Tommy Kaira ZZ-II [Premium] 2000

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
This car has been becoming popular recently. It's also in my top 10 of cars in GT6 that have great value for money for what I've heard it can do. The ZZ-II had a long history in the GT franchise; it first showed up in GT2 as its concept counterpart and then made a showing in Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec as the pre-production prototype. It's since then has been in every other main Gran Turismo game and GTPSP.

On the basis on how good this car is, I believe this has earned the right to be a premium car.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 15-46-27 Tommykaira 公式アカウント (@tommykaira.official) • Instagram photos...png

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 15-46-33 Tommykaira 公式アカウント (@tommykaira.official) • Instagram photos...png

tommy_kaira_zz2.jpg
Tommy_Kaira_ZZII_rear.jpg

24074875997_b2384f5894_b.jpg

tk8.jpg

Here's a small article piece of the ASL badged version of the ZZ-II, which is just called the "RS-01".
goldy_1086079810_910320zz2.jpg

Specs:
Engine - Twin Turbo, Inline 6
Power - 542hp @5900rpm
Weight - 2205lbs (1000kg)
Transmission - Six Speed MT
Drivetrain - Mid Engine, AWD
Top Speed - 210 mph (claimed)
Accelerations - 0 to 60 mph in 3.3 Seconds

Link(s):
http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/tommy_kaira_zz2.html

Source for new images:

Last edited:
From what I've heard in the past, its performance is something like 0-60 in 3.2 with a top speed of 211 mph. Sounds entirely believable, considering the GT-R powerplant.

One thing I really don't get though is why it looked so completely different on GT2 :

image.jpg
image.jpg

That is blatantly not the same car. It looked more like a Noble or Ascari Ecosse back then...

From what I've heard in the past, its performance is something like 0-60 in 3.2 with a top speed of 211 mph. Sounds entirely believable, considering the GT-R powerplant.

One thing I really don't get though is why it looked so completely different on GT2 :

View attachment 343292 View attachment 343291

That is blatantly not the same car. It looked more like a Noble or Ascari Ecosse back then...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tommykaira-zz2-in-gt5-and-gt2.197413/#post-5139157 ;)

Oh yeah, I learned that this car never made it to production. Rather, it just got a pre-production prototype. I probably should update my op, hehe.

Darn, I can't believe how quickly this thread picked up on votes. With the most recent seasonal event, I got to know this car some more and I'm surprised at how well it performs; even when I got rid of some of the power. I really want this to be a premium car now.

wzzii_001.jpg

07072.jpg

I don't know but this Tommy Kaira is now a ASL RS01 now

...Check out the OP's link - ASL bought the concept car after its unveiling, and renamed it RS-01, with one eye towards putting it into production.

Coincidentally, typing ASL RS01 in Google search nets a lot of pics, way more easier than going with Tommy Kaira ZZ--II.

Also, according to Google, this car makes an appearance in GT Pro Series for Wii as ASL RS 01.

images

Some new video footage since I made this suggestion, nice to see this car get more exposure in the recent years. I also added a couple of new photos taken from Tommy Kaira's official Instagram page in the OP.

Back