Toe-out settings have not been fixed...

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
...l thought they had been but...idk...this is one crazy messed up game when it comes down to tuning.
They're so many absurd variables, it's nuts!

I just tested out the 308 GTB at the horror show of a track Lago Maggiore and a toe-out setting on the front does indeed still promote understeer, as opposed to oversteer.

Last edited:
Also, racing at Dragon Trail Gardens WTC 700 in the 308 GTB with a semi-soft suspension setup, here at this track it feels firmer compared to elsewhere..nuts!

How many new threads are you going to start about this?
Until Polyphony sees it and fixes it.

...l thought they had been but...idk...this is one crazy messed up game when it comes down to tuning.
They're so many absurd variables, it's nuts!

I just tested out the 308 GTB at the horror show of a track Lago Maggiore and a toe-out setting on the front does indeed still promote understeer, as opposed to oversteer.

Front toe shouldn't directly encourage oversteer though, it's mainly used to increases turn-in agility.

Your understeer issue could literally be many different things. Rear spring rate, rear toe, weight distribution etc.

Could you post your setup?

Increasing rear camber promotes oversteer on the 512BB when it should be promoting understeer...this is absolutely nuts!

I say this word 'promote' quite simply.

Btw, l used to work as a car mechanic. Believe it or not. I know what settings do what and what i'm talking about.

It's no wonder your all complaining of cars oversteering and spinning out!

'On a road course front toe primarily affects eagerness of the car to turn and mid-corner understeer/oversteer balance. A car with front toe out will initiate direction changes more easily than a car with front toe in.'

For you, Streeto...

Also, l think a lot of people on here need a 'heads up' if they're complaining about oversteer and spinning out.

None of my 'mr' and 'fr' cars spin out or oversteer with this knowledge of backwards settings.

Last edited:
Increasing rear camber promotes oversteer on the 512BB when it should be promoting understeer...this is absolutely nuts!

I say this word 'promote' quite simply.

Btw, l used to work as a car mechanic. Believe it or not. I know what settings do what and what i'm talking about.

It's no wonder your all complaining of cars oversteering and spinning out!

'On a road course front toe primarily affects eagerness of the car to turn and mid-corner understeer/oversteer balance. A car with front toe out will initiate direction changes more easily than a car with front toe in.'

For you, Streeto...

Also, l think a lot of people on here need a 'heads up' if they're complaining about oversteer and spinning out.

None of my 'mr' and 'fr' cars spin out or oversteer with this knowledge of backwards settings.
You may or may not be an expert on car setups, but you need to learn how to use an edit button.

It's not linear. More rear camber can very likely mean less tire contacting the road in a turn, which means less rear grip which means over steer (relative).

I was a mechanic as well, and I completely disagree with your "findings".

Perhaps you should share your tune of choice, track you're using it on, and the lap times you're running. Let others test and verify your concern and we can try to pinpoint the actual problem.

The blanket statements you're spewing, contradicting, and then renigging aren't helping anyone.

You can't make a generalization like this - that's not how camber works. You use camber to maximize the contact patch of the tires, and if your camber settings are off, you won't achieve maximum grip on that end of the car.

If you have too much camber in the rear already, adding more won't induce understeer... That will just make the car oversteer worse because the contact patch on the rear is even smaller. Gran Turismo has always favored lower camber settings, as do other sims, so it makes sense in the game that you're getting oversteer by adding rear camber.

I have already stated to you all that my cars do not SPIN OUT or OVERSTEER anymore, relative to my knowledge and making the right adjustments of these backwards settings.
My settings are intuitive and are not extreme or failing in any way.

Some of you on here have only wanted to put down my findings and to stay ignorant of what l am saying.

So carry on. Carry on nursing your cars around the bends. Smooth inputs everyone...some more than others.
I have tried helping. Keep your heads in the sand for all l care.

Bye.

Last edited:
I have already stated to you all that my cars do not SPIN OUT or OVERSTEER anymore, relative to my knowledge and making the right adjustments of these backwards settings.
Massive toe out settings are extreme, so you're contradicting yourself. Make up your mind, are you using extreme toe out to fix oversteer, or are you using perfectly normal toe settings and the car never had oversteer to begin with?

It can't be both.

Some of you on here have only wanted to put down my findings and to stay ignorant of what l am saying.

So carry on. Carry on nursing your cars around the bends. Smooth inputs everyone...some more than others.
I have tried helping. Keep your heads in the sand for all l care.

Bye.
No one is trying to put you down; we're just questioning your claims because no one else has experienced your issues, and you haven't provided any car settings or lap times to back it up.

We all want to learn, so if you're confident in your findings, post the evidence. It could also be a case that you're missing something, and one of us could help you figure out what it is, but there's no way to tell what's going on if you only provide personal anecdotes.

Hey, mate! As people have explained already, you can easily dial in oversteering tendencies to a car if you overshoot your rear camber by not having enough of a contact patch on the road, allowing the rear end to break traction too soon. Didn't you mistake rear camber for rear toe in? Toe in tends to promote understeer more often, but you can still cripple your rear end on a heavy braking zone or the like.

Anyway, front toe out has its own balancing act. Surely I'm not a mechanic by trade so take it with a grain of salt, but it's not that hard to see it happening. With too much toe out on the front, you'll probably get that snap in response on corner entry, but you may set such a geometry with the steering angle that you get specially the inside of the inside tyre scrubbing against the tarmac, resisting the turn. That issue manifests mostly on long, prolonged corners.

So too much toe out on the front may give you a sharp turn in coupled with mid corner understeer.

Back