Today's Special - OEM rims available for other cars.

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 10 comments

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
This was a much-loved feature in the GT4 days: it allowed users to fit other cars' stock rims to their current car. Of course, in those days, the rim scaled to fit the current car's rim size (so fitting R34 six-spokes on the old '70 GT-R meant they'd drop a few inches), so perhaps PD could change that in GT6. Realism be damned; it'd be cool to be able to specify the rim size regardless of what the original fitment was.

This feature provided endless options: those afore-mentioned R34 rims on a Z32 Fairlady looked fantastic, and the old Subaru gold five-spoke rims looked a treat on the newer Scoobs. PD, bring this back :)

(Want to see the old database? Here it is, courtesy of @CAMAROBOY69 )

(10.14.15 EDIT - Archived image added)

gt4wheels114cz3.jpg

Last edited:
@SlipZtrEm Dang that wheel database is a blast from the past (2005). I do appreciate the tag. 👍
Edit: Looks like the original images in that thread don't work anymore.

*dusts old thread before posting* ...right.

Wow, can't believe I forgot this neat feature from GT4. I remember fitting a lot of standard wheels from other cars to the cars I usually drive, but the only ones I remember are my Spoon Integra DC2 fitted with a wheel that has a blue lining (can't remember which car that was from), and my Mazda RX-7 Spirit R which has the wheels from the Mazda 787B (God that looks so sexyyyy :drool: )

So yeah, I would love to have this feature back. 👍👍

I didn't even know this was ever a thing, pretty neat. Additionally they should add the option to paint stock wheels, but that's another feature.

I didn't even know this was ever a thing, pretty neat. Additionally they should add the option to paint stock wheels, but that's another feature.
Yeah. I remember having a Yellowbird with GNX wheels on it. I remember advancing the days just to try and find the exact wheel rim I wanted on a specific vehicle.

Yes! This needs to return. I had 787B and Falcon V8 Supercar wheels on everything way back in the day.

I already have used this feature on GT4. I have putted Takata Dome NSX's rims on a Honda Today G '85 and it looked awesome for me.

Back