Trouble getting triple 4k monitors working, please help

• Thread starter Jules666
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
London
I have been running a single Samsung G7 4k 32" on a RTX4090 for a while, decided to upgrade to triple screens, so purchased two more Samsung G7 32" 4k's.

Only to find that I can not get them working all together!
I can get 2 working, I know its not a monitor issue as I can get a different 2 working but not all 3.
I have tried all kinds of cables DP to HDMI, DP to DP (that came with the monitors) nothing appears to work.
In Nvidia surround screen I can set 2 but it does not allow me to tick the 3rd, as when I do it un-ticks one of the others.
Nvidia live tech support were hopeless.

I have even hooked the 3 monitors up to my old (GTX2080ti) rig and I get the exact same issue.

Am I as the limit of what GPU's can drive? 3x4k@120hz?
I don't think so as I see on youtube folks have triple 4k's running.
Googling the symptoms and issues I see loads of folks having the same issue, so I wonder how folks on youtube have got round the issue?

Its really driving me crazy, so any assistance would be great.

Can you not get triple 4K at 60Hz
I think you need like the new AMD cards have with DP2.1 for the extra bandwidth it offers.

Samsungs upcoming 2023 version of the Neo G9 57” Dual 4K monitor supports upto 240Hz but that also requires DP2.1 additional bandwidth.

Last edited:
4080 baseline specs:

"4 - Multi Monitor:

• 4 independent displays at 4K 120Hz using DP or HDMI
  • 2 independent displays at 4K 240Hz or 8K 60Hz with DSC using DP or HDMI
  • Other display configurations may be possible based on available bandwidth"
So specs are not your issue. 4080 supports 4 displays @ 4k/120Hz. You should have no problem running 3 4K displays over your DP connections for example.

Smacks of driver issues to me. Have you tried a full uninstall and clean-up of all nVidia drivers and started again? It might also be Windows having issues. Perhaps a fresh clean install of Windows on a spare SSD/HDD just to check things out might be useful.

Not sure what the issue is. I'm running 3 Gigabyte M32U's through Nvidia Surround without issue. With a 4090 I'm running all 3 screens at 144hz.

In Nvidia surround screen I can set 2 but it does not allow me to tick the 3rd, as when I do it un-ticks one of the others.
You have to change your "topology" to 1x3, before you are permitted to select the 3 monitors. This setting is just above the display selection in the Nvidia surround control panel.

image.png

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Were you able to get these going? Both on a 3070 and 4070 TI Super, I was only able to get all 3 to come on at once if I changed the HZ on the monitor settings itself to 120hz vs the 165hz default.

Back