Turtle beach PLa headset help!

• Thread starter ShootDaCar
  • 10 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
Shoot_Da_Car
ROTA DRIFTER
Hey guys and girls of the playstation world, I have just pulled a fresh set of the Turtle beach PLa
headset 's out of the packaging and have a few questions!

I run a HDMI input to my television is its best quality, a optic cable for full 5.1 surround sound (PS3), A xbox360 on AV and my Xbox one on HDMI, So I think I have run into a sticky situation, Do I plug the headset in (Usb and AV cables) and will it still run Optic cabled/5.1 surround sound? and what happens with the xbox? if I plug the xbox into the input on the back of the turtle beach AV cords, None of the pictures below are mine they are off google to show you what headset I am talking about.

Fresh packaging

Straight out on floor/table

Another picture

Cheers SDC.

My solution that I found was not one but three, I choose number 2. as I have 5.1 surround sounds.

1. You can use HDMI cord for TV/HDMI and The AV cords you just need to select audio out to The AV selection and leave the yellow un-plugged. (audio via headset for in-game and chat)

2. Just use HDMI cord for TV/HDMI and Just use the Headset for chat by just plugging in the USB. (Just game chat, Sound in TV/5.1 surround sound)

3.Have Both HDMI and AV cords plugged in select the out audio to AV cords and Select multi audio output.(Game chat and game audio all in the headset and for myself 5.1 surround sound to)

The main choice is probably up to the user, Some TV's may run more then one console so then, they run out of AV spaces. so they have to use just game chat.If I choose too, I could run all of the above choices really depends on your TV, Due to my TV not having audio out, I can only have 5.1 surround sound via optical, but thats kind of sacrificing a console I never play for left to right/front to rear sounds.

EDIT:
Been told it works for other turtle beaches is well.

Cheers all Hope this helps you all as well.....SDC.

Last edited:
What console are you trying to use them with?
Also the head set is only stereo not 5.1, for true 5.1 (or higher) XP500's do the job :sly:👍

What console are you trying to use them with?
Also the head set is only stereo not 5.1, for true 5.1 (or higher) XP500's do the job :sly:👍
Yeah I know, playstation 3…But I have 5.1 surround sound system.

There's something in the setting that you can change(it don't remember what it's called at the moment...)
I have played with the settings no hope.

Yeah I know, playstation 3…But I have 5.1 surround sound system.

Ok well how I run my PX21's is HDMI out from PS3 to TV (most people do). However also run the standard composite cable (that came with the console) and hook your headset plugs into that (they aren't plugged into anything, they're for the headset only). Then there's a setting in the PS3 to run dual audio. This should fix your problem.

Ok well how I run my PX21's is HDMI out from PS3 to TV (most people do). However also run the standard composite cable (that came with the console) and hook your headset plugs into that (they aren't plugged into anything, they're for the headset only). Then there's a setting in the PS3 to run dual audio. This should fix your problem.
No-one will be in the other room tonight so should be sweet, will try it next time though.

Back