Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,454 comments
Hi guys,

just a quick note to those of you who use my gtplanet plug-in: I am currently doing some maintenance on my server, so the plug-in not working is not your fault, it's mine ;)

I will let you know when it should work again.

Edit: works again for now, but there will still be some outages over the weekend.

Last edited:
Yesssss i golded the Michelin TT 🏅😁
It's a track that i kinda hate so this is a totally unexpected result for me 👊🏻💣
And in front of Valerio Gallo too 👀
IMG_20241025_185905.jpg

IMG_20241025_190011.jpg

I'm pleased with my pickup, even if it was less than a tenth and a half up over yesterday. But it's hard to gain time when you're almost at your limit already. With that said, my optimal was another tenth faster. I can definitely do better in sector 1. It feels like a flip of the coin whether I get out of the final corner cleanly or not, though. :P
IMG_3756.jpg

Last edited:
Ever so slight improvement without CSA and ASM. Are you guys finding yourselves faster or slower with them on this one?
I have only had success with CSA once (the Dino 246 at Sardegna Reverse). I have never had any success with ASM. I don't even remember they are there anymore unless the subject comes up. I tried it on a TT recently, same story. Slower, clumsier, restrictive. It always felt like driving with my hands and feet tied. But then, I am not very fast to start with.

Regards,
Ken

Ran a a 2 stints in the BMW last night. First one was only about 10 laps and got a fairly decent time of 1:50.4xx.

Then came back and ran a bunch more laps. Wasn't making any progress and was about to give up. Ran "just one more lap" and turned this in. Couldn't quite get into the 49s, but I'll settle for it. Might take one more try at it, but I'm eager to work on the Vulcan at Interlagos! Ran just a couple of unimpressive laps on that one last night, but I was too tired, so I'll give it a try later

TT_DragonTrail_M3.jpg

Every time trial I try to gold just serves to remind me how bad I actually am 🥲
Well I'm no one to ask advices for, but maybe you should try to aim at Silver then... improving is a process which takes time and commitment, some people take longer than others and that's ok but not everyone has the skills/time/willpower to become an "alien" (thankfully).
Look at it as a ladder, you climb one step at a time, and the higher you go the harder it gets... don't start building a house by the roof, start from the ground up, make a solid foundation and work your way up.
And most importantly: have fun while doing it, if that doesn't happen then maybe you should go and do something else :D

Now, my weekly results:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20241025211128.jpg

After some more laps, I managed to secure a Silver at the Croissant.
It was a nice Time Trial, with a somewhat demanding car... not that it is unpredictable or hard to drive, it certainly isn't but its rear end can get lively pretty easy when coming out of corners, especially when in 2nd and 3rd gear (despite the Racing Softs).
Or maybe I shouldn't have such a heavy right foot... I might need to work a bit more on my throttle sensitivity!
Anyway, it's another Silver and another million credits in my pocket so, happy days :dopey:

Time for the beemer at Dragon Trail:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20241025211252.jpg

Definitely made an improvement here, from 1:54.839 to 1:52.106, now a Silver-worthy lap time.
I believe this is the first time I get so close to being within the top 10000, and I'm quite pleased with it!
However, I still need to find a whole second to come closer to Gold, and that might not be an easy task here... some more lap time video analysis is needed.

I'll keep on trying and see where I end up.

I'm having fun with this Aston Martin and this circuit !!!!😍😍
Wow this is becoming addictive !!!!
I don't know if this will be the last test of the day but (I know some people are tired of seeing time improvements) but I was able to improve my time to 1'27'256 with TC at 0.
And this will really be the last video. 🤞🤞🤣🤣
Sorry again for all these improvement and replay posts. I promise I'll stop 🤔🤔...or not...🤣🤣
1000003852.jpg

I'm having fun with this Aston Martin and this circuit !!!!😍😍
Wow this is becoming addictive !!!!
I don't know if this will be the last test of the day but (I know some people are tired of seeing time improvements) but I was able to improve my time to 1'27'256 with TC at 0.
And this will really be the last video. 🤞🤞🤣🤣
Sorry again for all these improvement and replay posts. I promise I'll stop 🤔🤔...or not...🤣🤣
View attachment 1400575

Don't be sorry my friend! Sharing your progress is an awesome thing to do! Keep it up! 😎

And yes, the Vulcan is (surpringsly) a very good drive! At first I was afraid it would be more like a VGT kind of driving but no! It is a pleasure to drive.

Not only that, the combo is not that difficult to gold however finding those extra tenths like you and many other drivers here, is something else.... Interlagos is such a technical track. Those guys going sub 1:27" are crazy fast.

Great lap time of yours!

Don't be sorry my friend! Sharing your progress is an awesome thing to do! Keep it up! 😎

And yes, the Vulcan is (surpringsly) a very good drive! At first I was afraid it would be more like a VGT kind of driving but no! It is a pleasure to drive.

Not only that, the combo is not that difficult to gold however finding those extra tenths like you and many other drivers here, is something else.... Interlagos is such a technical track. Those guys going sub 1:27" are crazy fast.

Great lap time of yours!
Thanks a lot my friend :cheers:

You're an animal, your scores are damn incredible !! Bravo Ed :cheers:
I'm 1.9 sec slower and seen from here, it's like an eternity.

Just curious: are you flighing back to Alfa Centaury before enter the top 10 with the Vulcan?
Thanks 🍻

The Vulcan comes with racing tires and i don't like Interlagos anyway, so easy desicion to skip this one.
This gives me some time for holidays on my home planet i guess. 🤔👽🤭

Had a short session this morning in an attempt to get under my prior best of 1:50.006. Honestly surprised myself having done many laps last weekend on this how easy the time came today. Two clean laps in 26 miles and boom! Great T1 and T2 (for me), with a fairly mediocre T3 but still pleased with the lap time. Not sure what this would have looked like with a good last couple of corners, but think I’m parking this car up in the garage now… was a fun but challenging event. :cheers:
1729965977794.jpeg

1729966007461.jpeg

1729966032812.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back