Tips for a beginner pleaseF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Greisen
  • 7 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Greisen
Hey dudes, just bought F2010 today. I've been playing all the GT's so it know what car games is about. I saw that you can change a lot of settings on you car etc. I am starting with a Lotus.

Is there any settings that you would recommend me using?

Hi there,
generaly each track is different, and need different settings of downforce, ridehigh etc.
You will find a lot of setups here in the forum. Or directly in codemasters forum.

But at the beginning You can drive with settings shale i say "standard" in the game.

If You want to fight for best times in time trials than You will need to change setups more deeply.

It takes time to get used to that transition from GT, trust me

It gets a lot easier after a week or two. Don't worry about tuning yet - the default setups are actually quite good (if you pick the right one for the right circuit)

other than that, just start practicing. and PLAY ONLINE - you will get very good very fast due to the competition you are up against ;)

Hey dudes, just bought F2010 today. I've been playing all the GT's so it know what car games is about. I saw that you can change a lot of settings on you car etc. I am starting with a Lotus.

I'm new to F1 also.. and coming from GT5, i thought this was a rather "arcade-ish" game.. boy was i wrong.

I started out with no assists and at the hardest setting. I could never keep up.. and ended dead last. So i switched the difficulty and now i'm actually winning a few races. My advice is to start on "easy" and go from there.

p.s. And i know that you wanted the Settings, but i just wanted to share a little of bit of what i just experienced ;)

Cheers.

For best setups and guides for F1 2010 check Race department forum:

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-game/

Watch some videos from Steve Stoop and his commentaries. This will help you a lot ;)

Back