited:
@Gomario JSP Hey, I'm sorry I called you out earlier, I need to take it out on who it belongs which are my narcissistic grandparents because they spoiled me back then and gave me anything I want and I didn't have to do any work for it much. I like watching all your videos and battling out there on the track, :)

Just forget about what I said earlier. My mom even said I need to change my attitude in life. The world does not revolve around me.
Apology accepted Chris

Hi,

Meanwhile, in another part of the forest.....

I have worked out what I am doing wrong with the BMW at Dragon Trail - Gardens! Having watched a few laps and had a wee small practice. I am driving the car like I stole it. Trying to wring every last 10th out of a lap. That said, I managed a half decent lap of 1:50:7xx.

Having just watched Gomario JSP's lap, I know now that I need to drive it like I am being chased by a gang of Columbian Drug dealers who have mistaken me for a guy that owes them 40 million dollars and they are going to chop me into little pieces if I don't pay up by 6:00pm today!!!

That is one he** of a lap Gomario!

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Hi,

Meanwhile, in another part of the forest.....

I have worked out what I am doing wrong with the BMW at Dragon Trail - Gardens! Having watched a few laps and had a wee small practice. I am driving the car like I stole it. Trying to wring every last 10th out of a lap. That said, I managed a half decent lap of 1:50:7xx.

Having just watched Gomario JSP's lap, I know now that I need to drive it like I am being chased by a gang of Columbian Drug dealers who have mistaken me for a guy that owes them 40 million dollars and they are going to chop me into little pieces if I don't pay up by 6:00pm today!!!

That is one he** of a lap Gomario!

Best regards to all here.

Ian.
Drive like you stole it Ian 🤣🤣
I must admit that this was the most agressive approach of all laps on the multiple lefthander by yeeting it for the first apex in 4th, feels good too 🤣

Thanks mate!

Last edited:
Into Gold at Dragon's Fail Jardin, took about 8-9 laps and there's lots of time to gain. Still, I'm at a crossroads of whether to go nuts with this one because, on the one hand, it's nice to have a slack-bottomed Bavarian classic to throw about. Still, on the other, it's around a layout that just winds me up with its weird cambers, bumps and propensity to ruin a decent lap just because a kerb didn't like the way I was looking at it.

Either way, I'm sure I will need to return... and congrats to those crazy folk who are already in the sub 1:50's :crazy: :cheers:

IMG_3667.png

Into Gold at Dragon's Fail Jardin, took about 8-9 laps and there's lots of time to gain. Still, I'm at a crossroads of whether to go nuts with this one because, on the one hand, it's nice to have a slack-bottomed Bavarian classic to throw about. Still, on the other, it's around a layout that just winds me up with its weird cambers, bumps and propensity to ruin a decent lap just because a kerb didn't like the way I was looking at it.

Either way, I'm sure I will need to return... and congrats to those crazy folk who are already in the sub 1:50's :crazy: :cheers:

View attachment 1398675

Congratz to you too mate for making it to the 1'50.000 club. You have a lot of potential in you.

Congratz to you too mate for making it to the 1'50.000 club. You have a lot of potential in you.
Chris, if you take a moment and read back thru the thread you should note that when most of us post, it will generally be something specific relating to the current TT events...usually an update on our progress along with an associated screen shot showing our time and maybe a vid of the lap. On occasion maybe that's not true and it's just a joke or unrelated comment but mostly it's true. If you look at your posts on the other hand you'll see that almost none relate specifically to your progress in the current events. Often you are posting comments about other people's progress or general comments about what you are "going to do" to master the event - stuff like eating some pizza or going to bed. You almost never post an update showing your actual progress, which is sort of the primary concern here right? It might be a good idea for you to make an effort to limit your posts more to the actual progress update type of post and less to the personal or cheerleader/friendly banter sort of posts. Most (not all of course but most) posts should be related to actual progress updates...or in the event you feel progress isn't going to happen then just a simple "think I'm done with this one" post and then there's not much more to say till the next one. Just a thought...

Well, 2 sessions no improvement. I guess it is time to do something else. My turn to be the rabbit (or sitting duck) for @Jeje6410 to catch on this one.
I tried to catch @crome (great time, mate!!), but every time I had a good split, the chicane got me, No luck with trying steery cheat mode either.
Finally, whoever decided that an invalidation on the chicane invalidates the next lap can ** my **.

IMG_20241019_101443191.jpg

Back