• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 7 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
GTPlanet, what do these three tracks have in common? Well, they are where the three American courses which host big endurance races. Had this been "best endurance track," Le Mans would be a runaway favorite. But this is about American race tracks that host big American endurances. Which is the best of the three? Sebring hosts the 12 Hours of Sebring. Road Atlanta hosts the Petit Le Mans (as of this date, it's coming on the 25th). Daytona hosts the only [popular] 24 Hour race in America. I believe the youngest endurance race is Petit Le Mans at about... 12 years, I don't know. The oldest endurance is the 12 Hours of Sebring with more than 50 races. So which is the best American endurance in America?

I'll start.

Seriously, I'm at a toss-up with Sebring and Road Atlanta. In one race, you do 12 hours on a pretty long track with a lot of history; the other you do 10 hours or 1,000 miles (whichever comes first) a track which I didn't know been around for more than 30 years. I'll have to go with Sebring because of the history and the prestige. The ALMS opens its season at this track, and there can be huge implications as you may get hooked up with a Le Mans invite. So that can mean that a race team with minimal funding and a great car can compete against the best of them. Just ask the Racer's Group Porsche team en route to great success last year.

Best American track for endurance racing. Which one is it, GTPlanet?

Well I live in relatively close to road atlanta, so it gets my vote, although attending Sebring a few years back was pretty nice, the atmosphere at road atlanta is just so much better. I mean, when you get dodge and chevy guys chanting back and forth, and then the porsche and ferrari(I'm Ferraristi:) guys stand up and join in the festivities, it's a beautiful thing.

During this year's Petit Le Mans, here's a DID YOU KNOW. DID YOU KNOW... that racer James Gue lives not too far from Road Atlanta and attends the University of Georgia? I'm pretty sure he's tough as nails both on the track and in school. Georgia couldn't take down Tennessee earlier this weekend in college football, but it's all good. Georgia's a solid place to learn. So more power to James Gue. Keep it up, champ.

Road Atlanta is a nice track. If you want to be really technical, I guess you can say the track is pretty easy and has about... 5 real corners to contend with. Sebring is a nice 3-mile challenge. Laps are about as long as at the Le Mans 24h.

Sebring, Daytona, or Road Atlanta. Which is the best American endurance racing track?

Thank you firestarter, I didn't mention it being difficult, due to the possibility of someone just coming out and saying that it is easy. I have taken a few laps there, and trust me, that track is very difficult. And about Sebring being long, isn't Road Atlanta like 2.5 miles or so itself?

Ok, alright. I apologize if my "Road Atlanta is pretty easy" phrase got everyone rather hot about it. I'd consider the challenge to be moderate to hard. Just wanted to say that so that people don't think I'm mad for saying "Road Atlanta is pretty easy."

So which is the better American endurance track?

Back