Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2025

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 4 (Import Tuner Challenge cough cough) says hello
I can't find any indication that ITC wore the TXR name anywhere - it was ITC in the USA and Europe, and Shotuko Battle X in Japan.

In any case, the last game to have a TXR name was TXR Drift 2, which was only in the USA as it was a Kaido Battle/Racer game elsewhere (and launched earlier; the original title came out in 2005; the US version in 2007).

But either way, I defer to Genki...

... who acknowledge TXR, TXR2, TXR:0, and TXR3 only.

I can't find any indication that ITC wore the TXR name anywhere - it was ITC in the USA and Europe, and Shotuko Battle X in Japan.

In any case, the last game to have a TXR name was TXR Drift 2, which was only in the USA as it was a Kaido Battle/Racer game elsewhere (and launched earlier; the original title came out in 2005; the US version in 2007).

But either way, I defer to Genki...

... who acknowledge TXR, TXR2, TXR:0, and TXR3 only.

Presumably, only series with the title "Tokyo Xtreme Racer" were selected for this trailer.
Therefore, the Japanese version of the trailer only showed the title logos for Shutokou Battle, Shutokou Battle 2, Shutokou Battle Zero, and Shutokou Battle 01.

Also, as an aside, considering that they reuse the livery used in ITC/Shutokou Battle X in many of their games, it doesn't mean that they don't love this game.
DIX9s81UEAAz4Cn.jpg

Dnlhgv_U0AE_VPd.jpg

Presumably, only series with the title "Tokyo Xtreme Racer" were selected for this trailer.
That being my assumption and intrinsic to both the article and my response above.

I'm not able to find any evidence that ITC was called "Tokyo Xtreme Racer 4".

Therefore, the Japanese version of the trailer only showed the title logos for Shutokou Battle, Shutokou Battle 2, Shutokou Battle Zero, and Shutokou Battle 01.

Also, as an aside, considering that they reuse the livery used in ITC/Shutokou Battle X in many of their games, it doesn't mean that they don't love this game.
Quite, and I'm sure they've loved all of their games, but again I'm not able to find any evidence that ITC was called "Tokyo Xtreme Racer 4".

Yes, ITC was never called Tokyo Xtreme Racer 4. In fact, it would be more accurate to say that it couldn't have been called that in the first place.

Because the TXR trademark belongs to Crave, not Genki, and they were in the middle of a mess of an acquisition at the time.
(Note: that the their TXR trademark expired when the company that acquired them went bankrupt in 2013.)

As stated above ITC couldn't be called TXR due to trademark. It was published by Ubisoft, who couldn't call it that. Same thing with the PSP game Street Supremacy. It was published by Konami, who also couldn't call it TXR.

Genki not acknowledging SBX (or PSP) is as weird as Crave calling Kaido Battle TXR.

Then again, Genki didn't acknowledge any of the previous games, of which I own myself personally.

It seems like this one will be called TXR in Japan as well, but will probably have the SB logo as well.

y20y8zD.jpeg

That said, this is very important to me. I've done the real life thing due to this. I will probably time my next trip to Japan for the release, as long as this comes out physically on console, and is not released in the winter. I will buy this on Steam of course, I'll mod the music to be from TXR1 and Zero if there's no jukebox mode. I'll buy PS5 and XBOX (if that happens) in Japanese and English, and those will be for the shelf.

Last edited:
I can't wait this series was my childhood, my name literally deriving from it. I don't really have any words for how excited I am for this game.

Which would be weird since, to my understanding could be wrong, it was originally ripped from Genki's Wangan Midnight on the PS3.
I think it's both Wangan Midnight and (to a limited extent) TXR, but they've also done a lot of their own work - Shibuya Crossing being one example, if I recall

Hecc!

And double Hecc!

This series has been one of those diamonds in the rough that just begs for more polish. Many an hour with TXR2 on the Dreamcast, plugging away with the regular slowdown and horrid, ice-sheet handling. Wild that on an emulator, the physics feel better somehow, coinciding with the lack of slowdown? I don't know, doesn't matter. The point is between 2 and Zero, I've put a ton of hours into these games despite their myriad of flaws.

For me, good physics and controls are paramount. Get all the basics right, then fill in those details. Interior views would be nice, and a wider selection of cars and opponents to race would be great. Dynamic weather and time of day, too, meaning you'd have to check forecasts and choose/set up your car accordingly. IMO, that's all they really need to do, take the core concept and make it perfect with modern tech.

I really hope they're able to get Daiki Kasho back for the music. It's what really elevated the ps2 era games and gave them that unforgettable vibe.
Crazy to think how many games that dude's composed for that were so influential for me as a kid. TXR and especially GT were huge for me back then.

...Wonder how it would feel to blast "5OUL ON D!SPLAY" and/or "SURV1V3" while duking it out on Tokyo's highways in the upcoming TXR?

Damn I didn't even know Daiki Kasho composed stuff in TXR series.
Only a couple songs, both in conjunction with Dakota Star. Those being the intro song for TXRD2...

...and the end credits song for TXR3,...

...which, fun fact, has an alternate version in the original Japanese release. The alt version plays when you beat all the main bosses in Part 2 of the campaign. No idea who the singer is, though.

Kasho also did the intro song for Wangan Midnight on the PS2, which also goes very hard indeed.

They want to know players' favorite cars from past TXR series.

Maybe this is a survey to decide the car list for the new TXR. If there is a car you want to see in the new TXR, don't be shy and send them your opinion!

What would you like to see? I would like to see the ST205 and some VIP saloon. Both were my buddys and favorites.

amarec (20170829-003509).png

amarec (20180110-091450).png

Update: Added a link to a similar survey tweet from the Tokyo Xtreme Racer (English) account!

Last edited:
I would like to see Honda return (Civic, Integra and the NSX). I know that they weren’t licensed in TXR0 but should be doable considering that the brand is available (at least the NSX:es) in the Wangan Midnight arcade games.

MXH
I would like to see Honda return (Civic, Integra and the NSX). I know that they weren’t licensed in TXR0 but should be doable considering that the brand is available (at least the NSX:es) in the Wangan Midnight arcade games.
Honda has recently been taking a more relaxed stance on granting licenses to video games, and Genki has already confirmed through contact with Route KS that they are trying to get the NSX into the game.
Perhaps Honda will also be available with the new TXR.

Honda has recently been taking a more relaxed stance on granting licenses to video games, and Genki has already confirmed through contact with Route KS that they are trying to get the NSX into the game.
They were also in Shutokou Battle Xtreme gacha, as a precedent.

The results of last week's survey have been announced.
From the results, it seems that this survey was not a reference for car lists, but rather a survey to decide which model they would pre-release on Twitter or YouTube from the models they have already made for the TXR2025.
And one of the top five cars will be revealed next week. I'm looking forward to seeing which car will be revealed.

1: Nissan Skyline GT-R
2: Toyota Supra
3: Mazda RX-7
4: Nissan Silvia
5: Nissan Fairlady Z

Nice, looking forward to it! Regardless, I hope they've compiled a decent list from the suggestions they've received.

Crossing my fingers for GRP to release some (early) gameplay footage soon as well 🤞
The NSX and the S2000 are the sole reason why I'm currently playing TXR0 once again (among other games) 😅
I really hope Honda makes it into the game.

Edit : Does this confirm Toyota for TXR?

Last edited:
MXH
Edit : Does this confirm Toyota for TXR?
I'll be surprised if it isn't. It's long past that period where Toyota refuse to be in racing games unless they're developed or published by Japanese devs. And even if they still are, Genki is a Japanese dev so Toyota would show preference to them.

Last edited:
I'll be surprised if it isn't. It's long past that period where Toyota refuse to be in racing games unless they're developed or published by Japanese devs. And even if they still are, Genki is a Japanese dev so Toyota would show preference to them.
Toyota seems to be extremely cautious not to be associated with street racing, but on the other hand their cars are available in WMMT6RR, NFS Mobile (published by Tencent) as well No Limits, FH and TC:MF 💁‍♂️Did parts of EA piss in their cereal?

Either way, slightly irrelevant to this topic...roll on next week!

Back