Tomahawk X - new 600pp build without power restrictor - over 620km/h!

• Thread starter Papiculo64
  • 40 comments
I managed to get a 1:04,043 with the setup from @Pizzicato1985. I feel i can still do better with that one. But now I'm curious about yours..

49d22bb22f43f93980508f9bf92904f1.png

I managed to get a 1:04,043 with the setup from @Pizzicato1985. I feel i can still do better with that one. But now I'm curious about yours..

View attachment 1138248

Amazing lap! 😮
I will give a try at this setup! Thanks for the hint :)

You should definitively give it a tryat this one too, as even in fuel map 6 you can go over 600km'h on the straights! In fuel map 1 it's a true monster but really difficult to handle and your fuel will disappear in a blink. My 1:06.954 lap was on fuel map 4. I only use fuel map 6 and 4 on this race so that I don't have to pit, but ultimately I think you can run it under one minute in fuel map 1 if you manage to handle it. Very, very tricky though... You want to try it in the last few laps or pitalot 😁

Can’t manage to get under 600, just bought tomahawk today and used the tutorial, 1250pp doing exactly the same as the video, don’t know where is the problem, maybe patch?

Can’t manage to get under 600, just bought tomahawk today and used the tutorial, 1250pp doing exactly the same as the video, don’t know where is the problem, maybe patch?
It is not patch just follow the steps in this video here and watch it a few times.

If you want to try the build I posted you have to be sure all is the same as in my video. The DGL by example MUST BE the fully customisable one unlike the others build. Same with ECU. Max speed must be set on 590 before tuning the gears ratio. The fourth shift has tendency to change after tuning it so you might look if your ratios hasn't change and rectify if so.
Anyway, pause the video and look if all the parts and stats are the same ;)

Last edited:
If you want to try the build I posted you have to be sure all is the same as in my video. The DGL by example MUST BE the fully customisable one unlike the others build. Same with ECU. Max speed must be set on 590 before tuning the gears ratio. The fourth shift has tendency to change after tuning it so you might look if your ratios hasn't change and rectify if so.
Ive also checked youre video multiple times. I have the exact same settings, but i cant get i under 1267pp...

Ive also checked youre video multiple times. I have the exact same settings, but i cant get i under 1267pp...
Can you send pictures of your settings so that I can see if there's something wrong?
I'm playing right now and it still works with every build I tried so far.
Is your oil and engine in excellent condition when you go to the car maintenance in GT auto?

Can you send pictures of your settings so that I can see if there's something wrong?
I'm playing right now and it still works with every build I tried so far.
Is your oil and engine in excellent condition when you go to the car maintenance in GT auto?
I just bought it. Not even driven a mile with it. Bought the racing gearbox, en hard tires, power restrictor. Then adjust te gearbox to the correct settings.
I let the power on 100 as shown in jou setting. But only when i set both to 70 i get 595pp

I just bought it. Not even driven a mile with it. Bought the racing gearbox, en hard tires, power restrictor. Then adjust te gearbox to the correct settings.
I let the power on 100 as shown in jou setting. But only when i set both to 70 i get 595pp
Racing hard tires?
Did you buy and equip the fully customized differencial gear and full control computer?
Did you adjust the suspensions as in the video too?
Can you take a picture with your phone and post it here?
Other players didn't have issue or it was just a little mistake in the settings, and the exploit hasn't been patched yet.

Edit: it's not used in this build but to be sure buy the ballast too.

Last edited:
Did exactly as the video, every step, i will check again for 4th gear, but I’m sure i did it well…let me see

One more thing, when you have multiple sheets, especially if you use the "copy sheet" function it can be buggy sometimes. I had the same problem a few days ago. Deleted all the sheets and made a new one, it worked perfectly.

Has anyone discussed the “Taming of Tommy Hawk”? This car is unbelievably TWITCHY!!! 90% of every turn has a boost of Active Aero and pounds the wall for yet another penalty!

What can be done about this? IIRC, we aren’t supposed to deviate from the suspension settings?

I’m on my T500rs, and my shoulders are getting a workout! The wheel settings are on the softer side, especially for this car! I went and drove the GT-R gr3 in S9 and that wheel had no feeling until I dialed FFB back in.

Been running this new setup for past few days and its quite a lot of fun. 18:45.706 has been my best so far with this setup and improving. Best single lap time has been 1:18.XXX

Has anyone discussed the “Taming of Tommy Hawk”? This car is unbelievably TWITCHY!!! 90% of every turn has a boost of Active Aero and pounds the wall for yet another penalty!

What can be done about this? IIRC, we aren’t supposed to deviate from the suspension settings?

I’m on my T500rs, and my shoulders are getting a workout! The wheel settings are on the softer side, especially for this car! I went and drove the GT-R gr3 in S9 and that wheel had no feeling until I dialed FFB back in.

Playing on wheel too, with a G29, and yeah, this set up turns really fast except in the first hairpin xD With a controller it's far much difficult though!

You should try this new setup, it's less powerful for sure, but really stable and far more easy to play with wheel. You can go under 15 minutes far more easier than with other setups.

Been running this new setup for past few days and its quite a lot of fun. 18:45.706 has been my best so far with this setup and improving. Best single lap time has been 1:18.XXX

GG ^^
And yes, even if it's not the faster in overall time because of the first laps, neither the easier one to master, it's the setup I found the most fun to play and challenging ^^
Hitting the 620km/h mark with full boost in the straight with the wheel going totally nuts and takeover the IA at ridiculous speeds is a feeling I will remember for long!
With the intermediate tires setup I can reduce the race time around 14:30, but even in the straight you barelly hit 580km/h and the feeling is not the same at all. Ultimately you make a smoother race and more regular laps but it's not as fun as the top speed setup for sure!

Last edited:
I don't want to go too offtopic but do the Logitech G29 offer better control than a PS4 stock controller. I have never raced on a sim wheel setup so i have no clue. It also occupies lot of space.

Also how would G29 compare to Fanatec DD Pro would it offer superior control.

I don't want to go too offtopic but do the Logitech G29 offer better control than a PS4 stock controller. I have never raced on a sim wheel setup so i have no clue. It also occupies lot of space.

Also how would G29 compare to Fanatec DD Pro would it offer superior control.
I bought my G29 last year to use it on GT7 and I trained on GT sport. Didn't play GT sport in an eternity and played most of the GT games with controller, so it took a full week to get used to the wheel, playing time trials many hours a day before doing better lap times than with the controller. After that it took me less than 2 weeks to get the platinum trophy (I had less than 20 victories online before buying the wheel!).

So yes, I think it's a very good improvment over contoller in terms of precision, regularity, stability, immersion and sensations. I have a smoother experience and can handle my stress and hand shaking far much better in online races or with super fast cars like the Tomahawk.
You can go from controller to wheel with a little practice, but imo it's far more difficult to go back to the controller after getting used to the wheel. You probably won't! 😁

Never tried the DD pro nor any other direct drive wheel, I'd love to but it's a totally different budget. You'll have better torque and a more realistic feeling plus a better range of torque settings, but I think the G29 is a very good wheel for its price range. With max torque and sensivity settled on 10 it is totally worth it and I think a very good choice for a first wheel. Plus, in terms of life span it's far much resistant than direct drive wheels, at least that's what I heard from a gtplanet user owning both of them.

Maybe you guys could help me. I'm using a G-29 but I need to know how to turn on the nitro, and how to adjust fuel control. Thanks guys

Maybe you guys could help me. I'm using a G-29 but I need to know how to turn on the nitro, and how to adjust fuel control. Thanks guys
You've got a R3 button on the right of,the wheel, that's it (it's not really a nitro for the Tomahawk, but you can shut the aerodynamics with this button, which gives a boost in the straights).
For the fuel control you have a +/- button on the left. Use it to go to fuel map, then use the red wheel spinner on the right to adjust the value 👍

Back