Tuning tips/guide?

Sweden
Sweden
I'm glad I found this sub-forum. 99% of the other posts on this forum is negative, entitled ********. Their arrogant attitude makes me sick, and I was just about to close this down for good.

So... What advice do you got for tuning? I got the 911 as many others for daily race B, bought some parts and can now consistently lap 1:42 - 1:43 (ABS only).
Do I have to fiddle with individual parameters to improve pace?
My next step is to fiddle with aerodynamics and gearing - I haven't touched that at all. Neither have I touched weight balance or gearing.
Is a two-way LSD always preferable?
Is 50:50 weight balance always preferable?

A lot of questions... 😅

I'm glad I found this sub-forum. 99% of the other posts on this forum is negative, entitled ********. Their arrogant attitude makes me sick, and I was just about to close this down for good.

So... What advice do you got for tuning? I got the 911 as many others for daily race B, bought some parts and can now consistently lap 1:42 - 1:43 (ABS only).
Do I have to fiddle with individual parameters to improve pace?
My next step is to fiddle with aerodynamics and gearing - I haven't touched that at all. Neither have I touched weight balance or gearing.
Is a two-way LSD always preferable?
Is 50:50 weight balance always preferable?

A lot of questions... 😅
I know what you mean. I have so many questions too.

So far I tune it in the best way that improves the PP but is that just numbers? Or is it going to provide the best results?

I know what you mean. I have so many questions too.

So far I tune it in the best way that improves the PP but is that just numbers? Or is it going to provide the best results?
I think you have to adapt the tuning to the specific track you're targeting... Possibly also driving style...

Despite the fiddling, which has its pros and cons, it at least makes the races more dynamic - that's fun!
In GT Sport, at A+, everyone is driving so similarly and perfectly that it can almost get boring at times.

I'm also using the new "Measure PP" (they really need to rename it lmao) feature, and it seems to work well enough to get a car stable from stock. It's hard to say if this makes it any faster though, and I really wish PD included a detailed manual on how to effectively tune a car.

In the meantime it's good enough to get going for those of us who know nothing about tuning.

I'm also using the new "Measure PP" (they really need to rename it lmao) feature, and it seems to work well enough to get a car stable from stock. It's hard to say if this makes it any faster though, and I really wish PD included a detailed manual on how to effectively tune a car.

In the meantime it's good enough to get going for those of us who know nothing about tuning.
Measure PP? What's that? Where? You don't mean the left field in the tuning menu?

Measure PP? What's that? Where? You don't mean the left field in the tuning menu?
Yes, left field in tuning. It simulates your new PP value from changes in settings.

I can't say how accurate it is, but it seems to work to make the car more stable. I haven't found it useful whatsoever for Wet or Dirt tracks so far tho (but I'm a tuning noob so what do I know?).

Well I've spent all afternoon trying to tune the daily race car (Toyota aqua s '11) and still the top racer's ghosts are moving TWICE as fast as me on the straight!! (driving the same car) Very frustrating!!!

I'm a racer not a mechanic!!!

Attachments

• 196F785C-EF8E-4B4C-A029-4D96E2CA0414.jpeg
    196F785C-EF8E-4B4C-A029-4D96E2CA0414.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 40
I’m wondering How do you change the kmh into mph while changing the gear ratios in the gear box option in the tuning menu of the car details, I’ve always been a mph person and used to mph while doing the gear ratios in past GT Games? I’m not used to, don’t really know much about kmh and it’s numbers compared with mph, Wondering if it’s possible Thank you much appreciated if anyone can help or advise on that 😌🙏🏻

I’m wondering How do you change the kmh into mph while changing the gear ratios in the gear box option in the tuning menu of the car details, I’ve always been a mph person and used to mph while doing the gear ratios in past GT Games? I’m not used to, don’t really know much about kmh and it’s numbers compared with mph, Wondering if it’s possible Thank you much appreciated if anyone can help or advise on that 😌🙏🏻
Rule of thumb I use is 100 KPH = 62 MPH, just to kind of estimate what i'm starting with on the gearboxes.

My Great Capture Screenshot 2022-03-09 19-45-03.png

Last edited:
Rotational G’s….

Where do I want this number? The lower the better I’m assuming?
I was wondering about that too, but I assumed the higher Gs would imply better turnability at those speeds.

Rotational G and Stability are the stats I'm more interested in pinning down.

Does stability denote the tendency of the car to understeer or oversteer on those speeds? Closer to 0 meaning a Neutral car, negative numbers an understeery car and positive values an oversreery ride? So far I've only noticed Neutral and Under, so not 100% on this stat yet.

Check the options menu for something called units, you switch it there, also 1 mile is 1.6km

Does anybody else miss having spring rate adjustment instead of natural frequency? I used to look at real world setups to implement in GT but it looks like PD is sticking to this convention as in GT Sport. I was hoping they'd go back in GT7 but..:rolleyes:

@alp I miss knowing the spring rate, but I'm principle I kinda prefer working with natural frequency. A value that is normalized for whatever weight modification I end up applying to the car is neat. I wish we could have both, having natural frequency in evidence and a little number denoting the spring rate.

What I miss the most is indication of bottoming out.

Back