• 9 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
512QunV.png
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
512QunV.png

file.php

The second-generation MR2, which arrived in 1989, represented the all-new version of the AW11, Japan's first mass produced mid-engine sports car. Toyota wanted to broaden the appeal of its two-seater to the general public, so it made the car larger. To compensate for the added mass Toyota increased the power. The 4A-G, a 1.6-liter inlinr-4, was swapped in favor of the 3S-G, a 2.0-liter DOHC inline-4, which produced 162 HP in naturally aspirated form and 221 HP when turbocharged. Unfortunately, with the new engines the handling characteristics of the AW11 worsened, as the exhibited a tendency to oversteer. As a result, in December 1991, the chassis was completely revised in the updated SW20 II model.

Things dramatically improved, even more so in 1994 with version III that featured more power via a stronger turbocharger, 241 HP and 224.2 lb-ft of torque. The naturally aspirated model also saw an increase in performance going to 177 HP and 141.0 lb-ft of torque. In June 1996, the IV added a helical LSD, as well as standard fare ABS. In December 1997, the V introduced the VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing-intelligence) to the naturally aspirated engine that was now pumping out 197 HP and 151.8 ft-lb of torque. With all these improvements, the SW20 became one of the most popular sports cars of its days, outshining the AW11, the model that started it all.

Specs:

file.php

file.php

file.php

________________________________________________________________________________

Vote for the GT1 homologation road car version of this Toyota too:

....Oh no, not you too, @Tsukishima....
Seems like a bad bug going 'round the suggestions forum, where good members of GTP suddenly starts a bunch of seemingly random suggestions for "premium-ize" standard cars. What the eff is going on here....
I like the MR2, so I'll "like" this one. For now.

Last edited:
...........Oh no, not you too, @Tsukishima....
Seems like a bad bug going 'round the suggestions forum, where good members of GTP suddenly starts a bunch of seemingly random suggestions for "premium-ize" standard cars. What the eff is going on here....
Probably in this case it was not "random" suggestion. I understand, that community may be tired of "make it premium" suggestions, but what if car is really good and certain person really want to suggest it, even though it happened to be "another standard". This particular MR2 is the best modification of second gen MR2 from my point of view and it's somewhat a cult car of the 90s. Also, this thread organized well and provides enough information about the car, not just a single picture, so...I don't see, why this is a bad thing. ;)

...........Oh no, not you too, @Tsukishima....
It's like what NorthernLight said, this is not just a suggestion to make some random car become a "premium".

I do think the MR2 looks great and I've been enjoying it since I bought one in the game, this is the suggestion for the MR2 with the highest amount of PP. If it was just a random suggestion I would be posting threads for all the other MR2s in the game. :lol:

I prefer the NA G-Limited version over this one. Is there a thread for that in here already?

Back